The other day we were disucussing reasons crossdressing would have been culturally frowned upon other than simply people not doing the normal thing and one of the reasons discussed was that it could make it difficult for countries to draft men properly if the men disguised themselves as women to hide out from the draft. The question then turned to what is the status of a person in the United States that has transitioned from one gender to the other? Is a female who was born male still subject to the draft? Is a male who was born female required to be registered for the draft? We really didn't know.

Honestly, I think the draft laws are rather antiquated and in the remote case that a draft is nessassary it should call upon both sexes equally (with exceptions for care of children, infirmaties, age, ect). But since it is gender specific at the moment not really sure how it applies to people who have transitioned from one gender to the other. Was wondering if anyone could fill me in on this because I am honestly curious to how it is handled.