Poor me. I just have to vent because the only other person I can vent to besides my Forum friends is my wife.

Here's the set-up: My wife and high school age son are heading out next week on a four day school trip. This is an annual event, so we have known about it since last year. It is the one time these days that I have the house to myself for more than a few hours. To say that I am looking forward to that time is an understatement. My wife is supporting and knows Eva would make good use of her time.

Here's the upshot: I got a call yesterday from a friend. His wife's mother has been in the hospital for a month in another town. They are moving her to a rehab facility in our area. He and his wife will be coming down for the next month or so from Thursday evening until Sunday to be with the Mother starting NEXT WEEK. They are dear friends and we have told them (maybe foolishly) that our home is always open to them. So one or both will be staying in our guest room when they are in town. I can't possibly tell them they can't - especially because of the tough circumstances with the Mother. My four day pink fog is going up in smoke. Timing is everything! Part of me wants to cry and the other part just has to laugh. It seems like something always comes up to interfere with my Eva time.

Okay. I'm done venting. Maybe they won't show up until Friday so I get one evening to myself...

Brooding,

Eva D.