Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GUILT: other peoples' clothes

Aspiring Member

GUILT: other peoples' clothes

I started wearing my sister's petticoat, then mom's slips and pettipants. Later, I wore my first, then second wives' slips, panties, nightgowns, pantyhose, dresses, and even squeezed into their dresses when they were away. I know I didn't have the opportunity to have my own fem clothes when I was 4 or 5, but I feel guilty having worn other peoples' clothes without permission, and downright weird for wearing mom's and sister's underwear. Now I make it a point never to wear wife's clothes.
    Anyone else?

As a child and still experimenting options are limited.

But yes as an adult you should feel guilty. clothes, especially ,under things can be very personal.
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

Master of My Domain Notbychoice's Avatar
    Weird? No. Jealous? Yes

When I first started dressing there was no other choice but to wear other peoples clothes And now my wife and I swap thing but not undies.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    True, I didn't have much choice when I was little. I don't remember my sister ever dressing me up, but one time my older brother spoke pointedly about the effects on boys of being dressed up when young. He was refering to an in-law of his, but I thought he might have had been implying more than he said.

yes, i do feel guilt over wearing my sisters clothing, as i grew up. BUt i also have had the tables turned on me, and thats how i figured out my guilt. ABout a year ago......i was living at the motel, where i was employed (Basically, working for my room) and it was a good arrangement. anyways, we were a loosly run motel, and well on a day i was out, one housekeeper had opened my room up, and found one of 2 of my bras. (and she took them). ASND HERE I WAS, IN THE CLOSET, AND I COULDNT TELL anyone!!!! or they too would know.

yet, i suddenly realized what i felt w/ my clothes disappearing, my sister must have felt the saME. i guess what goesa around, comes around

I feel guilt a lot some of my clothes used to belong to my girlfriend who died it probally sounds weird to still have them(really weird after 12 years) but I don't wear them anymore we both did when she was here but I loved her with all I had and can't bring myself to get rid of them. So the guilt goes on.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

Silver Member
    I think that the vast majority of us started out dressing by wearing our moms or sisters clothes. When you start doing this as a child there is no other option. I do not feel guilty about it at all. That is just the way it was for me and was the start of a lifetime of being a cd.

I started by borrowing my sisters clothes, & if I had a chance would try on things belonging to female relatives. I suppose there's a little bit of guilt at the back of my mind, but there really wasn't a choice, I couldn't stop myself from doing it, & I was too young to buy things then. I started buying my own female things at 16, when I started working, & eventually stopped borrowing when I had enough of my own. My wife was very understanding & helpful when we got married & has bought lots of girly things for me, so I have never had to borrow anything of hers. If she buys herself something new & I like it she will always let me try it on, & will usually ask if I would like one too. So I don't have any guilt about trying her things, as I always ask first.

Go out and buy your own. Don't be scared, ENJOY
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I only feel guilty about the items that I "aquired" when I was younger (teens).
    A teen or even a preteen going and buying a slip or panties......was not going to happen. So alternative collecting was required.

When I was 14 my father and stepmother discovered my Aladdins' cave under my bed during the middle of the week. On the Sunday, the day after they sat me down and... interrogated me, my stepmum found out that I had flogged some of her lingerie as well. The next few months were more than awkward for everyone.

Banned Read only
    I'm sure there are plenty of CD's on this very forum who are still borrowing their wive's/SO's clothes without their permission. I know I would have been if I had subscribed to this group eight years ago.

It's not an easy thing to accept oneself as a crossdresser, and having been there, I can well understand those who are so deeply in the closet that they don't have the courage to go out an buy their own stuff, are afraid of what the reactions at the store might be, are afraid of their "stash" being found by the wife etc. etc.

I'm not condoning the practice. I'm simply saying that for some crossdressers it seems to be the only way to manage their situation, and I can understand that. It took me many years to realize that I would never be able to give up, and finally decided that I would have to do something else (i.e. tell the wife that I was a CD...), all the while feeling very guilty about "borrowing" her clothes.

We should to encourage CD's to step up and take their responsibilities, but also be able to understand where they are coming from...

Smile

Had no sisters so moms clothes were all that i could borrow

Guilty as charged.......But really what would the reaction have been, had I had a stash and it was found. Years latter the guilt and fear is in the past. Half my closet is girlie things.

I agree with what susan said. I don't really have any guilt about it. It is what it is. And after all, it's just clothing. Every now and again, I still borrow an item or two from my wife. It doesn't diminish my feelings for her one bit. She borrows my things as well. I'm very careful whenever I borrow anything from anybody, be it tools from a friend, or articles of clothing from my wife. I mostly wear all my own stuff, but I'm not going to go on some guilt trip if I borrow a slip every once in a while.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I wouldn't be surprised to find that almost all of us start with 'borrowed' clothes. Between access to your own things, and guilt about what you are doing it a difficult time.

Once you get a bit older, have a better living situation (with your own closet, instead of having hiding places under the bed, etc) and have more self confidence you can start acquiring things for yourself in ways that don't involve 'borrowing'.

Now there is no guilt left, because EVERYTHING I own I bought with my own money, either over the counter or by mail order. They are not "girl's clothes", they are MY clothes.

Just think of the borrowing as a stage we all go through. It is almost forced upon us until we gain enough self-confidence to move beyond it.
    Last edited by Cristi; 05-24-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I never really felt guilt because I've never really been a fan of undergarments, for me it was always the look that gave me a rush and not the feel of anything. I think there is a huge difference between trying on a dress or undergarments. I think trying on clothing is not so taboo but trying on undergarments of someone elses is going to far.

Like many of you the only clothes I had access to was my mother's. After I married I would borrow some of my wife's after she had gained some weight. I have absolutely no guilt about borrowing from either.
    Vivian

I used to take my sister's things -- you name it, I wore it -- and I collected quite a sizable wardrobe over the course of a couple years. I apologized to her years later for my thievery, but she said that she never knew! Gads....
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I don't feel any guilt about wearing mother's and sisters clothing when I was just starting this journey that still has a way to go. But now I would never wear another's clothing except if we were sharing the experience of trying on each other's dresses. I have only had that opportunity once. Darn.

Vieja

Here's another angle.

Since buying my own stuff and indulging my fantasies .....It just isn't the same heart attack oh god finger trembling feeling faint experience it used to be.

me 2 GUILTY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ADELLE

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    My SO and I share our wardrobe and we think that it's pretty cool!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by susan1974 View Post
    I started wearing my sister's petticoat, then mom's slips and pettipants. Later, I wore my first, then second wives' slips, panties, nightgowns, pantyhose, dresses, and even squeezed into their dresses when they were away. I know I didn't have the opportunity to have my own fem clothes when I was 4 or 5, but I feel guilty having worn other peoples' clothes without permission, and downright weird for wearing mom's and sister's underwear. Now I make it a point never to wear wife's clothes.
    Anyone else?
    I agree, especially when you see them in the dress you had on. I felt like this when I was a home with sisters and mother things.