Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: pierced ears

I wear clip-ons, but if I was to pierce both ears, I'm pretty confident that not too many people would say anything. An old friend of mine had his other ear pierced for almost two months before I even noticed he did it, and he said that I was the first one to say anything to him.

not often

As said before most people don't notice, it took my daughter 3 days, or they are to polite to not ask questions, but there are those few who do ask and I ask them " does it bother you" and if they say yes I say good and smile.

cute_michelle_cd cute_michelle_cd's Avatar
    i have had my both ears pierced sence i was 18 andi have 3 in one ear. i had more but got infected and took them out and never got them again. now adays alot of people done even notice
    michelle

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    No-one really cares... Least not about me..
    aww i care about you . and so do our sisters

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanW View Post
    Anybody tried magnetic earrings? There are a whole lot of styles available, perhaps even more than clip-on these days!
    if i get magnets near my head i start sining oh Danny boy ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    I got both of my ears pierced about 8 years ago and initially told everyone that I lost a bet. It is coming up to football playoff time and it may be a good time for you to lose one yourself. I am in the public eye and my earings got a lot of attention. One semi-supervisor told me that now I couldn't say anything to my son when he wanted his ears pierced. He got one pierced a couple of years ago but not two. I changed jobs and no males at my new place of employment wear earings so I cool it at work but I do wear them publicly on week ends and several people have noticed that my ears are pierced but no one has given me any hassle about it. Oh by the way, I teach at the high school level and am also a coach. No one has said anything about my shaved legs either!

Some of my stash!

A couple of pics ... and what I normally wear in not quite so drab mode!

Ladies come up to me, smile and ask where I got them from. Occasionally some bloke gives me a dirty look ... Its his problem, not mine!
    Last edited by Andine; 03-13-2008 at 12:41 AM.

Celtic Woman in training SiobhanW's Avatar
    Well I've stepped back from the brink. I took a quick look at the other men in my office and only one has a single ear pierced. I think this is just too conservative a place for me to get away with it, and the monthly paycheck is too valuable for me to want to test the waters.
    It takes a real woman to handle this man, in a dress!
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "Let me guess....on your bedroom floor?"
    "No, ON ME!"

I went to Claries' back in 90 and had both ears done, just one on each side. Also bought three pair of dangly earrings and had no comments, accept the SA said that they would look good on me.
    When I got to work the girls loved the birthstone studs I picked out and really got no comments from the guys. I love earrings and probably have about a hundred pair. Half of them I made myself, usually from gold or silver.
    Striving for acceptance.

it would have been easier for me to have had my ears pierced at say 20 rather than 40 which i am as good as now - yeh when your in the closet got to think of a reason to tell your family - but what the hell sod em if i want em done i will do so - what about tatoos i'm sure theres bin a thread on this - more difficult i guess with anything thats more permanent ! and piercings and tatoos are more permanent than make up and clothes i do think !

not an issue

I got both done last month for my 50th birthday. It really wasn't a big deal at work (one guy asked if i lost a bet or got really drunk....i told him i wanted them done..nuff said). I'm starting to wear hoops and danglies now that they are healed and am giving my clip ons to my ex as she has never had hers done...shes a chicken and afraid it will hurt.....it doesn't.

Lois

Well, I might be back on again and WITH the support of my wife. She took our grand-daughter to Claire's yesterday (apparently is was very cute to see our grand-daughter thinking herself quite the grown-up with her new earrings). While she was there, my wife inquired about having her own ears done, since she never has before and laments the harder time finding nice clip-ons these days. She is on blood thinners for a heart condition but will be coming off them pretty soon for a colonoscopy, in case any polops need removing. She will be having her ears peirced when that opportunity presents.

So I cheekily said "Well if you're having your's done, I wanna get mine done too". To which she replied that it would be OK to do so.

In fact, she took the grandsons in tow yesterday too, because they needed new jeans from Penney's, and the younger boy (13) was quite interested in getting his done. He thinks it to be very rock 'n' roll. So it may be my wife, him, and me; all getting our ears done the same day!

Not sure what to do about work. Perhaps I'll get very, very tiny studs to wear the six weeks and then wear nothing if they are not well recevied.
    "I really love that dress on you. I can only think of one place where it might look better."
    "No, ON ME!"

Good question, how to explain. The only thing I can come up with is since I had my lower lip pierced, I could say that I had my ears pierced to see what it was like, first one then the other, but I didn't like the outcome. Still it doesn't sound too convincing

I've had both of mine pierced for almost 20 years. My left ear is done twice, the right once and I wear small hoops. Those I live with didnt need an explanation and the rest well..... 285lbs and 6 foot tall... explanation enough I suppose.

Shy...but bi-curious Sammy_34DD's Avatar

Smile non-pierced ears

I hope this is not too dumb a question...so here goes-are there rings available for non-pierced ears? and if so...where can I get some...I'm not sure if I want to go out and get them pierced...just yet.

Yes, clip-ons and magnetic. Finding nice ones can be hit or miss though.

My wife has a pair of pierced earing converters - basically a clip on with a barrel to insert the post from a pierced earring, but this does require you bend the post to a 90 degree angle and that will likely make it difficult to recover the earrings when she eventually gets her ears done (it would probably break).
    "No, ON ME!"

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Okay...at 56 I broke down and got mine pierced the 31st. Titanium studs. Only comment so far was the big boss where I work who when suddenly seeing the stud for the first time screamed "WHAT THE F**K DID YOU DO?!!!!" to which I replied "I have lived for others for 42 years and decided to start off 2008 doing something for me."

His only other remark was "Please tell me you got one in both ears."

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    His only other remark was "Please tell me you got one in both ears."
    LOL

Congratulations Emily Ann.
    DonnaT

i just pierced mine 2 days ago and found a good way to hide them was to wear a stud in backwards and not put the back on, i did it at work and no one said aything, but i more less said screw it not and tomorrow im going to get the upper part (helix) of both my ears done
    XO ~**Brandi**~ OX

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by xexoticx View Post
    i just pierced mine 2 days ago and found a good way to hide them was to wear a stud in backwards and not put the back on, i did it at work and no one said aything, but i more less said screw it not and tomorrow im going to get the upper part (helix) of both my ears done
    I just dont understand how the earring stays in without the back?

Aspiring Member
    i just went and got both my ears peirced ,$25,heck, be done with it. if you got both done they all think your a europeian rock star!!!!!

they stayed in just fine, its still in the healing process so might be cuz the holes and still tight , so might not work as well when they heal
    XO ~**Brandi**~ OX

never had any comment when i had my pierced ears,I am wanting get them redone. I miss them

Kymmie

Jessica J. Vega
    Quote Originally Posted by christina marie View Post
    does the cartilage piercing hurt? wife says it doesnt, but i wore a clip-on for a day and that was quite painful. having it done regardless,just wondering what to expect.
    It doesn't hurt much, just a little sting, if you use a piercing gun. i bought a studex piercing gun + studs on ebay for $80, it came with a bunch of studs, so I got carried out and now I have nine one each ear, all of them different colors, kind of a rainbow.
    My Pics >>>
    [SIZE="3"]www.flickr.com/photos/jessicavega[/SIZE]

I have had mine done for a while. 6 on one side including the top and 3 on the other side. Have only got good compliments about them early on. Now, no one seems to notice. Don't worry about what others think. Do it for yourself.

Got my magnetic earrings from Claires in the UK. Must admit they do start to hurt after a while and do leave little marks on the lobe so I make sure I take them off at least an hour before seeing the SO (doesn't know about my other side).