Thread: Conversation With My Wife Tonight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Conversation With My Wife Tonight

I had quite a night this evening with my wife and needed to talk about it. I came out to my wife about my crossdressing about a month ago (although she stated then that I had told her about it a long time ago when we were just friends) and after assuring her that I was a.)Not interested in ever having a sex-change operation and b.)Not looking to have a same-sex relationship (not that that really has anything to do with crossdressing) she seemed o.k. about it. She told me that she really does not have a problem with me crossdressing but that she is just mostly concerned about other people, especially our kids, finding out about it. I promised to be discreet about it and that was that...or so I thought. Tonight, she inadvertently found out about me having purchased a wig recently and it sent her into a tailspin because she felt like I was hiding things from her and my hiding the fact that I purchased a wig indicated that I don't feel comfortable telling her about it and when I explained that I still felt uncomfortable and somewhat embarrassed about discussing my crossdressing with her or anybody else, she asked me why do I enjoy doing it if it feels so embarrassing. She looked at my buying a wig as only being about wanting to go out in public crossdressed (which I do want to do at some point but it was not bought solely for that purpose), which she also had some concerns about. She stated that she didn't want to go out in public with me crossdressed because she couldn't "be herself" and she didn't want us to be mistaken as a lesbian couple (she seems to have real fears about being perceived as a lesbian for some reason). She left open the possibility me going out by myself but stated that she didn't want it taking away any of our "alone time," to which I replied that I didn't want to do it if it meant taking away from our "alone time." I also I again had to reassure her about my disinterest in a sex change operation and in adopting a same-sex lifestyle, fears that seem to be fueled (from what my wife said) from shows that she has seen on Oprah and other "investigative reports" that discuss similar stories involving transsexuals, men on the "down low," etc. She apparently fears that one day out of the blue I will either announce that I am a transsexual or gay (or both). It really makes me mad that people are being fed these sensationalistic stories about crossdressers and needlessly causing people to worry. :mad: I don't know what, if anything, was actually resolved through our conversation but I was wondering if anybody has had similar experiences with their wives/significant others and what everybody thinks about whether or not should have told my wife about my wig and how I can help reassure my wife about our marriage. Any thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Stephanie; 05-15-2005 at 08:28 PM.