Thread: MSNBC last night - Crossdressing Story

Lost in herself....

MSNBC last night - Crossdressing Story

Anyone else see the story on crossdressing MSNBC ran around 10pm EST last night? Very interesting stuff. I was amazed at how classy most of the crossdressers were as they talked about that part of themselves.

I was a bit envious of those that had found small groups to go out with just to shop or have a drink. I felt somewhat inspired. The public really does need to be educated about us but I fear mainstream acceptance won't come in our lifetime.

One group made arrangements with a local boutique that would open after hours so girls like ourselves could shop in peace and comfort. Anyone else have similar experiences?
    ----------------
    ~ Tenet nosce ~
    ----------------

StephanieCD
    MSNBC? Was is a big piece? I would have loved to... damn.

Lost in herself....
    I saw about 35 minutes of it. It was either a full hour or hour and a half. Lots of interviews with long time cd'ers. They even interviewed a guy who runs a cd'ing magazine and for the life of me I can't recall the name! Hopefully they'll rerun it.
    ----------------
    ~ Tenet nosce ~
    ----------------

Rats! Missed it. I would like to see it if it re=runs. wenda.

I watched the show, and was very impressed with the coverage, It was very interesting, there is getting to be more and more tg friendly places for us to go.
    Oh Mira the name of the magizine is LADY LIKE, You can go to cds bookstand and order it if you like.
    Love
    forever in lace

Hollymarie43
    I'm sorry I missed it. I make it a point to try to catch stories l ike that. If I miss them my Mother points them out. I'm new to the chat room and don't mean to brag but I live in a small town 25 miles SE of Indianapolis and am able to go about town without any hassles. Which really surprises me; so if any of you need any advice don't hesitate to email me as I've out in public for several years now. Email at (shehattonjr@yahoo.com).

StephanieCD
    Welcome Holly Sounds like we could use you 'round here! YAY

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    Actually ladies, this show "The Hidden Wardrobe" is an old show and has been rebroadcast many times, so I suspect there will be other opportunities to see. Continue to check your local listings, or better yet contact MSNBC to learn of future broadcasts. It is also usually shown along with another that follows a TS thru her transition, also an excellant program treated respectfully. My ex-wife taped them both for me some time ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Future Airings: Central time
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 20 01:00am
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 20 02:00am
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 25 09:00pm
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 25 10:00pm
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 25 11:00pm
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 26 12:00am
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 26 01:00am
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 26 02:00am
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 26 03:00am
    MSNBC Investigates, MSNBC Jun 26 04:00am

saw it

Logged on to tell all of you about it but was beat out. I "tivo'd" it so i can watch it time after time. I'd seen it partially before a year or more ago and by chance I caught it that night. Very nice piece. I'm envious. The person who edited the magazine was "Gina Lance".

Trish,

Thank you so much for the dates and times. I was hoping that I would be able to see it.

You're a dear..!!

Valerie
    "A man's got to know his limitations" Harry Callahan.

Imagine where we'd be if any of us adhered to THAT philosophy..!!

Thank you Trish. I spent several minutes at the MSNBC web site searching for the future air times... I couldn't find any reference to this show at all.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Thanks Trish, I printed it to make sure I get to see it.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

StephanieCD
    I only have basic cable - I don't think I even get MSNBC... I'd paypal someone a few bucks for shipping and time for a vhs copy of the show/s... or do I get MSNBC? What channel is it?

I got it set for tivo (homebuilt machine). thanks for the info.. If I can manage to find the time to compress it to divx (probably a 300mb file), I can post a link for download.. there's a great service called "www.yousendit.com" that will email up to a 1gb file (saves it for like 5 days), but you can get a link after it's sent.

Akyra
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    MSNBC? Was is a big piece? I would have loved to... damn.
    what channel is msnbc????????

why do people ask this? it's different on every single cable tv/satellite system. that's impossible to answer. go to tvguide.com and look it up

Mira,
    I subscribed to Lady Like magazine which is a quarterly Pub. The publisher is JoAnne Roberts(who was in the show) and current editor is Angela Gardner. Go to www.cdspub.com/LL.html or email:LLmag@cdspub.com. There is another pub called Girl Talk but I don't know if it is still published. Hope this helps. Sally2

To find the channel in your area, go to http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interac...&navid=3096433

Beneath the schedule table is a link
    • Find MSNBC on your TV

On the Saturday (6-25-05) schedule, for example, is MSNBC Investigates, but nothing to tell us what the story is.
    Last edited by DonnaT; 06-21-2005 at 01:55 PM.
    DonnaT

Lost in herself....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally2
    Mira,
    I subscribed to Lady Like magazine which is a quarterly Pub. The publisher is JoAnne Roberts(who was in the show) and current editor is Angela Gardner. Go to www.cdspub.com/LL.html or email:LLmag@cdspub.com. There is another pub called Girl Talk but I don't know if it is still published. Hope this helps. Sally2
    Thank you!
    ----------------
    ~ Tenet nosce ~
    ----------------