... the first time you went out in public en femme? Mine was at SCC '08, I arrived a few days early, and I hadn't met anyone yet, and my "big sister" hadn't arrived yet, due to traffic and the distance she had to travel. I decided to take a "shot in the dark", and "dolled up" as best as I could. (My makeup probably looked like it was put on via an airplane propellor and a garden hose) I was SOOOO nervous as I walked up to a table full of people, and asked "are you with SCC?" They said "Yeah, why are you so nervous?" As soon as I told them that that was my FIRST ever venture into public en femme, they patted me on the back and congratulated me right and left!! I HAVE to say that SCC is one VERY supportive and mentoring group for ANY member of the TG spectrum!! My "big sister" arrived soon thereafter, and her mentoring began, with her telling me in no uncertain terms that I had JUST overcome the biggest hurdle!! Yes, SCC '08 was the BIGGEST episode of inner healing and acceptance that I have EVER experienced in my life!!