Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heels For Him?

PierreSiebler

JoJo44
    I've bought several pairs of heels from there without any problem (including the ones in my post in the photo section.... titled :tickled pink) the quality is very good and the selection is vast. Their prices are way better than many CD sites i've been too (i think they take advantage of closet CD's). So as far as i'm concernd, they are worth looking into...Oh, I've never had any suprise bills or anything like that either.

Lois

Ps

Thanks for the info, I am always looking for a place that won't charge me a fortune for a simple pair of pumps.
    Jo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

Fun thread! Tonight my gf and I went out to Payless to check their shoes. I was very excited as I was wearing some stockings with the intent of trying on the shoes in the store before actually buying them for once. The sales girl came by and asked if I needed any help, like it wasn't any big deal. I tried on several pairs and bought some pretty flats and a gorgeous pair of black strappy heels. My gf was really having fun picking out heels for me to try on. What a delightful evening. Like the other ladies in this thread have said, go for it girl, act like you don't care what others may think and have some fun. I did. And I might go back tomorrow for the to die for brown pumps!

Guy in Skirts and Heels notquitegirl's Avatar
    I always try on shoes in the store. That's the only way I know that I like them. Fortunately, because I wear a size 10, there are plenty of options for me still, because that's still a common enough woman's size in almost all stores to find cute shoes.

Another Payless story

I have found that Payless is a good place to shop for larger size shoes. My only complaint is that the cute styles are in the smaller sizes I have had SA's be very helpful and attentive during my shopping. I also have been the guy in the middle of the isle wearing drab, slipping on the 3in heels. Still I love the thrift store shopping best, they are cheaper and it helps others. As others have said the more we do it the less we care. I have turned to ebay a little now in looking for shoes. There is a store on ebay that I have not bought from yet, but does have a very good selection of ladies shoes that fit CD's. I guess where ever you are shopping from, the comforts and safety of your home behind the computer screen or the store in the mall as long as you are having fun and can get what you want it is a great day. Remember a bad day shopping, or for me motorcycle riding, fishing or whatever your pleasure is, is better than a good day at work. So enjoy!

Lauren
    Last edited by 2b.Lauren; 02-10-2009 at 09:58 AM.

I've never been to a Value Village so It wasn't me. Well the gotta fit.
    Angie

PierreSilber

Quote Originally Posted by Lois1234 View Post
    JoJo44
    I've bought several pairs of heels from there without any problem (including the ones in my post in the photo section.... titled :tickled pink) the quality is very good and the selection is vast. Their prices are way better than many CD sites i've been too (i think they take advantage of closet CD's). So as far as i'm concernd, they are worth looking into...Oh, I've never had any suprise bills or anything like that either.

Lois
    I also bought a couple of pair of pumps, size 15, from PierreSilber, with no problems and quick service. They were the Pleaser brand that someone else was asking about, and they both fit okay.

To get some open toed sandals with 3 inch heels, I wound up at Amazon.com, which actually has a larger selection and prices as low as I could find anywhere.

Liz

Buying shoes

I remember when I first started buying womens shoes maybe 20 yrs ago. Payless was actually called Volume Shoe Source then. I would get so nervous and my heart would just race. I would find a pair of 11's I like, stall around for cashier to have no lines and rush up to pay. I think the sweat must have just poured off me. haha. If someone in line came up behind me in line I nearly passed out. Nowadays I just go in in male mode with stockings on and try on shoes. The SA's have always been nice and sometimes even hang around to help. It's actually almost addicting.

Thrift stores are fun, because it's a treasure hunt. 90% of the time they have nothing in my size I like, but when they do it's just a little thrill that doesn't cost much. I'm so brave now, I just try them on in the isles with the other women and they don't even seem to notice or care. I won't try them on if the women in the isle have children with them. I just think some confussion with the kids that could go the wrong way.

Feet too big

Oh to have smaller feet so I could find shoes in a store. But for me trying on shoes in the store would be an exercise in futility.
    But I do wish I could try it.

Ahhh, shopping for heels, my new favourite pastime

I'd always ordered my heels off the net up until recently. I'm only just starting to build up a wardrobe again after a few years of no dressing. It's just not possible to get heels delivered by mail until I move into my own place, this has left me with no choice but to try shopping for them myself.

