Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your views on this forum as a much needed outlet?

Your views on this forum as a much needed outlet?

My lifestyle is unquestionably masculine. I do not venture out cross-dressed, go toTG friendly clubs or under-dress. In most respects I compartmentalise my transgendered self with the exception of having worked up the courage to buy women’s clothes, makeup and accessories without it seeming such a big deal. Also I’ve put my transgendered self on line in a manner that most of my friends, if they knew about it, would consider ill advised and only a little short of madness. As a risk-averse person I thoroughly agree with them – and yet I feel compelled to be truthful about myself and this forum seems as good a place as any for that purpose. Keeping the truth about yourself all bottled up until you die simply does not seem right. The question I would like to ask is to what extent you found joining this on-line community to be a much needed outlet. As for myself it has proved to be quietly and progressively liberating.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

Bilinda the housekeeper! Bilinda's Avatar
    I like all the different questions and so on I find here. Also I have found many good items, tips and tricks that others have shared on here.

However I don't post too much here, because the guidelines are a bit narrow. I feel like I'm in Sunday school on here. There are dozens of other forums where I can have more freedom to express myself.

However the owners have the right to run their forum in any way they see fit, just as I do mine. So for the most part I passively read the threads and don't interact. I'm sure this is a great place for most.
    Don't put lipstick on dry lips unless you want it to stay on for 3 days!

It has been a mutually fulfilling experience for myself Sapphire.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Perfect

For me, I love the forum as it is. I've been scolded a few times but, upon reflection, properly.

I appreciate the dignity and polite tone of the forum. I appreciate all of the support and good ideas. I love the GG input.

The one thing I would like is more dialog with people who aren't as supportive. How the SO's cope. Discussion on why it's okay versus not okay. I have that dialog in my own head at times and would appreciate understanding it from more perspectives.

Kathleen

Thumbs up

]First time on forum. Its a great place to compare feelings and fears. Its a revelation to find that others share this blessing or insanity, and that this late stage in my life it ain't all hormones(or lack thereof)[
    Thank you all for your candor and loving acceptance.
    Last edited by jaleecd; 01-17-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Banned Read only
    More important than being an outlet for our selves, our stories, our questions...

...the forum is an inlet for all the stories and ideas and answers that we want and need.

The connections we make here, whether we're taking it all in or sharing what we know, are the blessings that have made our lives better...

I think this forum and one other are the best. I like the polite dialog. This forum has helped me grow considerably and accepting what I am and where I am in life. This and one other forum I would credit with relieving much on depression. The depression was suppressed thru drugs and now I am nearly free of the depression meds. It is all due to the acceptance and understanding I have found. Not just others accepting me, but learning to accept me for me. Perhaps it is too much credit, but I really feel now that most of the girls on here are my sisters.

Hugs Edy

Sappire, this is a very good post to me because I'm very much like you. Your right about not keeping this bottled up inside. I've admitted my crossdressing only to girlfriends throughout the years. I wouldn't tell a male friend because they would probably think I was gay and hitting on them.

So yes, for us closeted CDs this is a great place to tell someone and relieve the pressure of keeping this secret.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    Since joining I have been able to let my feelings known to people who can understand how I feel. It has also allowed me to come to terms with who I am and to make a decision based on that. I don't think I would have decided ti transition or go out en femme without this forum. I woulds still be struggling to live as a man who has never been really happy with life. I now
    feel much more relaxed about myself and where I am going.
    living the dream

Smile Ah yes, an outlet...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    ....The question I would like to ask is to what extent you found joining this on-line community to be a much needed outlet. As for myself it has proved to be quietly and progressively liberating.
    At various times I find reading and perusing "our" messages to be just what I need, fulfilling, broadening, and enlightening. And there are those days when I eagerly search for interesting items to which I reply or add information - obviously needing some sort of outlet for this huge part of my life which I cannot share with most of the people I know.

Yes indeed, my "prolific reply" days were a surprise to me, as I really didn't think that I needed an outlet.

Rickie
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

Smile

I just like chatting to people who have something in common with me Plus it gives me a chance to let my femme self out and show you pictures of her so you can all point at me and laugh I may have a sense of humour too, it needs investigating...

