Thread: Giving Thanks for Being What I Am

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Giving Thanks for Being What I Am

I’ve had almost 2 years to ponder the facts of my new life.
    It has been a most curious learning experience. A journey of self awareness, and it continues today.

Thankful for being transgender. This is not a curse. It is a blessing.
    Many would not consider it so. It is not easy to live out as CD/TG. It is not easy living off the path of the mainstream. It comes with cost. BUT...
    I almost pity those with but one side of the binary gender divide to their lives.

I live in between. Not entirely female because I have a male body. Not entirely male because I have a female mind and soul. I am transgender, capable of embracing all the aspects of being a complete human being.

I had a great run as a “man”, living in a man’s world; and I still enjoy the victory lap of a successful “male” life. I am proud of what I did and who I am and was. I also cherish the feminine qualities I have, and look forward to the new life it brings. The duality makes me complete.

The fact of re-discovering myself and re-inventing myself at such an advanced age is revitalizing and exciting. Most men (or women) would never dare entertain such change in maturity. To me it is life giving. For that I am thankful.

Recognizing my God given female qualities has made me whole. It has made me powerful for the woman within me is powerful. She has been my Grace and Bearing in the hardest of times; and I could no more deny Her than I could my own soul. I can call upon all the powers of my male-ness when needed; and bring forth the beauty of my femininity on demand. This is a gift.

No longer do I live in fear of discovery, being outted, mocked or punished for being who and what I am; a fully realized beautiful member of the human race. My transgender makes me stronger as a person. It expands my human experience. I consider it a benefit; an addition not a defect to my being.

To others, I have “gender issues”. To me, there is no issue. I’m proud and pleased to identify as transgender, having the privilege of living across both genders. I give thanks for the peace of better knowing, at long last; who and what dwells within me; and for the journey of discovery to unlock all my future potential as a person.
    Last edited by IleneD; 11-23-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.