Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heels For Him?

Heels For Him?

I was out yesterday to a city about an hour away and dropped into Value Village to look at the ladies' shoes. I was suprised to see another male there, looking also. The next thing he was trying on a pair of heels in the aisle. I'm sure glad we weren't looking for the same size. I had never seen this before and was watching and trying to be low key at the same time. He certainly has more guts than me. I hope he enjoys them. Cheers, Victoria

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I do it quite a bit at places like Famous, DSW and TJ Maxx. I kind of stopped caring about what people might think or say a bit ago. If you do what he did - just try on shoes like it's perfectly normal - you'll be fine.

Kathi

I agree with Kathi -- the longer I CD the less I care about what others think.
    ColleenW

I order my heels online

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

The SA will help!

I was in a Payless in Atlanta with my wife, but she has a smaller size and went around to another aisle as I tried on shoes. The SA came up and asked if I needed any help. I said "no" and then she asked if they were for me. Well, she thought nothing of it, reminding me that it was a 2 for 1 sale and that it would make sense to get two pair.

I'm not sure what other customers might think, but the SAs are just looking for a sale, and I get the impression they have been primed for CDs and such since if they overcome whatever shyness we might have about the situation they will get return sales!

tina

It is true - the longer you do it, the easier it becomes - and especially when you just don't care anymore !!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler

I just had my first shoe shopping expedition a few minutes ago at Payless. (see http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...30#post1594830). I was in drab and no-one gave me a second look. The cashier even asked me if i wanted any "accessories - socks, stockings, perhaps a purse?" He seemed totally sincere and not at all making fun of me or anything like that. I'm hooked, now. Watch out, bank account!!!
    I'm so far back in the closet that I'm finding Christmas presents!

"Women often don't seem to have a problem with us, as long as we're not romantically involved with them of course." - goofus

I had an SA help me one time at Payless I was trying on heels with black stockings underneath she said you have big feet I said yes sadly i couldn't fit in the sizes they had so I had to order them online

Like Joanne said, the more you do it the easier it is. I have bought plenty of shoes and boots at Value Village and have no problem trying them on right there in the aisle. I wear hose just to be sure of the fit. My best find has been a pair of over the knee suede boots for $9.99!!

I shop at payless mostly exclusively when I buy shoes.. I'm used to the way everything is at the stores.. I've had the SA ask if I need help but never have had one ask if I wanted to try any shoes on.. I've written about this in other entries here.. truth is a few times I am wearing pantyhose or tights for just this experience (that has yet to happen).. I fantasize about what it would be like.. I've thought about the perfect time to go into the store.. ultimately I would like to not only try the shoes on, but to take the empty box up to the checkout and pay for them and walk out of the store while wearing them.. talk about unnerving..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I've tried on at DSW, but not Payless. Even though the sales lady at Payless was cool and told me of the sale they were having.

The reason, the aisles in Payless were too narrow
    DonnaT

shoe buying

I sure do envy you ladies that can go to a DSW or any shoe store with quality shoes and try on and buy a pair. My problem is I am a size 12w and try as I might noone except payless and Avenue have my size. I constantly ask when I walk into a shoe store "Do you carry any size 12's".
    Oh well
    Janet

Janet, Try a Ninewest store. They are now carrying 12's in some styles. The manager at the Ninewest store where I routinely shop reminded me of the size 12's and told me to tell my friends.

Ninewest stores might look to be very upscale from the outside, but any store that I have shopped in has been very accommodating. They expect me to try on.

Also, Metrostyle cataloge is now carrying 12W shoes.

Jodi

Platinum Member
    like how are you going to know if they fit or are comfy if you don't try them on??????.........

I am also a size 12, and have only been able to find that size on line. Fredericks of Hollywood has a lot of selection in size 12, and at reasonable prices, now and then a 13. If you order by phone, you can get them shipped USPS. (I get the mail, but when the UPS guy shows up at the door my wife (knows but non accepting) gets pissed) On line, you dont get the shipping option, it comes UPS. The SA are very nice over the phone, and can even help with size questions. If they sell 12 and 13 shoes, with stiletto heels, come on, they know a lot of their customers are men. And, I love the shoes!

Cuckoo-clock-girl ShannonGermany's Avatar
    Its always funny when my girlfriend and i walk up to the counter at payless with a bunch of shoes sized 5,5 and 13

Smile Payless has very tall racks!

...and hence a little hope of privacy for a guy discretely trying on girls' shoes. I've found the clerks very pleasant in several locations, never a problem.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Payless is the only store (close that is) I can shop at for shoes (11 and sometimes 12's). I did find out that Payless can't even order half sizes, the corperation just does not order/stock them. I was in today (they know me by sight) and was told the shipments wouldn't be delivered untill tueseday and again thurseday. The SA who is a member of the comunity didn't start work until later, so had no reason to linger and talk.

i try my heels in the isle also and there are times when the salesclerk will comment about the heels if they look good on me or not and the different styles
    a server

Victoria, I was in Goodwill looking at the womens shoes and another fellow came in and started looking at the shoes on the other end of the rack. He was fine until he looked up and saw me at the other end. When he saw me he left the store. I went on with my shopping.

it is true - the longer you do it, the easier it becomes - and especially when you just don't care anymore !!!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler

Aspiring Member
    you'll have to let me know when they have sizes 15 or 16 in the stores. can never try any on in stores.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Vicky, curious minds need to know.

What city did this happen in?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nine West is my favorite shoe store, and I always try on the shoes at the store, even if there are many other customers present.

So far, at least, I have not seen any other men trying on shoes at the Nine West store.

Wish I had the courage to shop for shoes in public ...seems like others here have survived the experience...might just give it a try myself.