Thread: Shopping : Yay! I did it!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Shopping : Yay! I did it!

All week I've been down, beating up on myself. And to top it all off I watched the sadest movie I'd ever seen (by a long shot) The Gwen Araujo Story.

So I have the cry of a lifetime and end up with a head full of ambition and I told myself like a 1000 times that life is what you make it. I loaded up the cd player with No Doubt (no kidding, my favorite band) and headed off on a trip to the mall in the big city.

Well, I'll say it now, I've just had a great day, and it sure feels good for a change! I'm just busting! Please forgive me if I ramble

I was pretty tense during the two and a half hour drive there. The one big thing I focused on was something that Steph (SilkenPrincess) said...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkenPrincess
    Force yourself to be reward motivated, rather that fear motivated.
    So I kept thinking there's no way I'm going home without my reward!

I got to the mall and it was 1pm, hot, about 90, the mall was packed but I feel better in numbers, it freaks me out when there's a bunch of sales assitants with nothing to do and they're all looking at ya! My goal was JC Penney's I had done a LOT of web browsing for three perfect dresses, just wanted one. I had written "Michelle's List" LOL a fake note with my three picks (thank god for that too!).

So there was Penney's, I saw a group of girls in front of the entrance, they all had their cell phones out and were making plans! LOL I'm such an amatuer! They were about college age, but for some reason they didn't bother me, one glanced at me and I smiled, she smiled back... it felt great not to be such an introvert like I've been lately. That kind of interaction was shutting me down last week.

Anyways (sorry again for the length of this, I don't want to miss a detail! ), I go in and first grab a pair of regular levis, need some new ones and they gave me a 'cover', so that I looked like a regular customer (silly, but, it got me thru) then I went browsing! OMG! went straight into the womens sections (it was so hot in there too), oblivious to everything but the clothes and all the little glances, I just kept my head up and smiled, half the time I was left hanging tho as they just looked away. That was rough. But I'm a guy by myself in the womens section, so I don't blame them.

So I'm wandering around for a good 10 minutes (felt like an hour) and I can't find ONE of my picks. I start to get discouraged and decide to pay for my jeans and try Macy's, but I have no picks for Macy's today... oooh! So I decide to try a sales assistant, didn't want to but I had no choice. I get to the counter and try to find a kind older looking looking lady. That didn't work, I ended up with this gorgeous young thing. She said "Is that all for you?" and I said Yes! and I felt my reward slipping away... something grabbed me (Michelle maybe )

Then I said, "No, wait, you know what, it's my girlfriends birthday tmrw and I'm last minute shopping for something, something I probably shouldn't even be attempting" I reached into my shirt pocket and took out the list, handed it to her.

She looks it over and off we go. And then this is something I'll never forget, she asks if I know my girlfriends size, and I say yes, a 12, and then she gets this funny look on her face and looks me up and down from head to toe and then she says "This might be easier if I could talk to her, do you have your cell phone?" OMG... LOL, was she trying to bust me??? Well I don't have a cell phone actually and told her so.

She heads right to my first pick, there's one left, and it's my size! (JOY) She says "So this is for your girlfriend huh, you should get some brownie points for this!" and she hands me my dress.

She wanted to know if I wanted to look for the others, but I was ready to go hehe

She goes on to tell me that this is a lot better than what her boyfriend got her for her birthday in June, which was nothing, and he still hasn't remembered. Typical guy, eh? She was really friendly at the end, even tho I KNOW she suspected something funny at first.

So I paid and hit the door flying! I'm still coming to grips with what I've done. I feel so good for a change... but very silly!! omg... silly is better than hating myself tho, I was getting real tired of 'life' passing me by.

Check it out! oh, that's not me BTW hehe

M
    Last edited by Michelle Ellis; 07-18-2007 at 03:33 PM.
    We are made of stars.