I just have a big mouth.... and love to talk about crossdressing and makeup and fashion and ...... just about anything....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

As has been said. This forum is an outlet as well as inlet. For the most part I have found it to be a kind and rewarding place.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    I find this community to nothing short of wonderful. I love the connections made here, and knowing that I have the freedom to share my own hopes and fears with little prejudice. You never really find this kind of jewel; especially on the internet.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

This site does indeed provide an outlet for me, especially when I can't dress. But then after a while I think to myself, "It's time to stop talking about it and start doing it!" At the moment, I'm doing both. Ahhhhhh ...
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Strangers AND friends!

Inlet, outlet, what ever! Just let me out of the closet!

After nearly 9 solitary years there, this site is a Godsend!

U can tell things to STRANGERS that could NEVER TELL to a friend!

And yet, I feel I DO HAVE friends here!
    So, I guess this site provides the best of BOTH WORLDS!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If it wasn't for this forum, I would probably still be in exile in my closet.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    After losing my wife a little over three years ago, this Forum has been a tremendous outlet for me. I have also learned a great deal from it. I am very happy to be a member of it and to know all you nice ladies.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    The biggest thing to me is the ability to share our lives with someone in a related situation. I am closeted, so I will be unlikely to meet anyone locally. Here I can start to build friendships and let them grow. Who knows, some of us could possibly meet each other in the future also.

Hi Sapphire,

I know where your coming from!
    For me, joining this site has helped me out of the closet to a certain degree. A certain degree, meaning that I'm not telling my folks, my sister, my boss and most my friends. I've met many nice people here, and have been out to clubs with these friends many times. This forum is very helpful, and makes me feel finally "normal".
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Hi, I do what I damn well please. Why should I let the world dictate my world? If someone can't handle it or makes comment, it's only a reflection of their own inadequacys. A spouse is a different story; here it's personal. An understanding is required for a mutual positive relationship. Funny......that was the only time me and my former wife really got along, both dressed sexy and playing! Family difficulties broke us up. We both kinda' miss it as we are good friends....but let it lye. Find what might work, work it and judge resultant outcomes. This site is about the best forum...why do they call it a forum?....To express!

until the advent of the internet there were no support mechanisms for people like me. none at least that i was aware of.

i was left to my own thinking for company ~ not a good combination! i also had the library where i learned that i was a transvestite and that meant i had a sexual fetish and it was a disorder. it said nothing about treating it or if it was okay or not but the general theme seemed to be that there was something the matter with me and so i decided i had better keep my mouth shut.

but i couldn't stop myself since i was so unhappy when i couldn't dress and so deeply happy when i could. and this had started when i was seven years old. there weren't any sexual overtones until my very late teens and early twenties. i was darn confused how this could simply be a sexual fetish when there was no sexual activity associated with it for the first 10 years i was doing it.

this is the only time in my entire life where i have shared with total strangers the fact that i crossdress, that i enjoy it, that i'm fairly good at it, and that i have no desire or intention of ever stopping.

and this is one of the few places where people, when they hear that from me, people say "you go girl!"

i know you can imagine how nice that is to hear ~ so i think i've answered your question.

Very glad I found this forum, and respect it imensly... Made me realise I'm one of many who enjoy what we do. Which helped a lot!

Also many many tips discovered...... Long live!!

Jen
    Loving life to the full.... At long last

Banned Read only
    When I first came across this site, there were a lot of new posts to read, and it was interesting for a while. However, after a couple years, it is mostly the same ol same old. I see the same posts over and over. "I'm coming out to my wife" followed by all the usual "you go gurl", and "we're here for you" posts, followed by "she wants a divorce". When I suggested keeping it a secret, the "truth and honesty" squad was all over me, like white on rice. But they are curiously absent when someone posts that they are being divorced, or fired.
    And how many "I wore pantys to work", or "I wore pantys on a plane" threads can you read. So I just look in maybe once a week now. I've been dressing since I was 14. I'm good at it. I keep it to myself. And I have had no problems, as a result.
    For most of us, crossdressing is sexually driven. And you wouldn't come out to your SO, or kids, or friends, that you masturbate. So why the overwhelming need to come out to anyone, that you crossdress? I don't see it.

This site has been a Godsend - greatest site I ever ran across !
    JoAnne Wheeler