There are posters here who wish they could be the girl/woman that they feel that they are. There are times when I wonder if I would be happier being Nikki also.
However the the last few weeks have made me appreciate my life and all that passed. I've gotten to raise two great kids, both college grads, the second one just graduating this past week. If I had transitioned before I met my wife or after, how would have things changed.
As a widower, I've had the house to myself while they were both in college so Nikki had her chance to bloom. Now my son is back home since he found a job that he can commute to, its companionship for me, a hand with the bills and a chance for him to pay off a chunk of his college loans. So my time is a bit curtailled, but I still get a chance to dress (with the help of friends or some careful planning), just not as often. While a bit frustrating at times I can deal with it.
Maybe this a bit long winded but what I'm trying to say is that sometimes you just have to be thankful for what you have and no worry about what you may be missing.