Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanlines!

Tanlines!

I'm in Arizona this week, getting a jump on my summer tan, laying out by the pool...question, for those of us who live double lives: how to you explain skirtini tanlines to the guys at the health club, the woman in your life, etc?

I spent a week en femme and throughout that time I sat by an outdoor pool almost everyday. My tan-lines were great, but when I went back to my usual routine of life (not openly TG), I knew that I would have to be careful about my tan-lines.
    My first step was to do some overall tanning; of course, that defeats the purpose you are trying to achieve, I guess. But for me, it was a necessity. While I made my tan transition, I just had to be careful about keeping my shirt on. It took quite awhile, by the way, but I'm not sorry that I did it.
    Good luck.
    warmly, Linnea

Tan in the nude if you can, if not get a speedo for tanning. Its a feminine tan line and if anyone asks you can just say you like to wear speedos.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine87xoxo View Post
    Tan in the nude if you can, if not get a speedo for tanning. Its a feminine tan line and if anyone asks you can just say you like to wear speedos.

Tanning in the nude is not an option for me at the hotel pool...however I do have an Everlast "muscle" shirt I use for jogging, which has the same lines as my skirtini, so I can blame it for my tanlines...the things we do!

Haha you go girl!

Skirtini tan lines? You'll be just fine at the gym! Lots of things will give you those lines, men's running shorts, triathlon apparel (often quite short in men's and women's).

Heck, try dealing with thong tan lines (which I currently have). I love them, and my wife is fine with it, but I'm kind of dreading an upcoming visit for an annual checkup.
    -Sedona

I layed out by the pool all day Monday, got a great tan

Electric beach. au natural, = no lines, means no problem.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

A few summers back I did the back yard tanning in a really cute thong bikini bottom (but no top). My GF at the time ... who did not know about my dressing ... just thought I was 'weird'! LOL! I sure had nice tanned shoulders to go with my sundresses, though!

i dont have a tan, to i dont worrie about tan lines

Its not the bottom tan lines that are so noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Its not the bottom tan lines that are so noticeable
    So true! I have a trip planned next month and I'm pondering building up my tan beforehand and would love to have some bikini tan lines. However, there'd be some serious explaining to do afterwards so I think I'll have to pass on that idea.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Living in the second cloudiest city in the country... I don't have that problem...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Being Asian, my skin is relativel dark so I don't stay out in the sun too much. If am in the sun for a extending period of time, I always wear sunblock.
    However, I try to keep from getting a farmer's tan by rolling up my sleeves so that my arms can get an even tan.
    Women don't normally have them so I do the same so I don't get spotted.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 04-15-2009 at 09:33 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I LOVE tan lines.

A couple solutions...

Buy the neutrogena self tanner in a bottle... gives a very nice looking tan until you shower - so put it on strategically to match your existing tan.

Go to the gym predressed and change at home afterwards - as nice as it is to shower at the gym, you made another choice the forbids it pretty much... thankfully the tan wont last forever but while it does, you have a no clothes removal policy in place - unless you think you can get away with nobody seeing... then thats sort of fun!

Sunless tanning and moisturizer by Jergens

I just found a new product. It's Jergens tanning/moisturizer in an aerosol container. It comes out like shaving cream and spreads very evenly. The thing I like best about it is that it dries in about 30 seconds so no standing around for 15 minutes like the older versions.

I'm on my second container and it IS a little pricey...$8 at Walmart.

Jennifer

Thanks girls, great tips! I spent 2 hours at the pool today, and I smoothed a high SPF sunscreen on either side of my tanlines, which seems to help...here's a shot of my lovely legs getting tanned, taken with my cellphone camera:

No more nylons till October!

well i just came back from mexico last month, and got some great tan lines, i love it, and well along time ago i realize i don't need to explain to any one my girlyness LOL.

Meet me at Smugglers Cove PaulaSF's Avatar
    Well Cissy,

Ya know how this wanton hussy handles her tanlines...

thong (assumption being Tahoe/Cote d' Azure will "allow" topless sunbathing) about 2/3rds of sun time, then thong off the remaining third (agreed inapplicable at hotel pools, tho...)

When family is with the Missus & I, on the boat in Tahoe, then boy shorts (or retro boxer style men's) bottoms pulled over the thong

I'm lucky, having a sheltered private backyard (with an accepting spouse/usually no kid around, too), or the essentially "floating island" on the boat in Tahoe, so does give me far more flexibility than most.

Despite the skin cancer risk, I do find that sunning helps with the ingrowns from frequent shaving, so in addition to appearance, there's another plus.

Plus a handy excuse to have your beau, if handy, first rub the SPF on, than later the moisturization, after bathing...

In reality, think tanlines are akin to body shaving, no one really seems to notice/pay attention, tho issues on the homefront can be a factor...

cheers,
    Paula

Right you are Paula, it's those issues on the homefront that I'm worried about...got a great base tan this week in Arizona, and a good thing too: it will be 95 in Sacramento next week, gonna get in a lot more pool time, and break out the summer skirts and sundresses...

My solution is SPF 85 lotion. No tan, no problems. I still get to lounge outside in a swimsuit, and I am protected from the suns damaging rays.

Pamela

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Julie View Post
    My solution is SPF 85 lotion. No tan, no problems. I

Except for the carcinogenic chemicals in the sunblock, that is.

Given the fact that my ancestors survived solar exposure for, oh, the last few million years or so, I think I'll be fine without slathering my skin with toxic waste....

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Except for the carcinogenic chemicals in the sunblock, that is.

Given the fact that my ancestors survived solar exposure for, oh, the last few million years or so, I think I'll be fine without slathering my skin with toxic waste....
    I've actually tried the old girls' trick of rubbing baby oil on my arms and legs to accelerate the tanning process...the only high-SPF sunscreen I use is for those pesky tanlines!

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    I'm in Arizona this week, getting a jump on my summer tan, laying out by the pool...question, for those of us who live double lives: how to you explain skirtini tanlines to the guys at the health club, the woman in your life, etc?
    First of all I do go to the health club and second of all ...
    The woman in my life bought the skirtini for me....LOL....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Health club? Whats that? I'm a ignorant (and poor) redneck remember? I chuck on a pair of sweats or shorts and jog around the block - no expensive health club required