...and it is one of the things has has helped me keep my sanity. These pages are full of wonderful souls whom have somehow found acceptance of themselves and I thank them. All of you. I carry around alot of internalized negativity about this. This web page has helped me to shed some of it.

To the girls who dealt with the shame/guilt issue in the past:

Can you pinpoint any one moment when you knew that you knew that you knew you were through with shame and would be shackled by it no longer?

Was it something that you did? Something that you realized? A process?

Because I am apparently missing that boat. I am shackled and influenced by the perceptions of others. I have spoken extensively to those who are free to be themselves, they are mostly older it seems. May be it just takes time.
I have been in therapy.
I spend days at work afraid someone is gonna bring up 'those weirdos that dress in women's clothes' and it intimidates me the machismo I see guys around me expressing.
I just wish I could stand up and have thick skin.

When I think about CD, it is often from points of view other than my own. In my mind playing over and over are the negative things I've heard over and over down thru the years from parents, co-workers, friends:
Those kinds of people are sick, perverted, I feel sorry for them, pray for them, etc.
How do you get past this and shed it once and for all it is driving me up the wall!!