SO today I was out and about for some business meetings. In between appointments I took time to shop a little. As I was working all day I was in drab. I am very comfortable shopping for womens clothes, make up and even panties by now. I'm even comfortable being dressed out in day light. what makes me feel embarrassed is being seen part way dressed. if I can present fully femme or fully drab I am fearless but if I had a dress on but no make up that feels different somehow. Anyway as most who know me are aware I am a shoe fanatic. I never have enough shoes. And as any lady knows a shoe size is not always a guaranteed fit.
So there I am in a suit and tie in a department store. I wanted to try on a wonderful pair of shoes that were only in a size 11. with this brand of shoes sometimes an 11 will fit and sometimes it won't. Well I didn't want to pop off my loafer and try on a pump right in the aisle so I carried the shoes under my arm and took a few pairs of pants into the fitting room. I tried on the shoes and they fit. I was thrilled. so I walked out and straight to a register. I bought the shoes and walked towards the exit. Just as I reached the door. two plain clothes security guards asked me to follow them to the office. I followed them and pulled out my receipt. They asked me what I stole. I said nothing. They kept repeating that the saw me stick something in my jacket and sneak it in the dressing room. At this point the cops hadn't been called but they were being very persistent and I thought if I didn't just come out with things would just spiral on from here. So I exclaimed, "OK! Look. I like buying and wearing womens clothes. I saw these shoes. and wanted to try them out in the fitting room. So I hid them in my jacket when I checked in the fitting room so no one would know I was trying them on. I bought and paid for them, you can search me I don't have any other merchandise on me. I was just trying to be discrete about something potentially embarrassing"
The two security guys were quiet and then they started snickering. One said " so you're not a thief, you're just a freak?" At this point I was furious. I asked if there was still any question about me stealing anything. They both said no so I said then I want to see the most senior manager that's in the store. After waiting 20 mins a nicely dressed young woman walked in and introduced herself as a manager. She said she was sorry about the mix up and that there was nothing to worry about, and that I was free to go.
Of course I was free to go I hadn't stolen anything. I said to her. "Well thank you for saying that. I will accept that my behavior looked suspicious and I certainly have no problem discussing it with your security if they are concerned that I've taken something. However after I explained, your security guards laughed at and mocked me. I heard them in the hall way telling other employees in person and on their walkie-talkies that they caught a 'freak or faggot'. I'm appalled that in this day and age that I would be treated this way in an nice department store like this. "
I don't think she was prepared for that and she began apologizing profusely. I didn't want to take out my anger on her because she hadn't done anything wrong so I simply said that I would like her to return the shoes for me because i'm not interested in shopping at an intolerant store. She insisted that the store and management encourage and require tolerance from their employees for shoppers of all kinds. She Returned my money, gave me the shoes for free and made the two security guys apologize.

very interesting day indeed. I was thrilled to get new shoes for free but I hate that some people behave that way.