I struggled all the way through public school back in the sixties and seventies. I graduated at the bottom quarter of my class and came close to not graduating at all. It was in the late seventies or early eighties that adult attention deficit disorder ADD first came into mainstream consciousness. As soon as I heard the symptoms, I knew that the condition fit me. It was in the late nineties that I finally got officially tested and scored as close to 100% on the scale as possible (99+%) for ADD/non-hyperactive. The term neurodivergent didn't come into common usage until later and includes ADD/Autism/Asperger's Syndrome and others.

I'm no expert but I'm well aware that my attention deficit disorder has made it hard to connect to people and also creates a situation where I tend to just see things differently from most people. I did a couple of self-assessments for autism and ruled it out fairly quickly but I also seem to have some mild autistic traits. Neurodivergence, and autism spectrum traits specifically, seems to coincide statistically with gender dysphoria.

I feel like my neurodivergence is very much a factor in my inability to conform to societal norms without considerable stress and even some depression. I am wondering how prevalent neurodivergence might be here on the forum and whether individuals have been tested verified on one of the neurodivergent spectrums.