okay: i have issues with the idea of 'tolerance' (i'll merely "accept" you as a tg- a subset of our society but do not dare claim equal status...)

(the definition is fine- but i think it is often adulterated)

so what would be better?

Acknowledgement? Allusion? Acceptance? Agreement? Alignment?

Please allow the alliteration... but seriously, what level of amortization are we anticipating with our anti-tg antagonists?

Are we to allow amatuerestic aggression?

Are we not allowed to avast antipathetic assertions?

If we can do this with 1/26th of the alphabet- let's get out our ideas!!! Get mad! TGs are everwhere!

We are at the point where many or most of us can get some form of protection. I say- let's use it. Open up aggressively. Stake claims, dare people to challenge you.

Well, maybe that is sill too forward. But if you do get discovered or challenged: never back down.

I am in a position where i need political approval- and i would like to hide my tg affinity. but if it comes out- and it just might- i will embrace it and drive forward. Because none of my 'competitors' have anywhere near the combination of military service, industry experience, and academic ability that a TG does.

I am almost ready to 'come out' just to secure this position-- but a strong part of me says this is not necessary- and not appropriate: TG or not: we should be selected for our ability, history, education and passion. And mostly we are.

Tolerance is bullshirt. TGs are two-spirited persons. Shamans. Even if the majority of us do not have shaman training... we are still conduits to a higher understanding.

HEY- maybe that is what is so scary to TG-phobics.

-kristin <serious>