Thread: For those of us over 60, how many of us would have transitioned if born in the 80s?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For those of us over 60, how many of us would have transitioned if born in the 80s?

As, I think many of us, I yearned to have been a girl while growing up in the 1950s - actually, from about age 4 on. Of course, I knew nothing of transgenderism or GID and my parents were old-school British. There was no opportunity to become the first Kim Petras, that's for sure. There was high school, college, Army, marriage and a career as an attorney. However, my GID remains undiminished and I often wonder if I had been born in the 80s, would I have transitioned, or stayed as I am now - reasonably content in my role, but still feeling somewhat unfulfilled/unfinished. I believe if I were born 25 years ago I would have gone for it while still in my teens and by my early 20s would have joined the other team.

This question is aimed at those of us for whom time and the opportunity never happened. Would you have taken the plunge and, perhaps, sacrificed your family, childhood friends and probably the chance to have your own children, in pursuit of the dream? How important would that have been in your life?
    Last edited by Jeninus; 06-28-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter