Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not dressing up tonight ?

I was in a costume contest at a bar last Friday night (didn't win - or even come close) and my wife and I went to Halloween costume party last Saturday night. So, tonight I just stayed at home in drab and we watched "The Search for the Next Elvira" on Fox Reality Channel.
    Phoebe

Out of town working

Tonight's dressup time was taken up instead by trying to repair my wife's 6 year old desktop computer and I handed out treats in drab instead of being one of Cinderella's stepsisters dressed for the ball in my purple satin gown .

If I can't get it working tomorrow, I'll have to set up Jadeanne's 1 year old desktop computer so she can do her church work on it - at least she's a loving, supporting wife, so we'll share it until I eventually build another Jadeanne desktop.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Gotta work tonight so I can't dress up. I do plan to make up for it by dressing up in my wonder woman costume this weekend.

Just sat around after passing out candy. Listened (Well, I didn't really listen) to SO, who made cracks about me CDing. She reminds me at every opportunity that I "don't make a very pretty girl." Gawd, I totally regret spilling the beans about this little hobby. Boy, do I feel like an idiot! But I did pick up some new makeup at Macy's today, so I may just have to get dressed in the wee hours and torment a couple of 7-11 clerks pulling the night shift... It'll give'em something to talk about for sure.

I had planned to do something... Was considering going out after doing the neighborhood thing with the kid. However, I've been recovering from a bad cold for the last few days and I'm still not well. The wife ruined the mood and the kid was unmanagable and tired. So much for my fantasy plan of 'dressing up' for the wife as a way to start the conversation. I still might do this later in the week before halloween is too stale.

However, my wife and I did manage to go out last Friday. I was a female witch. She had fun and didn't say anything bad about my costume. She did sound a little surprised when I said I had hip padding...explained away as I needed something to hold up the skirt. My feet and thighs still hurt from dancing and twisting the night away which we have not done in years.

I didn't even plan to do it tonight. Went with the family trick-or-treating. My oldest son (13) went as a clown and scared all the little kids. My younger son and his best friend went as old ladies, they were a crack-up, they really got into the roll.

But on the way home from work, I stopped at a thrift store and got some cute clip-ons, I might have an hour tomorrow afternoon...

BF

I'm out of town and working late, too. I happen upon the kid's afternoon trick or treat in a nice neighborhood shopping district, and loved seeing all the little kids. Some of the teeners were hot, too, including three boys in dresses

I came back and slipped into something comfortable (and pretty) ; not a drinker, so never mind the bars...it's early to bed.

xoxo chrissie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I went trick or treating

But, just as "dad", with my daughter. Tried to help her eat what she collected, so she wouldn't get a tummy ache. Now, we both have one! And, my calves r still real sore from my 5 hour dressing orgy last Sunday, ( in 5" heels the whole time). Still have a number of outfits to put on for my Halloween photo shoot! Maybe tomorrow! Pass the Rollaids please.
    RS

www.myspace/robertsherry

Account is closed
    I love this holiday and not just because of the chance to go out in heels in public plus I am living in the ultimate city for it (Vegas).

Unfortunately, I just moved here a few months ago and do not know anyone. I also put on a lot of weight from a few years ago and am still working it off so I don't exactly feel pretty in a dress.

Next year however... to the nines!!!

Stayed at home finishing some Quotes for a client, worked on the computer on my sexy pijamas... I'll Get eaven on Saturday.

Lucy
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

Wife and I were at a MS seminar. Got a FREE steak dinner and a FREE $25 game card for Dave and Buster's.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    split firewood all day, too tired and sore to move, much less get "pretty", spent some quality time with the couch.
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

To tell you the truth, I just did"nt feel like it. I had no plans to go anywhere, and my SO is ok with my dressing around the apt anyway. Time to change my avatar, I guess!!!!

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    Wife and I were at a MS seminar. Got a FREE steak dinner and a FREE $25 game card for Dave and Buster's.
    Ohhhh Dave & Busters is great! One of the few places around that have a snooker table (at least they do here in S.A.). The place is like Chuck Up Cheeses on steroids isn't it? LOL

I went to a Halloween party on Saturday dressed up in a costume I bought from Hot Topic.

Yesterday my girlfriend and I went to NYC. I wore a rather effeminate woman's shirt but otherwise was dressed completely male. My girlfriend was wearing a skirt and as I looked down at it I regretted so much not taking the opprotunity to dress in normal female clothing - she would've been okay with it. Oh well, maybe next year or something.

I guess I am not a Halloween girl

I always feel like it is for my kids. Never been able to make it to any of the parties I've been invited to. Maybe some day. But I still do not know if I will dress as a girl. It would give me away I think.

I took the kids out trick or treating. It was nice. Met a lot of the neighbors I had not met before. The kids had a blast. I had too much chocolate.

Michelia

nikki_t.....wife is not into games, so she let me use the game card. They had this fighter plane sim, which has three large screens, in in front of you and two on the side, so you have 270 degree vision. Also the the whole thing was on a hydrolic table so it would move up, down, tilt up/down, and rotate 30 degrees to the right/left. Made you feel you were really flying.

Only took the kids trick or treating, which was fun.
    I had also hinted to my wife about going out later. But she responded "you go out dressed and your asking for trouble." So it was more like telling me "no" even though she inquired what my costume might be...as if. She thinks the world is so intolerant and hostile that even on our big holiday I'm likely to get assaulted for dressing. And she also thinks that we're too old (mid-40s) to go to parties. My going out for Halloween days are a fast-fading memory (won costume contest so long ago as Marylin Monroe

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    nikki_t.....wife is not into games, so she let me use the game card. They had this fighter plane sim, which has three large screens, in in front of you and two on the side, so you have 270 degree vision. Also the the whole thing was on a hydrolic table so it would move up, down, tilt up/down, and rotate 30 degrees to the right/left. Made you feel you were really flying.
    Sounds like a lot of fun JoAnn. I don't recall seeing that at the D&B near us - maybe I missed it. I'd probably get air sickness.

I was asked to go in late for a halloween party (for our handicapped clients). Didn't dress but the girls insisted so i ended up in a pink sheet, makeup and wig (some kind of ghost i suppose). so the evening ended not too bad after all!

Mitch

Banned Read only

I was working

I cuddled in lingerie when i got home

I took some girly clothes to work in case I decided later on to do it. Since I dressed last year and it was a big hit, I was kind of iffy this time.

But I did at lunch and while I loved it, the reaction from everybody else was lukewarm at best. Kind of like, "Meh, saw it last year." My wife even asked me if I was going to dress since she knows I like to anyhow.

This year, however, I just didn't get the rush I did last year. But in private? I still love it.

Sorry that you didn't get any support for dressing up, and not being able to walk in heels sounds like no fun at all. No matter how I have been dressed, giving out candy is something I really enjoy. Last year I wore a skirt at work, then changed into drab to give out candy as I was home alone. I had spent the previous weekend en femme with my special someone, so that was pretty special. This year I went all out, so maybe I should not be in this thread. Just wanted to say I hope your injury heals quickly, and you get back in heels soon.

Lauren

Kyoko
    I had to work,and i work in Iraq.They do not even do Halloween here.
    Maybe next year i will be in USA for it.