Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominant, Submissive or both?

Aspiring Member

Dominant, Submissive or both?

I would like to think that I am a liberated person and and in my lovemaking that my partner and I share equally in the experience but in my "too much testerone" years my "wham-bam-thank you mam" changed to helping her to be as satisfied or more satified than I was. In each of these encounters, I felt that I was in charge or the dominant participant not partner.

Now, as Annie, I want my wife to be in charge more and I want to more submissive. Is that my perception of being female. Is that the way that I perceived making love as a result of my growing up in the "War Baby era"?

Here is the $50 question: When you make love to your significant other, are you more dominant, more submissive or do you each take on equal roles and is this a perception that you have in your male sexual role?

Annie

Pretty much equal roles here. But mostly I will take it any way I can get it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Equal roles. Not that I would mind her taking more agressive one once in a while
    DonnaT

I prefer equal myself. It's a team effort I figure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For the most part, while as Michelle, it is definetly submissive. There are times, when I am completely dominant, but very seldom as Michelle.

Of course,that is just our lifestyle, and we like the kinky stuff.
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle Anise[/SIZE]

Sissy Maid of MsJanGG

www.flickr.com/jansplaytoy

Hi I'm very submissive in any role Just use me lol.

I have always been submissive, regardless of what gender role I am in. But I could see myself being dominant if I was with a particularly submissive person, Especially as Melissa. But my preffered role is submissive. I don't think this has alot to do with "normal" male/female roles, as I am probably even more submissive as a guy.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

Just wish I could we are both to old, but in our younger days my wife took charge and just LOVED to tie me up and have her way

Wink

Hi Girls, I will have to say we or I am all three. Most of our lovins is on an equal level no matter how I'm dressed, but we do swap up. We are very into bondage, and take turns as to who is the dom. I have to admit I would keep the role of sub if she wanted me too! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Wink Great question...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    ... the $50 question: When you make love to your significant other, are you more dominant, more submissive or do you each take on equal roles and is this a perception that you have in your male sexual role?
    Annie
    I am seventy three now, and have some perspective on the role changing that has happened in my lifetime. There was the exciting ramp up as my social abilities allowed me to have more action - then the wonderfully long plateau of maturity - and this period, when any action I might be privileged to received is indeed a godsend! Crossdressing, tho I love it greatly, is less of a factor - much less, than the notions of dominance and submission.

For most of my Testosterone years, I believed that I was the Dominant. And I acted like that - at least in my love making anyway - taking responsibility for "her" pleasure. My pleasure? That somehow was never a question - I was just doing what I was "supposed to do", IE. creating the mood, providing the repertoire, and "doing" the action. All of that wasn't too bad, as that was what I believed most everyone expected. That was the "traditional male sexual role" in those old days. Well - as it was described in "Playboy" magazine, anyway. (Where else was I supposed to find out about sex?)

As I progressed through life, and enjoyed new female sexual partners, my perspective slowly changed with the result that "she" could become more active in the collaboration of allowing our pleasures to surface. Yes, things were better....

Ah, then it happened! Somewhere in my forties, I became brave enough to let my BDSM dominant self to become part of my relationships. I was very pleased to be the dominant at the parties we attended and in public... but was able to exchange roles and allow "her" to become dominant in our bedroom. This often resulted in an emergence of a new source of pleasure for my ladies - not all of them, but most. GG's seem to have a capability to switch roles quite easily, when given the opportunity and freedom to do so. And, there is absolutely nothing like partnering in the emergence those kinds of unbridled orgasmic happenings. It is one of life's great joys!

Of course my notions of Dominance and Submission are just a bit more strongly flavored than what most might enjoy, but then, what's a little whipping and bondage between friends?

Rickie
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

Hmmm, whats dominant?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Way back when....I used to switch back and forth between being dominant and submissive.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    I would like to think that I am a liberated person and and in my lovemaking that my partner and I share equally in the experience but in my "too much testerone" years my "wham-bam-thank you mam" changed to helping her to be as satisfied or more satified than I was. In each of these encounters, I felt that I was in charge or the dominant participant not partner.

Now, as Annie, I want my wife to be in charge more and I want to more submissive. Is that my perception of being female. Is that the way that I perceived making love as a result of my growing up in the "War Baby era"?

Here is the $50 question: When you make love to your significant other, are you more dominant, more submissive or do you each take on equal roles and is this a perception that you have in your male sexual role?

Annie
    in My male persona it is straight vanilla style---with some special techniques I like to do thrown in but no D/S or B/D. When I'm in femme, which is most of the time that I make love I'm completely Dominant---as a matter of fact unlike most CDs I equate being en femme with being Dominant
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What does Sherry want?

I guess I'm sort of like an old Harly. If a lady will kick start me, I'll take her where both of us want to go!
    Never been concerned about what Sherry does or doesn't want. All I know is she's real good at the "kick starting" part!
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Is taking charge of the love making a result of our age? I am 60 and grew up with macho leading men in the movies, lots of westerns (John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Steve McQueen, James Garner, et al) to be my male role models and of course Playboy magazines to provide my sexual role advice. I took the advice but wanted to look like the women in the pictures.

Today, our leading men are less macho and more metrosexual and I think that is going in the right direction in my being less dominant.

And YES! I like to be completely in bondage too!!

Annie D

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i know for myself i always made sure she was "happy" by the time we were done,, i know, call me crazy

I am always the submissive passive bottom in all of my realtionships. I have never been the domme one in a realtionship before. Thank goodness there are men out there that prefer a girl to be passive and submissive!!

kisses
    sissy dana
    She was the only man he ever loved.

I like to let her take charge in the bedroom and to decide what we do and how we do it. she is a naturally dominant school ma'am. it helps us to balance our unequal sex drives - i am more active than she so she decides when to grant favours and when to withhold them. it makes me more attentive to her needs during the est of our lives as well

mitch

Well, as a matter of fact, I've been rather submissive for a vey long time, even when being in a relation as a male...

But submissive for me doesn't mean that I'm looking for being dominated or passive. For me, it means more being fully dedicated to the sexual pleasure of my partner. And in turn that is a source of great satisfaction for me, even if not a sexual one.

Eugenie

As a man, I'm a switch. I like being dominant sometimes, and I like being submissive others. When dressed, always submissive.

Aspiring Member
    For those of you who are submissive, do you think that being feminine is being the non-aggressor? Are we stereotyping ourselves as "the little woman"? Personally, I must confess that that is part of what I am and how I want to be treated when enfemme.

Annie

I have always been the submissive one. I prefer the bottom and to let her have her fun. In fact, most of the time she has to jump me when she can just to get any

I prefer to be led and unfortunately most of the time so does she.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenie View Post

But submissive for me doesn't mean that I'm looking for being dominated or passive. For me, it means more being fully dedicated to the sexual pleasure of my partner. And in turn that is a source of great satisfaction for me, even if not a sexual one.

Eugenie
    I believe you've hit the nail on the head. I've never made love crossdressed and have no desire to do so, but the "femme" inclinations seem to make me more empathic to my SO's needs....or so I'm told.

A Different view

I dislike the terms sub dom they color the experience to much. Besides any one who understands sub dom know its the sub who is in control. Have you ever tired giving up on out comes and just being in HER space and fallowing. Lettting go and just being content with what ever happens. Experiencing her in a differnt context.