This may seem like the question posed in Marcie Sexton's thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=48100 but it is not, at least not to me. I am looking for the answer to something less real-world...

I realise that this may be a long lead-in to a question, but I feel I need to explain myself to get the point of what I am asking across. I have always presented myself enfemme in my adult life, ever since I was fifteen I have lived, and looked female to the world. I never gave what I was doing much thought, there seemed to be no words, examples, or definitions that fit my lifestyle, and so I didn't worry about it, and just dealt with the day-to-day problems and joys that came with living how I saw myself. I generally was, and am, happy. Over the last two decades however, I started to notice other people who were living, or trying to live with the feelings that drove me, and I became aware of the fact that I was not unique. There seemed to be so much confusion and pain, and complexity to these stories and people however, that I was not even sure that I could lump myself togeather with them. In time however, I realised that there were many like myself, but they had been waylaid into an unsatisfactory life by the pressures and expectations of their family and society. I am still wondering though, how many true variations on this theme are there? Do you modify your expectations to try to be 'realistic' about your life choices? Do you live a half-life to meet the expectations of loved ones? I wish to hear from people who can be introspective enough to cut through imposed expectations and tell how you feel in your gut, the real truth for you emotionally, not a rationalisation of your circumstances. So, the question;

If you could live enfemme all your life, and not have it affect your relationships or career, would you?

I am not putting anyone down for making any compromises in their life due to choices they must make to succeed in the ways that are important to them in life. I understand that sometimes the world requires sacrafice, and you deserve to be proud that you are sensitive and caring enough to make them for yourself and your loved ones, I am just wondering about this as an 'ideal' world sort of way, to see if we really are so different at the core of this thing, or not.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone answering this thread, and satisfying my curiosity.