Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Are you a crossdresser?"

I have never been asked but if your trying things on its a bit obvious
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I've only ever really been out one time, and no one asked. But since I was with a group that included some rather obviously transgendered people, I think it was a rather obvious assumption that I was a crossdresser. I like to think I was a rather pretty one, with nice makeup and a very tasteful dress, but I really don't think I fooled anyone.

If anyone had asked, I would probably have told them, "Why, yes, I am. You couldn't tell?"

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I don't remember who said it but the response I like is, "I'm a gender illusionist."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ruff Ruff !

If she were pretty I'd lick her face. If she were ugly I'd bite her on the ankle........

On a serious note no. But I'd engage them in conversation if they were that interested. My first question for her would be, "Why You Looking For A Date ?" That would put that ball in her court in a hurry. My advice. Always have an answer ready, if your gonna shop in enemy territory.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Not likely!

No one's ever asked, and it's not likely they ever will. If I ever told anyone I was a CD, they probably wouldn't believe me.

Quite honestly, I doubt whether anyone here would guess I CD, if u saw me in real life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do what anyone would do.

About 4 months ago I was in a wig shop in Bridgeport Conn I had picked out a new wig and told the SA this is the one i want
    she looks at me and said hey you're with that movie crew arn't you that's shooting up the street
    I said no hun the wig is for me i said I'm a crossdresser
    her eyes opened wide
    I have a feeling I was her first but it was cool ....lacie

Silver Member
    No one has ever asked me that question either. If I am ever asked I will politely answer yes I am. You never know what that could lead to, maybe something good would come from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    Every now and then, a woman will ask me, "Are you a crossdresser?"

And I always deny it. "No," I say, with a look of incredulity on my face,"Why ever would you think that?" Thinking then, What? Haven't you ever seen a man in a skirt and high heels before?

"Then why," she might ask, "are you wearing women's clothes?"
    Did you think to asked her: "Then why are you and over 90% of American women wearing jeans and shirts, which are MEN'S CLOTHES? Are you a cross dresser?"

That works also.

Aspiring Member
    I have not been asked if I was a crossdresser , but one day when on Vacation in March, I did have the girl on the desk at a campground I was staying at, ask about the relation of Denise to the male name on my CC,

I told her that I was a transgendered person, who was in the process of sarting to life femme full time.

We had a very nice conversation, and I explained some things to her. A couple of days later , was chatting with her again.
    She told me that she was very pleased that we had the discussion, as the evening before there was a documentary on the television about transgendered people, and with me chatting with her about it a couple of days earlier, she had a much better underdanding.

Any time we can educate some one, it is a big step in the right direction

Denise

Great post.......I always think of that old movie starman what the guy said towards the end of the movie. My response is .....As much as I hate to stoop to symbolism, yes I'am................hehe....I love that line...........

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

I wish they would ask

I don't get out often, and have never been asked directly. Instead, I've had someone take a good look at me and then do the sideways look and try to ignore me or suddenly change their attitude and refer to me as "sir". I wish they would ask because it would create an opportunity to do a bit of attitude adjustment.

I have been kidded with several times in the past buying makeup at drug stores or nails for that matter. One clerk responded with " You are going to have a fun time with all that makeup tonight!" My response is " Hell Yeah I Am!!! She was stunned and started laughing not at me but with me. She mentioned that she asked many men purchasing fem things in the past but I was the very first manly man to fess up. I mentioned I was going to get all girled up and go dancing tonight. Again more shock more laughing. While I was leaving 2 young hispanic girls "Said make sure your heels are tight while dancing or you will get blistes.

I really dont care what others think as long as they are strangers. People I know thats a different story. If I have not told them yet I really perfer they dont know.

Hugz,

Petra
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It has never been asked while dressed It has happened kind of when buying clothing in boy mode. I usually say it is for me and I am a cross dresser I love the look and response I get from the one questioning.
    Maybe it is obvious when I am dressed that I am a CD or maybe not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Like others, I'm never actually been asked that question (yet) but if I did get asked it, I think my response would depend on how I perceived the questioner. i.e. if I thought they were just being curious or interested I think I would answer honestly and say "yes". However, if they were asking in what I thought was an alarmed or hostile way I would probably answer with "why do you want to know?".
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    This reminds me of two situations on my life.

Way back a long time ago -- 1977, I was a disk jockey while in college. I was living at home at the time, and things were, shall we say, difficult there. I had gone to the station to do my Sunday afternoon show. Because I was under threat, once again, of being discovered at home, I purged and tossed some stuff in the dumpster. I don't rememebr if there were any clothes, but I do know that there were some magazines like Female Mimics International. Anyway, I alone at the station, and this woman who sold ads for us came in for some reason. After she got some papers, she came into the studio and asked me point blank, 'are you a crossdresser'. Of course, I answered ..... 'NO!' ..... in a very stuttering voice. I was no doubt as white as a sheet, and I recall that my hands went clammy. I thik I may have asked her why she asked, but past that, I can say that I denied everything, and that was the end of that.

Fast forward to 1996. I was married to the wicked witch of the west spelled with a b. She didn't know, and I was going crazy inside feeling like the girl within was in a prison. I began buying androgynous panties (hmmm -- wouldn't that be a great name for a band .. Now on our stage -- the Androgynous Panties!), and would cut the female size and brand tags out of them, and sew in tags from men's underwear. One day, after laundry, I was asked the dead stop question, 'Do you wear women's underwear?' Rewind to 1977 for the answers.

