Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was asked to get dressed up by three ladies and said...

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee View Post
    Anyways, I'm very well known and a public figure in the area...
    Wouldnt you want to be well known for being able to have fun and be a good sport ?

Obviously if you dont wanna do it , then thats fine, do what your most comfortable with.

We had a charity thing in work at christmas involving a makeover, and I couldnt put my hand up to volunteer fast enough haha !

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT !

JUST GO FOR IT !!!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I would do it as long as I didn't have to wear a skirt or look business like
    Dressing up is a pain
    But OHH, what a beautiful pain! I would love for some ladies to ask me to dress as a woman. I would say yes in a heartbeat! A very fast heartbeat! Wonder if the older gentleman who did say yes is a CD?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Hmmmmm, I don't know Tracylee, I think I'm spotting a trend here.

You've probably heard the expression, 'when opportunity knocks' ... well, I think I hear someone at the door.

I understand the reasoning of not wanting to get pegged or defined in a certain way. But you can define it any way you want. Remember, they asked you!
    Cross dresser or not, I'd go for it and have fun.

That being said, I also can understand a fear of playing a little too close to the truth and getting out of your comfort zone.

On the other hand, 'It's charity' ... Aren't I a big help?

Silver Member
    Tracy, what a great opportunity you missed! If I had been the one they asked I would have said yes in a heart beat. If It is not too late call them up and tell them you have reconsidered and will do it. This would be so much fun and it is for a good cause too. A win win situation in my opinion.

Ultimately Tracy, it's your call, but you have the opportunity to do this and play it off as a "good sport". I was in a similar situation myself once upon a time and, while I was nervous at first, when all was said and done, I had a ball.

If you can get over your fear, you will have a lot of fun I promise you

Tracy

Given you have heard comments made in the past to others which may have been made in jest but you never can tell

Since the object is to make the guys look as good as possible which could cause you problems

I think you made the right decision for the long term given your circumstances
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

That's almost exactly how I got started - and never looked back. And, yes, I know the feeling.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Big mistake; you should have gone for it....and enjoyed the experience. No-one could have blamed you and you could have "come out" without anyone knowing!!! What a chance missed.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I woulkd have jumped all over that. I missed an opertunity a couple of weeks ago. A local charity had a walk as a fund raiser and every walker had to dress in women's clothing, wether male or female, for cancer I think. I didn't know about it until a week after the event. But I'm keeping my ears open for next year.

I agree with the majority. The same situation was presented to me and I reluctanley agreed - wink wink nudge nudge. The place sold out, raised money for a good cause and had a blast all at the same time.

Oh my God' you lost an opportunity of cherity.
    If I was asked to dress, Without any hesitation I would have agreed & asked them to help me in getting c.d. ready with make over got done by all 3 of them.
    Next time don't make such a silly mistake.
    vjaducd from India

It depends on how deeply you want to stay in the closet. If you did get dressed up by them, and had a thoroughly good time, don't you think that the ladies might think that you seemed to be enjoying yourself too much and fitting into the role too easily? I am sure that they aren't stupid. Their idea is probably to have a bloke dress up as a 'bit of a laugh', and for everyone to find it hilarious. However, we all give off little signals as to who we are, and your obvious enjoyment might give them food for thought. Do you really want to 'out' yourself that way? On the other hand, if you didn't care that they might suss you, then by all means do it, and have a great time.

This just seemed to be more harm than fun for me...
    Then do what you feel is best.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Tracy, I have to admit I am intreged with the idea of having myself made up for an event like this but I have to go along with Shelly on this one. I did this on halloween last year and am still getting the sideways glances and the smirks from co-workers. As a person who is readily recognized and looked as a pillar within the organizations I represent it becomes a balancing act of my desires and what is a reality.

Make the coince on your terms and then you will be truely satisfied. The what ifs are dreams and when your dreams are ready to become reality you will know. Have fun and hope you are well.

