My experience so far has been that people are much kinder interacting face to face than on tiny screens. To those who venture outside enfemme, it would be so nice to hear of the best, worst, kindest, friendliest or rudest things people have said to you. Here are some quotes from my most recent adventure:

Older woman walking behind me at the airport: "I am looking at your bag (tote) trying to read the brand name because I need a new one and yours is really nice!"

A college student at the museum shop while browsing in the same aisle for five minutes before returning to her group of fellow students : "I really love your hat, it goes well with your dress."

A woman trying to get a perfect selfie shot when I offered to take her photo seeing her struggle after taking probably the 50th selfie: "Thanks hun! You look so nice, you look like a model."

Starbucks' cashier while placing order after a morning run in an athletic mini dress paired with sneakers and a bucket hat: "You look so wonderful, everything is coming together perfectly (making a heart sign with hands)."

Food truck guy when the order was ready: "Here's your order, senorita!". "Gracias! Muy buena!" I replied.

A woman at the sidewalk who I politely asked if she would take a picture of me: "Absolutely, I am going to take a few from different angles and distances and you can keep changing poses." She took about thirty in two minutes.

A young couple who I asked if they could take a picture of me while waiting for the walk sign. The guy while the girl took the photos "You're in luck, she goes to film school." "Yay!", I said with a big smile and bigger thanks.

A drunk guy coming out of the underground metro station downtown where I was getting a few photos taken by a kind woman late at night as bus friend pulled him away (he could barely walk): "You (the woman taking the photos) know she (me) is a _______"(few times). No one could understand what he was saying. He was loud but very drunk. Neither the woman nor I paid any attention and his friend pulled him away.

The woman I set next to at a bar and talked for a few minutes when I was leaving: "Are you on Instagram?" (as she opened the app on her phone). We talked a bit more and ended up exchanging phone numbers.

A group of four young people (two couples likely), all the way from Kentucky to Ontario, after talking to them for a bit, taking their photos and asking if they could take mine. One of the girls who I handed my phone to: "Aaaw, you want me to take your photos? (Holding the phone close to her heart) Absolutely!" As I took off my rain jacket (it was raining a little) and set the bag and the jacket in a corner and she prepared to take the photos, the other girl a standing a few steps behind her: "OMG! That girl (me)! I am going to picture her too!" One of the guys was really sweet and gentlemanly. We parted with hugs.

The guy at the hotel reception, "Would that be all Ms. Last name?" The girl at the same desk next morning: "I hope you have a good day Ms. last name after attending to my request."