Thread: Ordeal over and no harm done .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Ordeal over and no harm done .

This story goes back to being caught speeding , I was taking my daughter shopping to an out of town store and forgot about temporary speed restrictions through a roadworks .

In the UK we have three options depending on the percentage over the legal limit , we can pay a fine ( ?100.00) and have three penalty points on your driving license or take a speed awareness course (?90.00) or finally plead your case in court , I opted to take the course . Normally they are held in a classroom or a hotel conference room but with the lockdown restrictions they are done online using Microsoft Teams . The next problem I faced was choosing to sit the course as Teresa . The requirement at the start of the course is to show evidence that you were the driver at the stated address which is usually proved by showing a drivers license or a current passport . I telephoned them explaining I was TG and my appearance wouldn't match those documents so they agreed to prove my identity though a current household bill . The receptionist did thank me for letting them know as they hadn't dealt with this situation before .

Today I finally joined the course after two aborted attempts through technical problems , it was the first time I've been on an open conference call and it went very well , I could see and hear all the other participants and obviously they could see and hear me . It was very informative , I have to admit after years behind the wheel it's surprisng the things you forget , the guy running it also had some fun with us .

At the end it was so good to have this ordeal behind me , I had a confirmation Email from the County Police Force confirming I had successfully attended the course and no further action would be taken

Sorry it's a longish story , again it's to show being TG isn't a problem , I admit I had been told twice to take the course in male mode , I personally feel doing it as Teresa was the right thing to do , not just for me but the whole TG community .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-10-2020 at 02:57 PM.