Thread: Driver's license

Driver's license

I have left my driver's license twice in my purse and then found myself driving the company vehicle without a driver's license. This is very risky.

So I gathered up the nerve to dress up and go to a driver's license place to see what I could do to either get a duplicate license in female mode or a state ID. I went to a place where I thought I might manage. The closest place is always standing room only. But there were about 100 people waiting. I did not have the guts to enter this waiting room en femme. I guess I am not there yet.

So I looked up on the internet and found a place in a small town about an hour away from home. It was perfect. Two people waiting and two people working there. I found out you cannot have a duplicate license but I could get an ID for my purse. At least I can use it for purchases and then I can leave my wallet in the car and avoid switching my license back and forth.

But the supervisor said I could not get the ID because I looked too different from my driver's license. She state law would allow me to have an ID en femme if I also had my driver's license en femme, but they would have to match. She said the legislature looked at this as a disguise. It just does not make sense to me! She did say I may get away with having my hair up like I have on my license and get my ID with my hair down and maybe a little lip gloss with a femme blouse, but no make up or earrings, because I looked like a totally different person. Which I do not.

So I left undecided and without my ID.

Now I will have to decide if I will mix them up like she said. I am leaning towards that but it may be weird if the police looks up my records and sees two different pictures. I found out when police look up your record, both pictures come up at the same time. Or maybe make them both female. This could be tricky for somethings like applying for a job, although not too many people see my license. Maybe I will just keep both of them in male mode. I will think about this.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

Yea, I wish I could get my drivers license in my male garb and in my feminine finery - but in this day and time, after 911, I doubt that is going to happen

JoAnne Wheeler

Just a thought. I assume you are going out En Femme and that is why you need the DL in your purse, to get into clubs and such. How about getting the ID for your purse (of course it will still be in your male persona but we can't get around that) and leave your DL in the car (locked in the glove box ). You will have it for the trip but won't worry about leaving it in your purse. When you are done for the evening, if you remember, you can take your DL in with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelia View Post
    But the supervisor said I could not get the ID because I looked too different from my driver's license. She state law would allow me to have an ID en femme if I also had my driver's license en femme, but they would have to match.
    I suspect there is nothing in state law or regulation to back the supervisors position. I have an ID en femme and a drivers liscence in drab, no problem. Didn't have to explain to anyone, just went in, filled out the paperwork, and had the picture taken.

I would go to a different office and just request the ID.
    Sally

Aspiring Member
    A few years ago I received in the mail an application to renew my F.O.I.D. card. I had to fill in the personal information and attach a small picture of myself. For grins I attached a fem picture of me wearing a red long sleeved top and a jumper. My hair was styled and I wore makeup. When my card came someone had changed my sex from male to female.
    Then last fall I renewed my drivers license en fem. My given name happens to be unisex. So now I have two fem IDs. When I recently checked into a motel as a woman, the lady asked to see my drivers license. It says that I am male but the motel clerk was too busy writing down the numbers to notice. Once when I rented a tool the guy behind the counter asked if it was my wife's drivers license. I said," No, that's me." He looked at the picture for a while and said," I wish I had hair like that. I was in drab wearing a ball cap at the time. Leanne

Some states don't allow you to have both a DL and an ID. This is actually one of the requirements to meet the Real ID Act. Kansas (my state) is one of them. I have been thinking about having my DL pic taken en femme. I have been out a few times here recently and have had to show my ID (using a credit card and at the bank). But, for all of the times I need to use it en femme, how much more do I use it in drab. I think I'll suck it up and keep things as they are.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

I often wondered about the ID issue...seems to me its not a disguise if you ask for two photos each one to represent the way you 'normally look'. What about updating your photo while enfem and then loose it and have another photo taken in drab. Then the official one will be male and the voided one will be enfem. Won't work if they just send you a replacement based on the image in the database though.

Just for a laugh, I was thinking you could show up with one half of your face made up and the other side not. Then when you show your ID you either hold your finger over half of your face or just let the person naturally see the half that matches what you currently look like. The downside is anyone seeing it might start asking questions (which would be cool if you were willing to be 100% out to anyone)

Central Texas Rancher
    I guess I'm lucky. I'm a licensed private investigator by trade. I frequently cross dress when I'm working on insurance fraud cases. My video camera hides best in a purse and a purse looks best when I'm in a dress. I've been stopped a few times. In addition to showing the police officer my drivers license, I also show my PI license. I tell the officer I working on a case. Works every time. One officer told me as he walked away from my car, "Nice legs."

The way I did it.

I have a CDL, and when I decided to start going out I wanted my license to not have a picture of me with a beard, so I went to the license office clean shaven, and wearing one of my wife's tops, nothing fancy, just a fem top, combed my hair so it looked a bit more fem and told them I had shaved off my beard and was having problems getting into shipping ports because of it and needed an updated pic taken.

They charged me 25 bucks, took the new pic, and now it works fine in either mode.

Even though my name is Paul I have yet to have anyone question me about it, they look at the pic and hand me the license back.

So it really does not take all that much to get a DL that works in both modes.

Hope this helps.

Hugggggggggggs

Samantha

Banned Read only
    The photo on my license is so old it doesn't resemble me at all, in either mode. Never had a problem anywhere.

San Francisco girl
    My hair is long. As a boy, it is pulled back into a ponytail. As a girl, it is down and combed out. I made an appointment with the local California DMV to replace my "lost" license. Before going (as a boy), I let my hair down, and applied a tiny bit or foundation... just enough to soften my features a bit. When the employee asked me how he could be of service, and I explained, he pulled up my file, which had my photo. He looked at the picture, looked at me, and said "You want a new photo, don't you?" I said I did, and he told me to pay the money, and go get into the photographer's line. Now I have a license with a photo that passes for both boy and girl mode.

In fact, the only time it has been an issue has been at airport security. Those couple of times, I just pulled off my hair tie, and the agents then apologized for my inconvenience. <G>

Wendi

My wife belongs to a social club that issue a tag that you can put your membership card into and put it on the ring with your keys, but she never did use it. One day she was complaining about havenning to take her purse with her every time she had to drive one of the kids to school, shops or station. So I suggested for her to put her drivers licence in the tag that she got from the club and put it on with her car keys, that way she would always have her licence when ever she is driving, she did and has never looked back since.

PS; NSW Australian licence is the same size as a credit card or club membership card.
    Last edited by Sissy_in_pink; 02-08-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    Sophie Mosley