Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are we as CDs targets for harm?

Quote Originally Posted by amber 07 View Post
    This is not to flame anyone in particular, just to make it known that there is a huge difference between what we believe in the U.S. and what they believe in the U.K., Australia included. It is one reason we are called Citizens in America, and you are called subjects of the Queen.
    You just flamed the whole of the UK, we aren't subjects of ANYONE... I find this completely offensive...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    You just flamed the whole of the UK, we aren't subjects of ANYONE... I find this completely offensive...

Exept me; gawd bless'em they do a won'ful job guvnor [tips hat]. If twernt for them, and the sound of leather on willow, wher'd we be? I tells yer where 'ud be, In the bloody EU now don't get me wrong....

Men in white coats arrive just in time.

I don't know, although not enfemme, I've been beaten have to death before. I have a fairly jagged chunk of my left eye socket chipped of from my face literally being stomped. Had a couple ribs broken and jaw too on the same beating.

Point is once you've ever been beaten that bad, you never look at people optimistically again. Nor do you feel it's likely authorities will protect you. Man is a savage animal in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia KT View Post
    wher'd we be? I tells yer where 'ud be, In the bloody EU now don't get me wrong....
    Er Sophia..We are..
    Brown sold us out, didn,t you see it.
    He signed us up without the promised referendum

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Fitzgerald View Post
    I don't know, although not enfemme, I've been beaten have to death before. I have a fairly jagged chunk of my left eye socket chipped of from my face literally being stomped. Had a couple ribs broken and jaw too on the same beating.

Point is once you've ever been beaten that bad, you never look at people optimistically again. Nor do you feel it's likely authorities will protect you. Man is a savage animal in general.
    This is true, and I had a few beatings in my time [even coppers once if I remember rightly]. Yesterday I was thinking that we tvs are a little self absorbed about this: most people spend pretty well every waking hour being objectionable in one way or other, we just give them something to aim at.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Er Sophia..We are..
    Brown sold us out, didn,t you see it.
    He signed us up without the promised referendum
    Debs,

Oh yea! Forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerTerri View Post
    If you dont wanna carry a gun, more power to you. I have had my CCW permit for 3 years and havent carried my pistol once. I also dont enter areas or establishments where its likely for me to need one. Your eyes and brain are far better weapons than a gun. If someone is hanging around the atm, DONT STOP THERE. If someone is following you, cross the street, and enter a public building.

Now, can we stop breaking the forum rules about the politics and go back to the original question?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Just remember That if you do use the gun, you will be going to jail until they figure out if you were right in using it. You will not go home, but straight to jail. So, you may want to think about that before using it or even showing it. If you show it someone may turn you in for having it and you still will end up in jail. It does not matter if you have a permit or not to carry. You cannot threaten to use it, or use it without consequences. If you ever get pulled over and the cops do a spot check and find a gun, you may have a time explaining why you have it in your car or on you or in your purse. I myself do not carry, but do plan on getting my permit someday to do so. Will I carry when dressed, I cannot say at this time.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Learn self defence...
    Imagine the embarressment for the guy...Beaten up by a crossdresser
    Especially in front of other people!!!!

The lowest level of black belt takes 3 years of
    intense study, and the 8-12 levels in black
    belt take more years.

(Shaolin Kung Fu)

A gun is quicker.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Well Tamara, maybe you should ask your government what THEY perceive you to be.
    "in varietate concordia"

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    We are definately targets for harm.
    The statistics are clear.
    The gun debate should be sidelined to a large extent. It's not a legal option in many countries and it's not a simple one where it is an option, especially if you don't manage to get witnesses on your side.

How do GGs, more a target than men, less than us but arguably much more aware of their vulnerability, handle this situation?

Some basic self defense (better than nothing but don't rely on it. I've done my share of martial arts, none is perfect) isn't a bad idea.

Here's there main one as I recently mentioned in this other thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=82407 don't go anywhere after dark without at least one companion.

Sure it means you have to be a little more out than otherwise but at least you get a 'girls' night out. Sure it might make hooking up a bit more difficult. Still how many TG deaths were with a bunch of friends they are out to? Not so many. Basic pack/herd tactics, nature's been using them for millions of years for a reason! There is safety in numbers!

That I think is a more reliable defence than some karate or where legal mace tasers or a handgun. (While illegal in Australia I did find cute the pink and leopard print tasers recently released).

Do a basic self defence course (keys make good knuckle-dusters when poking between fingers of a clenched fist for example), carry a personal alarm, stick close to your friends, don't go out after dark alone.

