I just posted a comment about this, but I think it deserves a thread.

*Transgender (pronounced /trænzˈdʒɛndər/) is a general term applied to a variety of individuals, behaviors, and groups involving tendencies to vary from the usual gender roles.*

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender *

So pretty much everyone on this site except for SOs and admirers are transgendered, why is that so hard for some to accept?

I don't care what anyone self identifies as, I'm talking about the definition of transgendered.

I care because being a full time transsexual woman I deal with people all the time now who are very misinformed about transgendered people, and I feel like if we can't get our terms straight, how do we expect the public to? I don't care what country you're from either, when I say "homosexual", we ALL know what that is and "transgender" needs to be at that point.

I feel like many people who identify as crossdressers think there is some stigma attached to the word transgender , maybe it sounds too much like transvestite? But way more than once I've read threads here where a crossdresser says something along "I'm not a transgender, I just like to dress up" Sorry dude, but yes, you are.

I know people are gong to tell me "You can't tell me what I am" and to that I say I calls it like I sees it, meaning that every person in this world, like it or not has a label attached to them, be it "christian", "white", "single" , "brunette", "fat", etc, all labels, all true of the individuals. It's human nature to give something a name.

Here's to unity!