Hi all.

I have a question that I've been pondering over the last few days, which I'm sure a lot of other SOs have difficulties with too, so I thought I'd pose it here:

Basically, a lot of you seem to refer to yourselves as two different people - a guy and a girl - living in the same body. I was wondering why it is you feel this way, rather than feeling like they're just aspects of one whole person?

For example, I can be happy, I can be sad. I can be quiet, I can be irritatingly noisy. That doesn't mean that I see myself as four different people; happy, sad, quiet and noisy; living in one body - they're just different bits of me. Equally, I can think in a very male way sometimes (the whole maths, computers, logic bit), this doesn't mean that I see myself as one logical male person, and one emotional, irrational female person.

I'm kind of struggling with the idea that my boyfriend might contain a whole new person that I'm going to have to get to know, and hopefully like, for us to maintain a happy relationship - if it turns out that he's just the same person as he always was (albeit a bit more open, loving and intimate, rather than closed off), who just happens to wear girlie clothes and/or look like a full on girl sometimes, I think I can cope with that ok. If he is actually two different people, I may well end up feeling threatened by 'her', and this wouldn't be ok...

Views/thoughts etc?...........