And don't rely on not being dressed! The CD from australian Idol Courtney Act was assaulted in drab! A lot of us are effeminate enough to be classed as gay by some homophobes (and of course plenty of us are gay or bi just like everyone else).

I have carried in the past but no while dressed. I had to carry large sums of money to do the company bank run and it was in a bad section of Detroit.

Maybe a small automatic in a garter holster. LOL

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Here in Illinois, you can't legaly carry a concealed weapon, yet there are tons of TG people out and about, haven't heard of any except those involved in illicit activites getting hurt in recent years (used to be bad in most places not too many years ago), with possibly one or two exceptions. I've had a change of heart on this subject in recent times, and I now feel that we really don't need a gun while out and about any more than the average person does. Use your head and you should be just fine. If you're foolish when going out, dressed or not, you can still get hurt for being in the wrong place.

I'm familiar with what happens when people can carry guns with little restraint, my brother had someone pull and point their gun at him in Arizona (where gun laws are very lax) several years ago because this person thought my brother had deliberately taken a parking space that this other person wanted. They got their parking space that they wanted, but they should have ended up parked in prison as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, I am for gun ownership, just don't think that carrying a concealed weapon is a good idea for the average person. And yes, I do have legal guns in my home, and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool liberal. Defense of home is a different matter.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 05-13-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    My name is Carol.

Silver Member
    I think there should be a mandatory intelligence test as a prerequisite to buying a gun. That might eliminate 99% of the population from getting one.

Sheesh![/QUOTE]
    Emily you are entitled to voice your opinion on this subject but to make a comment such as this one is rude and inconsiderate. You have insulted every gun owner and every potential gun owner on this site. You most certainly are a person who needs to learn some manners and how to express yourself in a way that is not offensive to others. You owe everyone on this site an apology for making such an insulting remark. I am in disbelief that the moderators of this forum have not deleted your totally inappropriate statement. I expect to see that apology from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    belt take more years.

(Shaolin Kung Fu)

A gun is quicker.
    Ok..You win..I,ll get a gun

Thank you Susan, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    "in varietate concordia"

Banned Read only
    CDSusan,

I find it equally offensive for being accused as a "person who needs to learn some manners and how to express yourself in a way that is not offensive to others".

As Eminem once sang: "I find you offensive for finding me offensive."

I was just stating an opinion, strong as it may be, and if you read carefully I don't suggest anywhere that people should not be allowed to carry guns.

No we are not targets. Just need a hell of a sense of humour
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Silver Member
    Emily, if you were not implying that 99% of the population is not intelligent enough to own a gun then what were you trying to say? I certainly took it as an insult and I am sure others did as well

Banned Read only
    Susan,

I'm hoping that most will have read it as an opinion with a touch of wry humour.

Ok..You win..I,ll get a gun
    Remember,it's double tap in the chest and 1 in the head.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JennyRotten View Post
    Remember,it's double tap in the chest and 1 in the head.
    Of course...But just one in the kneecap if it,s only a warning

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    I think there should be a mandatory intelligence test as a prerequisite to buying a gun. That might eliminate 99% of the population from getting one.

Sheesh!
    I'm not offended Emily. I'm sure I'm in the 1% that is intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Here in Illinois, you can't legaly carry a concealed weapon, yet there are tons of TG people out and about, haven't heard of any except those involved in illicit activites getting hurt in recent years (used to be bad in most places not too many years ago), with possibly one or two exceptions. I've had a change of heart on this subject in recent times, and I now feel that we really don't need a gun while out and about any more than the average person does. Use your head and you should be just fine. If you're foolish when going out, dressed or not, you can still get hurt for being in the wrong place.

I'm familiar with what happens when people can carry guns with little restraint, my brother had someone pull and point their gun at him in Arizona (where gun laws are very lax) several years ago because this person thought my brother had deliberately taken a parking space that this other person wanted. They got their parking space that they wanted, but they should have ended up parked in prison as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, I am for gun ownership, just don't think that carrying a concealed weapon is a good idea for the average person. And yes, I do have legal guns in my home, and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool liberal. Defense of home is a different matter.

Carol

I live in Illinois too, and if I go out Crossdressing, it's either for Halloween, or the Gay Pride Parade, can't really do that on the West Side where I live, you'll definitely be beaten to a pulp.

Of course...But just one in the kneecap if it,s only a warning
    o0o I love your style!
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    belt take more years.

(Shaolin Kung Fu)

A gun is quicker.
    You are forgetting victimology though; if you walk around looking like a prey you will become it.

It really doesn't take Bruce Lee to unsettle most people; so a little can go a long way. Miyamoto Mushashi said something like, 'many schools practice all kinds of strokes [of swordfighting] but you kill with only one'.