Thread: Suffering from FIG?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suffering from FIG?

Forum Induced Guilt is what I'm talking about here.
    Before joining the forum I was perfectly content with my life, and that certainly included my CD'ing. Shortly after joining I read a thread on "lying to your SO"
    No infection yet! As I continue to explore my CD'ing, reading, learning, and realizing I am fully vested in it, more threads keep popping up covering the same topic.
    This is where the infection started. Yesterday I read 2 different threads which sent me in opposite directions on weather or not to make the big reveal. I thought I should stay away from reading any more of these threads and try to figure it out on my own. Well, the forum is usually such a great resource, and I found myself looking for more info on the topic, The infection is spreading even faster now!
    My question here is for those of you that made the reveal to your SO's AFTER joining the forum. Do any of you feel you were pressured into the reveal?
    and also are there any other members who feel they may be suffering from FIG?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

I'd really like to just hear from those that came to the forum with a preexisting relationship, but were closeted, and made the reveal to the same SO, otherwise the thread will get filled with too many unrelated posts. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-07-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: combined posts. If you need to add, just edit your post
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!