Huggs Keli

You should have said if so and so will do it then you would.. I think I would do that.. my little brother dressed in a dress for work one day last fall for charity for cancer awareness and I don't think he actually does cross dress.. in fact I know he doesn't cross dress, it was just a lark thing.. other guys did it and so he did.. actually he said yes and others decided to say yea as well... if I were asked I think I would say yes if other guys said yes.. how dressed up would I dress?? good question..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    This just seemed to be more harm than fun for me...I'll chose the safety of my home for dress up times...

My opinion only...I know it would be a dream come true but once its done there's no turning back with all the pictures they take...
    Tracy-

Thank you so much for clarifying this. I agree with Nicki. My earlier response still stands, but that is only how I might act under the circumstances. Your circumstances are yours and you are the only one who can decide what would be best for you. Please don't let the fact that most of us are frantically waving our arms in the air and shrieking, "Pick me! Pick me!" put any sort of pressure on you (you don't sound like the kind of person who would let it). For heaven's sake, if it would cause you any problems whatsoever, then don't. This is the kind of thing it might be better to regret not having done it than regret having done it. (Did that last sentence make any sense?)

Good luck, Tracy, enjoy the charity event, I hope it's very successful whether you're endrabbe or endragge.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 06-21-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I support Glenda's comments that we are affraid someone maybe watching us and were affraid of being caught out,i unfortunately may have responded the same way as you.

Aspiring Member
    "Oh I wouldn't want to look like a guy in a dress."
    "Oh, it's a beauty contest?"
    "Well if I want to win I guess I'll have to do as good a job as possible, I'll even go so far as getting my eyebrows waxed. After all, it IS for charity."

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] I would do it in a heartbeat but I am far from closeted. Two years ago I dressed for Halloween at a dude ranch I have been going to for over 30 years, I am there 4-5 times a year, the staff know my brother and I very well and I am friends with many of them but they did not know this side of me. I dressed for dinner the night of the costume party, in tight low rise women's jeans, western high heel boots, a red low cut top with a white lace bra as well as plenty of cleavage peaking out over the top, my makeup was just enough but not too much and my own hair was perfect. I had beautiful silver and turquoise western jewelry on, and my nails done up as well. I was the last to arrive in the dinning room and planned it that way to make my "Grand Entrance". I sat down at my table; I was seated with 7 women who I had 3 meals with already. To say they were shocked was an understatement and received many compliments as well as a comment from 1 of the women that she was jealous of my cleavage. I dressed for the party that night as a gypsy and won best male costume, 3rd place best female costume, and best couple. I danced the night away in 4" stiletto boots and a long flowing skirt, It was had a blast. The next day out on the trail ride a woman from my table started a conversation and said, “You have done this before haven’t you”, and I asked, “What gave me away?” She replied, “You looked and acted like one of us women, not a guy in a dress and danced too good in heels but it was every time you went to the dance floor you placed your purse at the base of the column, and after dancing you lady like bent down to pick it up, and not once did you forget, that's what really gave you away.” She told me how she does amateur theater and we talked how I have as well and just how much fun I have with what I do.
    I have since gone there for weekends as Kristen, and have been accepted well, and when I book they ask what name to place on the guest list.

Don’t miss out on a chance to have a night of fun, for you only might have 1 chance to do it.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 06-21-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

By the way....

I should tell you I am extremely high profile in my community. That made the "coming out" of dressing that much better. A number of local "big wigs" dressed with me, they probably had no idea how much I loved it. Later, I actually had one community leader confess that he dressed at home often. Do it! You never know what will come of it and you have the cover of doing it for charity! Good luck in whatever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    You can call them and tell them you have thought it over and changed your mind

Who knows they might want to experiment on your before the event
    Absolutely - you know you want to! Go for it girlfriend!
    Mary

Smile

Nothing like a little peer preasure here you must do what is best for you.
    Mistybtm

Go for it - what have you got to lose? And maybe, just maybe, one of them may have an inkling that you will enjoy it.

"dood?!?!?!" what were you thinking?

As was said, perhaps "the chance of a lifetime"....

But I do understand, we have our defence systems and we operate in such an automatic mode, especially in the face of those threats we're so specifically onguard against.
    We build walls for safety but they don't discriminate between friend or foe.

What a nice compliment that they said you'd look so good.... hahah I should be so lucky. Not.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

I would hate it - but ANYTHING for charity!