Thread: Damn Winter, Damn Economy.

Damn Winter, Damn Economy.

When your a self employed contractor in new england and its winter time and the Economy sucks. Things get alittle slow, So you have some free time on your hands. Home all alone cause the GF is working and the kid is at school. With nothing to do...........All alone........

Ahh who the hell am i fooling. Friggin winter time is GREAT. Since i knew i'd have some free time on my hands Ive shaved my face and told the GF that its stayin that way for a while. Ive been having an absolute blast dressing up and doing my makeup. I wake up, dress up, Then do some chores around the house, Take some pictures, surf this site. Im in heaven. God its gonna suck when summer time comes around.

Sorry I just had to rant and rave a bit. Im very active in the summer time so winter useally sucks. But now that ive found something to pass the time along. Its happy days.

Anyone else in the same boat, Enjoying extra free time because of the Economy or the season??? Not working can suck, But, Might as well be an optimist right??
    Last edited by Jenna Stunned; 02-02-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Well... Things are slightly slow, but then I get a hectic few days... I may be a Capricorn (and born in a snowdrift) but I hate winter... Brrrrrrrrrrr... and I can't see in the snow (Bright sunlight and snow do for me... Can't see and I keep sneezing unless I wear good sunglasses)

Roll on summer... Bikinis... cool drinks... reading a paperback on a warm... lazy... buzzing day... Mmmmmmmm I feel warm just thinking about it
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Might as well take advantage of every opportunity, right!I'm at the opposite end of that deal, but I'm glad someone is enjoying this down time.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Alternately... I love winter and for me the down turn in the stock market has created a great stock buying opertunity, imho!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

dido dido dido, ogirls what to where. i have more time but have made some decisions about my path in the trans direction so life will be a bit more challenging for now.
    Have owned my own bus. for 22 years and winter is a chance to catch my breath AND I HATE THE COLD.
    Last edited by Brandiwvr; 02-02-2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Brandi

[SIZE=4]It's great that you can full advantage of the free time. Dress and do your chores and have fun.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I do the exact thing when I have a day off.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

It SUCKS, Jenna!

I'm starting to see well dressed ladies proweling thru the Goodwill racks!
    They're grabbing up the cool, stylish stuff the undocumented folks go rite by!

I was dressed for Superbowl. Thot I'd do some filming outside at halftime. The sun WAS ALREADY BEHIND THE BUILDINGS, here in SCal!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

if our weather keeps up the snow will be gone in 2weeks....ok 3 weeks. +2C today
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

+2 c huh?? i know how that feels. Actually today was the nicest day of the year so far{40F}, but. Were getting another 6 inches tomorrow. Already had over 50 inches so far. If it keeps up like this were gonna have snow on the ground intill june. Oh well, that only means its longer i can keep my legs shaved.

Wish i were in so cal. Do you even have winter there???
    Last edited by Jenna Stunned; 02-02-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    When your a self employed contractor in new england and its winter time and the Economy sucks. Things get alittle slow, So you have some free time on your hands.....
    Anyone else in the same boat, Enjoying extra free time because of the Economy or the season??? Not working can suck, But, Might as well be an optimist right??
    Although the economy is sluggish, there are still opportunities. If you want work, you can find it, but you may not be able to make the same profit as when times were better. Even though housing prices are down, many homeowners need to improve or fix their homes. Now, they are holding onto their money...BUT...if they sense a good deal and feel that they are actually taking advantage of the bad times, they can feel better about parting with their dough.

Your job is to convince them that due to the bad times, your price is a lot cheaper than it was less than a year ago...and as long as you can make some kind of a profit, you will be ahead of the game.

I don't mean to take away from your girly time, but maybe you'll be able to afford a new wardrobe going into spring!

Good luck!
    Jacqui

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Same temps as yours, last week!

+2 c huh?? i know how that feels. Actually today was the nicest day of the year so far{40F}.
    Wish i were in so cal. Do you even have winter there???
    Last week it was 40 here in SCal, too!

( Of course, quiblers would tell u that was at nite.)

But, I say 40 is 40, day or nite! It's still too dam cold, unless you're snowboarding!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

40 is 40 true, but your 40 was the low, My 40 was the high.

Id trade you my 40 for your 40 anyday. Aww to see green trees again........ Heck id be happy with seeing some grass.....
    But in all seriousness, Its really not that bad. If you have lived in it your whole life, Its not that bad. All the friggin snow on the other hand......ehh......

Thanks jacqui for your advice, I should mention that Im not really complaining about it being slow. I was EXTREMELY busy all last year, And im still working like 3 days a week, Which is more than enough to get by. So im not hurting all that bad. Which is why i can take so much pleasure in a few extra days off. But thank you anyhow.

If you need a job that doesn't require working out side.... We can always use good underground coal miners!! Guaranteed no snow!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You're all saying winter sucks... 40F must be cold, i have no idea of the conversion to celsius but we had 3 days in row over 40 here in Melbourne last week. If you watched the tennis you'd know all about it.

The temperatures here were,
    (remember we're talking degrees celsius here)

Tuesday 35
    Wednesday 43
    Thursday 42
    Friday 45 This would be about 105 or 110 i think!

You're all complaing it's too bloody cold and i'm complaining that it's too bloody hot!
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Banned Read only
    Oh, the vagaries of construction...

I'm looking at some ass time here soon, waiting for the next project to start. It will mean lots of free time to dress up -- but no money to go shopping. Nothin' but time... to go out and show off the new shoes & outfits I -- won't be buying.

That's frickin' painful.

40 is 40 true, but your 40 was the low, My 40 was the high.

Id trade you my 40 for your 40 anyday. Aww to see green trees again........ Heck id be happy with seeing some grass.....
    But in all seriousness, Its really not that bad. If you have lived in it your whole life, Its not that bad. All the friggin snow on the other hand......ehh......
    - I'll trade you your 40's for Aussie 40's.
    It's been OVER 40 C for a week straight!! Record high of 45.7c. I believe that is something around 114 F ?

I'm still busy at work, it's cold and I don't have time for Rachel! I have the worst of all.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Does your Spouse know that you are enjoying CDing while she is gone ?????
    That could make for a COLD WINTER if she thinks you are at home having fun while she is working.

If she knows and has no problem with it, then have fun and hope the Winter goes on for a long time.

JoAnne Wheeler

Yeah, She knows. She is accepting about me dressing. But some times i get the feeling that she doent really want to see it. So i think that shes happy that right now she doesnt have to. Im sure it will come as a shock though when she gets to see how well Jena is coming along. He he he.

Actually she is happy about me not working cause she doenst have to do any chores around the house, And i have dinner ready for her when she gets home. WOW, I really am playing the stereotypical woman's roll.

And no doubt you've heard of the problems in the UK ha-ha. Where I dress we have no electricity, I have no real winter wardrobe (all short skirts and flimsy tops) so winter is no fun. Roll on spring and warmth when I can get to dress sexy
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Banned Read only

Actually she is happy about me not working cause she doenst have to do any chores around the house, And i have dinner ready for her when she gets home.

Women out there... you listening to this?