Quite by accident I discovered a UK store called 'New Look' and they have some fantastic heels. A couple of weeks ago I managed to pluck up the courage to actually go in and buy some (This was after vising the store 4 or 5 times in a couple of weeks and chickening out each time). The girls that work there were great with me, unfortunately I didn't dare try any on as I still go out dressed as a male. The other problem is that I think they just presumed they were for a wife or gf because I take a UK size 6-7 (US 8-9). Still, it was great fun browsing through all the shoes and I went away with 4 pairs of heels.

I'm also into 'fetish' style heels and a complete sucker for 6" stiletto's, unfortunately most normal shops in the UK don't stock these kind of shoes. I found a place called 'Alternative Footwear' and went to their shop last Saturday. There were a few couples in there and I had to wait a while for the place to empty, and then asked the lovely lady who worked there if they had the styles I was after instock. They didn't have the heels I wanted in, but she kindly offered to show me similar styles and asked what size, when I told here a size 6-7 she was replied 'oh, so they're not for you then ?'.

In that split second I nearly took the easy way out and said they were for a gf, instead I was honest and just said 'Yep, they're for me, I've just got little feet'. It was the best thing I ever did, I spent an hour there trying on various heels and the SA seemed genuinly happy to help out. I ended up buying 7 pairs of heels and placing an order for 4 more pairs of 6" Pleaser shoes. I'm going back this Saturday to try them on and maybe even a few more styles, probably one of my happiest shopping experiences so far

Aspiring Member

Shoe Buying

My experince with shoe buying started in a suburban Milwaukee shoe store where I went at 8:45 PM when I thouht no one would be there. No one was and the SA was quite elderly. ii tpold him I wanted ladies shoes and he brougth me to a clearance rack and suggested I try on a 4" heel, that was an experience. He then brougth out a pair of Maine Trotters - 2" heel and I was sold on heels. When cashing out, he said the Red shoes would be $11.50, taking the sale to an even $100. The Italian red shoe works perfectly and I am all heels as much as possible. Happy are the click of heels.

[SIZE=2]You must have a big shoe budget Jane_cd123! I also visited Alternative Footwear for my heels, was also welcomed by the very friendly staff, but only came away with one pair of 5" sandals. My wife is still "anti" so I'd have a problem storing them if I'd bought more, but I really liked the knee or thigh high patent lace up 5" boots for around £50! The SA laced me into a pair of ballet heels, just for the experience; but I couldn't even straighten my ankle enough to stand up in them. They really are very helpful in there, and I live a lot closer than you, so I can easily go back if my circumstances change.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

Payless SA are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassia-Marie View Post
    I just had my first shoe shopping expedition a few minutes ago at Payless. (see http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...30#post1594830). I was in drab and no-one gave me a second look. The cashier even asked me if i wanted any "accessories - socks, stockings, perhaps a purse?" He seemed totally sincere and not at all making fun of me or anything like that. I'm hooked, now. Watch out, bank account!!!
    Few hours ago, I had kind of the same experience. I was with the wife buying drab shoes and when I was about to pay the SA told me about the offer they had, then I realized I wanted the "other" shoes and my wife encouraged me. I came back to the counter trembling with my shoes the SA was too busy having a chat with the other SA and they didn't even paid attention to me or my wife. Had it not been for my wife I wouldn't dare to buy the shoes.

By the way, I was so happy I could save have of the price. it was an authentic bargain.

I think Payless owes Crossdressers thier own sale ...they need to run a CD special once a month ...take an extra 10% off on any womens shoe purchased by a guy ...with a free pair of pantyhose tossed in if he wearing a dress....

Every CD i know buys payless shoes on a pretty consisent basis year round...So I know we have to make up a fairly decent amount of thier customer base...and thier bottom line....I would not be surprised to find out that their Sales Personel have been told to be nice to CDs by corporate...Because I know of no one who has had an issue at any payless store buying shoes....Hell...the sales folks here will call you and tell when the new styles in large sizes come in....if you ask them to...

So i do not sweat buying womens shoes there at all ...

Try Marshalls

I've had pretty good luck at Marshalls with size 11s. Good selection and reasonable prices. Mostly self serve so no problems with sales people. Try not to go shopping when the Saturday Afternoon bargain shoppers are out in herds. The women who shop during the week just seem more intelligent (if not just more non-judgemental).