It's hard to make really good friends sometimes, especially on this Forum. I think perhaps it's due to the fact that although there is anonimity through the internet, there is also the hesitation to confide in others or get close to them, even though they may extend of themselves and have nothing but good intentions. We are all into this (CDing) together. By extending myself I have made many good friends here, but at the same time there are many others who seem to have high initial enthusiasm but taper off if more personal communication such as instant messaging or talking on the phone is offered. I realize there are many out there who do not have our best interests at heart and even deride us because of who we are. However, I have learned to take most at face value until proven otherwise and if that happens just do not communicate with them. We do have to trust our instincts and gut feelings sometimes with respect to others but I have found for the most part, many here are genuine albeit sometimes hesitant to pursue friendships. I was wondering what your experiences were with regard to this.