My Heroess...My wife...My best friend....My Protector

Last night i gotten out of the shower dried off and went to find some pants in the closet. All that was left out of my guy jeans were work jeans and one pair that still had the tag on them.
As i picked up the jeans i realized they were the ones my sister-in-law and brother-in-law gotten me for christmas and i hadnt worn them yet because they were 33in waist and i wear 28-30 in mens. Regardless i put them on with a belt and proceeded to cook dinner and do dishes. As i finished up the dishes and was starting dinner Wifeys sis and her hubby come over to hang out on thier way thru town.
Im standing at the stove cooking and talking with my wife and them, when my brother in law says jokingly
"hey man i like those pants, whered ya git em'"....
i responded slyly "some ppl i know got em for me"
he chuckled and said "Ummmmm Don......what happened whatd you do?"
"What are you talking about " i asked
He Finishes with "Because your toenails are painted clear"

Not Even a heartbeat after the words left his mouth My wife says..."Its strenghtener, his toenails get brittle so i painted them with clear to keep them from splitting"

Which is only the partial truth, i paint them because im a girly guy

He said "Oh, Does it work?"

I said being sarcastic "Yeah i just have to deal with all the guys picking on me about my pretty toenails..."

And then Sis in law chimes in "Yeah hunny, Dont pick on Don"

And as the subject changed i stood there in front of the stove slightly shaken up, coming to the swift realization that Wifey had saw the fact that i would have a hard time explaining my toenails and without hesitation stuck up for me to protect my feelings.....i was glad i had my back everyone while i was cooking cuz it took a min for my eyes to dry

I am so proud of her