Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Peaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    How about "you look much younger than your age" serious.Now put down those m and m's and go make a healthy fruit smoothie.
    Too late.. Finished up the bag just as Vancouver was finishing off Chicago!! I eat chocolate when I get depressed.. And I've been going through a lot of it lately.. Lucky I get enough exersize to work them off..

I think I need to go shopping!! and I think my dressing drought is almost over.. Road trip next week!! Yeah!!

Ohhh and Ducks vs Penns would be great!! I can see a friendly wager if that happens!! Take sprots betting to a new level when I can win lingerie!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

ummmm...

Karren...

The duckies aren't past the Wings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post
    ummmm...

Karren...

The duckies aren't past the Wings yet.
    Speaking of peaking!! Maybe the Wings have?

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Speaking of peaking!! Maybe the Wings have?
    Don't bet on it dear

Peaked? Not just yet. The duckie series will be a good one if they can keep the play between the whistles.

I often say. "Getting old is not for sissy's". As we age things change and since I'm now 67 I speak with some authority. Just accept it and adapt your look as necessary. I enjoy my Alice time as much as ever and in some minor ways even more because I'm more comfortable with myself.

you look good ,just injoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I often say. "Getting old is not for sissy's". As we age things change and since I'm now 67 I speak with some authority. Just accept it and adapt your look as necessary. I enjoy my Alice time as much as ever and in some minor ways even more because I'm more comfortable with myself.
    I don't know if I can just accept it, Alice! I've always worked hard to improve what I do every year and the thought of going the other way is not appealing to me right now.. Maybe when I actually get there...... it won't be a big deal.. Anticlamatic!! But I don't know..

Its funny that I can accept my crossdressing without questioning why but I can't accept this?

.......My Photos

I'm feeling lately that I'm not getting any better at what I'm doing and that I'm actually getting worse.. My skin is really getting bad.. Wrinkles!! Lots and big time.. And yeah you see lots of older women with wrinkles I just don't want to look that way.. Old..
    Well Karren, maybe your eyes will deteriorate at the same rate as the rest of you, and you will soon not SEE the wrinkles. It works for me!
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Well Karren, maybe your eyes will deteriorate at the same rate as the rest of you, and you will soon not SEE the wrinkles. It works for me!
    Now that's an idea or how about anti-wrinlike glasses!! They optically fill in all the carcks!! But I wonder if you look at someone with smooth skin you will see fine ridges on their face?

.......My Photos

Red face Peaking

I would believe that the notion of "peaking" only has value when used in comparison to previous or succeeding rates of change. When I was a managing engineer, that term had a great usage - but I really don't see much value "here". We, all of us, are on a journey, and the only value, the only real importance, is how we feel right now... not "then" or even "way back then". It is the journey that we may truly enjoy, not that rate of change, not points of inflection, not apexes - those are only derived numerical values or equivalents - in fact you only know about those things when you look backward and evaluate.

Changing subjects: Well, the magnifying mirror is one of those things you eventually need to compensate for aging eyes. "It" only views a small portion of your face, anyway, so the "whole" image cannot be seen in the background - a saving grace.

And, for me, the saving grace re aging is that I have (mostly) learned to live in harmony with my desires; IE I am able to dress to the extent and frequency I feel the desire. This seems to allow a pretty good psy, phy, and emotional balance.

I remember those days when I could dress only when "she" was away shopping - and those years when I could only wear the ankle socks and heels that I kept hidden in a box in the trunk of my car, and that decade when I was so terribly alone and so very lonely - but I could dress very often. Those were not "peak" experiences!

My age. Ah yes. There are some instances not quite in harmony with my desires. I still love those little girls - the ones about sixty. And I still want those hoop earrings, but have to wear clip-ons. Long wavy hair only looks good on 55 or younger chix. Emulating hippy movements with a little sway doesn't seem so apropos anymore, but feels oh so good. My five inch heels seem to be lasting so much longer than before... and don't feel quite as sensual.

The sands of time... insidious, penetrating, moving with power unstoppable, similarly with my makeup collection - congealing over the years, in the unused bottles on my shelf. They have apparently peaked.

But Revlon is on sale at 50% off at my local "Smith's" market! Wheee!
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

I turned 55, yesterday. Memory loss, fatigue, isolating more, but with wrinkles, i still look good, like a lady i'd like to meet! Karren, no jeans here- never! Red Green tells you, "Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pullin for ya. We're all in this together."

I have no fear of peaking. My big fear is not having the chance to get out of this closet and realize my feminine potential before it's too late.
    KIM
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

I just find that there is only so much I can do with respect to the effects of getting older. I work hard to improve my application of make up, which is often based upon how much time I will have to be dressed, but even if it is only for a few hours I try my best. I realize I will have to be more age correct in my clothing selection, but only if I think I'm going to be able to go out. I wish I had more chances, but my wife travels with me. She accepts my dressing at home to a point. But, the joy and relaxation I get from dressing does not wain because I'm not trying to be something I'm not. I'm dressed today and love it. I also get great enjoyment from this forum because of the interesting posts I read. Especially yours. You make it fun.

