In drab, I went to Goodwill to donate 2 women's shirts. The store was kind of busy so a SA said to me in a hurry, "I'll take you over here hun!" I gave her two laundered shirts. She looks at each one of them with inspecting eyes and while she was looking at the second one, I said that it was practically new and had only been worn once. To that, she responded, "Yes, but they should have tags on them!" I said I didn't know that tags had to be on. She just rolled her eyes. She then punches a few keys at the cash register and asks, "Would you like to donate 2 cents?" I said I would. She said it would be $10. I asked her again about the 2 cents donation. She couldn't understand the confused look on my face. I asked her finally if I had to pay to donate clothes at Goodwill as it was only my second time at the store, the first being many years ago.

She then said, "Aah, you are donating these, aren't you?" I replied affirmatively and she said, "Now I understand your confusion." She canceled the transaction on the register and proceeded to give me a donation slip for tax purposes. So, up to that point, she assumed that I had tried those two shirts at the store and lost the tags and I was buying those!