[SIZE="2"]Hello, friends! Today, December 13, is Saint Lucy’s Day. Since it is one of the few saint days observed in Scandinavia, it is celebrated in Lindsborg, KS (a.k.a. Little Sweden) the traditional way -- Saint Lucy appears as a young woman (usually the oldest daughter in a family) with lights and sweets. With this in mind, I’m offering my “holiday cookies” today in the form of random observations -- these are meant to be semi-humorous, and they are based mainly on things seen or experienced in the MtF area, where I usually reside:

1. Inserting the word “Art” into a post will kill a thread immediately.
2. Have you noticed that your fingers do a little dance when you type the word “crossdresser?”
3. Threads that take a long time to write drop like stones, while short, hastily-written threads get plenty of attention. Maybe I’m jealous…
4. I didn’t have a feminine name until I came here (I was just me), so I had to choose one quickly. The accents were an afterthought…
5. SO, SO, SO – doesn’t anyone ever talk about insignificant others?
6. Are you like me? Do you have a big pile of ridiculous, unused posts sitting around?
7. It’s very easy to be a crossdresser when you’re not married, have no children, and don’t work for someone else (and rarely go outside)…
8. How do I get that hidden skin? Oops, wrong forum…
9. Trains and crossdressers go together for some reason, regardless of what country you’re from…
10. Many younger crossdressers seem troubled, while older members seem comfortable with themselves, so the moral must be “wait a while”…
11. I rarely post without quoting, but I like to acknowledge the OP, if at all possible…
12. If you and I were to meet, and you knew who I was, would you shake my hand, hug me, or kiss me? Hopefully you wouldn’t ignore me…
13. New girls are welcomed, and then promptly ignored. Patience is a virtue, my friends…
14. It takes time (sometimes days) to write a decent PM, and it hurts my shoulder…
15. Reading between the lines here is one of many necessary skills…
16. Self-pleasure is a wonderful thing (I mean in regards to spelling and grammar)…
17. Members do leave, but they usually return. The space in between grows exponentially each time it happens. Come back, TXKimberly…
18. A sense of loneliness comes through loud and clear in some of the posts (especially mine)…
19. Sports and crossdressing don’t mix properly, unless you’re playing hockey with Karren Hutton, of course…
20. Regarding MtF’ers, nobody talks enough about the simple pleasures of wearing a dress…
21. Freddy has never read the “Art of tucking” thread. This is what I have to work with …
22. I have several friends who write well, and I’ve alienated some of them, too…
23. Since I never had a true girlhood, I live vicariously through other’s experiences…
24. How about a smilie that bows or curtsies?
25. Ze has the best signature…:Ze:
26. I’m anticipating a “What color nail polish did you spill on your (fill in the color) panties” thread…
27. Posts can resemble shy notes, toilet-paper length discourses, or space-filling lists
28. We wear masks in real life, but when we put on a little make-up we see our true selves…
29. This forum reminds me of a secret tree house in the deep woods, made accessible by a rope ladder…
30. You can fall asleep easily by counting how many thousands of words you’ve wasted…
31. Someday I’m going to write a post starting with a single quoted word from someone (like "the")…
32. There’s this strange feeling at all times that men in women’s clothing are reading what I write…
33. I really need you to like me, because I’ve never fit in anywhere – it’s true…
34. Darling is a beautiful word…
35. I arrange my perversions like flowers – aren’t they pretty?
36. If a crossdresser wears a kilt, it immediately ceases to be a battle garment. Skip the sporran…
37. When I first came here I was worried I had nothing meaningful to say, but now I’m quite sure of it…
38. Looking at the photos here makes me realize just how introverted I am…
39. In the past five months I’ve told the same stories three times or more, but nobody seems to notice…
40. My biggest fear is not having enough knowledge to back up a response, or respond to a topic in the first place…
41. Few (if any) realize that this list can be seen as an example of conceptual art. Oh, never mind…
42. If I had five cents for every time I read the word “guilt” here, I’d have $105.95…
43. I thought I was hopelessly shy and quiet, but now I seem outgoing by comparison…
44. Do you ever notice how you bump into the same members now and then within a thread, as if we’re all thinking alike, or just happen to be awake at the same time?
45. This crazy dollhouse keeps rolling along like a katamari…
46. I always enjoy getting a PM and reading it, but I love to write and send one even more…
47. What exactly happened on 1/18/08, at 1:37 AM, when there were 1,257 members online?
48. The “Writer’s Society” reminds me of the film Cube 2: Hypercube: four people sitting in the corners of a room, getting ready to crawl through a hole to another dimension. Maybe I’m just jealous…
49. Do you speak in your femme voice when you talk to yourself?
50. My message is this – enjoy being different. If I could meet you I would give you a warm, reassuring embrace. We’ve come a long way, you and I…

Thanks for reading...
Happy Saint Lucy’s Day![/SIZE]