Awww!! Thanks Alice... Your too sweet.. I think I'm peaking there to since I'm running out of funny or interesrting things to say!! Lol.

And I'm still in a dressing slump... my business trip got canceled since I'm the only one that seems to know anything around this place any more... .. Another disadvantage of getting old.. But hey... Things could be worse I guess...

Got to remember the "stick on the ice" thingy.. Have a game tonight... And maybe I need to use Red Greens secret wepon.. Duct tape to mask the wrinkles...

I think I'm just depressed....
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Awww!! Thanks Alice... Your too sweet.. I think I'm peaking there to since I'm running out of funny or interesrting things to say!! Lol.

And I'm still in a dressing slump... my business trip got canceled since I'm the only one that seems to know anything around this place any more... .. Another disadvantage of getting old.. But hey... Things could be worse I guess...

Got to remember the "stick on the ice" thingy.. Have a game tonight... And maybe I need to use Red Greens secret wepon.. Duct tape to mask the wrinkles...

I think I'm just depressed....
    [SIZE=4]Je pense donc je suis...

I think therefore I am...
    [/SIZE]

If you think that you have peaked, are in a slump and are depressed you probably are.

On the other hand...

Karren-Two things: (This is a very interesting post, BTW) First, if your avatar photo is anything like the way you look now, you have years to go yet. And two (more seriously) there are ladies here (a minority, but still...) for whom aging is MUCH more threatening than for you straight people (I assume you are?). I posted a question on that topic a while back: when your sexuality is tied up with crossdressing-you know what I mean-aging means the end of sex. Those of us with this orientation have to wonder constantly, "Am I too old to attract anybody now?" On the other hand, if you are straight and just "dress" for fun, what do you have to lose? We others, once we become to old to attract the type of person we're interested in, have much more to lose. Everything, in fact.
    I've been haunted by Marvell's lines for years :

"But at my back, I always hear,
    Time's wing'ed chariot hurrying near..."

Any others out there with the same concern? How are you facing up to the thought of sooner or later being too old to attract anybody?

I should really have wrinkles by now-I have been a Blackhawks fan, since 15. How many Stanley Cups!?

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    [SIZE=4]Je pense donc je suis...

I think therefore I am...
    [/SIZE]

If you think that you have peaked, are in a slump and are depressed you probably are.

On the other hand...
    Five fingers??

.......My Photos

I dunno, if I ever get to the point of looking at Rach and thinking "nope" it doesnt work anymore, I reckon I would call it quits.

I think/hope some of my style could transcend age (I'd have to ditch the mini's and the outrageous heels ) but I would have to be realistic. :

Oooh,

Banned Read only
    Five fingers??
    You can choose to redirect your energies rather than dwell in the funky place that you seem to have discovered...

My hair started turning grey when i was 18, im 20 now. i have noticeable 'clumps' of grey now. I welcome the grey, for me growing old represents wisdom and experience, which happen to be the two traits i admire most in people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    My hair started turning grey when i was 18, im 20 now. i have noticeable 'clumps' of grey now. I welcome the grey, for me growing old represents wisdom and experience, which happen to be the two traits i admire most in people.
    Yeah..... I remember when I was young (barely) and I also thought that with age comes wisdom but once you get "aged".. Its not as an attractive place as you had envisioned... At least in my eyes.. And that's verified by the package of L'oreal Preference hair color in my bathroom cabinit.. And the massive amount of creams, lotions and makeup I have acquired and use.. Sigh....

Sounds to me like I'm being very vane....
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-08-2009 at 09:24 AM.

.......My Photos

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Karen-

To paraphrase what Kathi said, personally I don't think of it as peaking, but more like a plateau or perhaps a certain comfort level with being who and how we are. Certainly there's nothing any of us can do about getting older but we can do what any woman, at least those that give a damn, does and that's take care of ourselves and do the best we can with what we have to work with. For instance, I purchase ordinary white wall spackle at the hardware store and add some of that dry mineral powder makeup stuff to it and use it as foundation. Works great on those pesky wrinkles!

And, girl, for what my opinion is worth, you look gorgeous.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 05-08-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: chng text

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Grey hair at 20 is an entirely different thing from grey hair at 50...

Aspiring Member

Postpone Peaking

For someone who looks so good, the rest of us must have a long road to hoe.
    But I was surprised with all the postings on the subject, no one has admitted to trying the anti-oxidents and the other eye and wrinkle removing creams. I for one am about to, so if there are any suggestions, do not hesitate with advice.