Did I answer correctly? I'd say for the times and places, yes. Would I answer differently today, probably. But then, who knows

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 08-03-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I wish that anyone in school or college did an anonymous survey (i.e. no one has to put their names down).

That would give the proportion of one particular class how many are crossdressers.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    I wish that anyone in school or college did an anonymous survey (i.e. no one has to put their names down).
    That would give the proportion of one particular class how many are crossdressers.
    I am always thinking the same thing at work ... looking for clues .. because I know that I can be the only one out of 27,000 employees!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    Well nobody's ever asked 'cos I've only been out shopping while dressed once. People at the shoe store, and the makeup counter were very polite, but I could tell they could tell. I think they were as much amused as any thing else.

Sounds similar to my two only out-and-dressed experiences. I was pretty sure they could tell, but not overly concerned. I actually wanted to ask them if they could tell and ask how I looked, but couldn't get up the nerve. I must admit I was much more comfortable in the women's shops where there were no men, vs. the shoe store and KMart where there were men too. Women just seemed nicer ... and softer & better looking!

Denise

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    When someone asks me if the womens clothing I am buying are for me I say "of coarse they are"

Such a "rough" response from a sweet lady. I see you like to get down to the grit of the situation. (sorry, I couldn' thelp myself!)

I am confused by the initial question. How exactly were you presenting when questioned? It sounds like you were already dressed female (to some degree) If so, the question does not seem unreasonable. At least they asked. They could have just made some rude comment about the possibility.

Regardless, it seems the point of your frustration is lost by simply saying no. You have an opportunity to educate someone and help change the stereotype you dislike so much. You could either explain what you really are like or ask what the other person thinks a CDer is and correct their mistake. In the latter option you both may learn something. We often assume what the general public thinks but how much do we really know?

Gen

I've never been asked this question before though I have shopped for womens clothing for several years. I would imagine many people, especially women could care less.

If I were asked this question I would prefer to be asked by a girl or woman.

I would have more of a difficult time if a guy asked me this.

If a woman or girl asked me I would answer truthfully that certainly I am and I love to wear pretty clothes.

If a guy asked me I would say absolutely not!

emmi

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Llyan View Post
    "Then why are you and over 90% of American women wearing jeans and shirts, which are MEN'S CLOTHES?
    oooh! errr!.......Do you really wish to open that can of worms??

As for me.....a sale's assistant asked me if the nice dress she was ringing up was for me (I was in drab) and I just said "Yes it is!" and smiled

and then recently (my first public out in a skirt day!! yipee!) a guy admired my skirt and then asked if I was a transvestite............
    (well I'm a dressed {vested} transsomethingorother for sure!)
    Last edited by Ann D Bluebird; 08-09-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    When someone asks me if the womens clothing I am buying are for me I say "of coarse they are" and smile..... and especially since they saw me coming out of the dressing room with an arm full of dresses.... Most could care less... and I always get compliments on my selections of clothing..... plus it's relly fun to see their reaction.... lol
    To have your attitude Karren. An inspiration to all of us here.
    Jolene

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I've never been asked this question before though I have shopped for womens clothing for several years. I would imagine many people, especially women could care less.

If I were asked this question I would prefer to be asked by a girl or woman.

I would have more of a difficult time if a guy asked me this.

If a woman or girl asked me I would answer truthfully that certainly I am and I love to wear pretty clothes.

If a guy asked me I would say absolutely not!

emmi
    I would go with this one as well.
    Jolene
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-10-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: use multi quote button

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    Emmi, you say "especially women could care less" and by my observations, I would have to occasionally disagree. Where ever I go shopping, there seems to be a cashier trying to be cute by asking if the clothes are mine.

A few months ago, I was in my male mode and took some of my guy shirts into a shop for alterations. I also brought a skirt with a broken zipper and to see if it could be repaired. The lady behind the counter tested by reaction by asking, "I suppose this skirt must be yours too?"

I soberly replied, "Of course it is and when can have the work done?" She laughed like I was pulling her leg but suddenly the rest of the shop fell deafly quiet. Two ladies from the back came circling toward me like vultures. I was a spectacle because a bona fide Martian had just walked into their store.

The ladies from the back looked as if they would explode if neither could say anything. Finally one of them blurted, "The color of this shirt really matches the color of your eyes." I could tell they were dying to find out more about me and the skirt but they held back.

To make a long story short, I came back to pick up my clothes a few days later. Once again, the shop fell silent when I walked into the store and all three ladies came to the front. To be honest, I have never seen such attentive customer service before. Nothing much was said about the shirts. However, they went into great detail about fixing the skirt and hoped that it would meet my approval. Once again, I could tell they wanted to dying to ask more but didn't. It looks like I will never have a problem getting my girl things altered when needed.

Have too much fun.

Babette

No woman has ever asked me that. And I would bet that it will never happen. No real female feature show when I am not in a dress. But if one were to ask me. I would gentle put my arm around her shoulder, give her a wink and say with a grin. Would it turn you on if I was? There put the ball right back in her court.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"