In an earlier thread I brought up the effects of a close friend starting her transition and its effects on people. Besides the answers on the post itself, I received many e-mails with others insight as they saw it.
Those responses prompted this thread.
All I can base my thoughts on are personal observations and incoming communications such as the e-mails. I would like to see how everyone else sees it too. What "it" is just happens to be actions and thought patterns of those who are CD/TS/TG. Does our "group" show a higher degree of ME FIRST!
I understand the need of individuals to pursue their own path in life - BUT how far do we go. How much do we allow others to just live with our actions because we like it or need it, and if others are just not open minded enough to accept it - then tough. I'm doing it anyway. Where does it say in the marriage certificate that after we realize being married isn't the "fix" we thought it would be for our desire to CD, then till death do us part becomes till you can't live with the new me. Is it fair for our kids to be teased at school because "your daddy's a sissy so you must be one too." Why do we feel our choice of lifestyle - because we are comfortable with it or we need to become our true selves - comes first. It shouldn't matter how it effects others. Should it? Are we being selfish? Or are others just not accepting fast enough the new age and it really is their problem not ours? Is there a more appropriate way for us to help the rest of the world with learning what CD/TS/TG is all about rather than shock and awe? Are we invading others "space" by breaking with societal customary dress style? Or are they impeding our freedom to be who we want?
If you want to flame this post - then take out your anger somewhere else. I purposely did not direct this post one way or another. Just looking for good clean dialog between us. There is too much grey area here to be a solid right or wrong.