Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever wish you were 'normal' and free of guilt?

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    No guilt here, I feel perfectly normal in either mode

Fortunate!

My wife knows of my dressing and is supportive. In fact for my birthday she bought me a lovely pair of white pants, matching top, wonderful necklace and earings. I feel so Lucky. I told her years ago about my cross dressing and she has always been supportive.

I am perfectly happy being who I am, I was born this way and have no problem with it!

thanks for the helpful, thoughtful comments. I have to be careful I don't paint everyone with a wide brush -inferring others feel the nagging strain I do. One aspect of crossdressing I observe relates to when a spouse clearly knows of the interest, tolerates, but doesn't want it 'in her face'. maybe I will use this for another new topic. best to all, helen

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Don't I wish!!!!!

[SIZE=4]Oh yes, my wish is to have been a normal born woman.
    But I never had any guilt trips about anything.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Don't have secrets... don't have guilt... don't have a mortgage.
    Der TranssexuellauĂźenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I'm glad I'm a CD, because I feel like its made me a better man and adds more depth to my personality. Besides how would you describe a "normal" person? I don't believe I've ever met one...

There are a lot worse things a person could feel "guilty" about like cheating on your taxes, robbing a bank,blowing up a building ,to name a few.

You aren't planning on doing any of those things are you?
    No.
    Good. Then stop feeling "Guilty". You don't have any reason to.
    They are just "clothes".
    Just really nice looking "clothes."
    Clothes are meant to be worn. That is their purpose.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Abnormal and Guilt free.

Well, life certainly would be less stressful without secrets. Within only the past few years did I come to accept my preferences as normal for myself. Now I know that there are a lot of other people out there just like I am - so what is normal anyways? I know of so many 'normal' people that slide into 'abnormal' once you start chipping away at the finish coat of paint. It seems to be a rather thin veneer.

Mortgage? Up to my ears - but that is going to change soon.

Guilty? Of pushing the envelope, being myself, daring to explore my 'other side' certainly. If that's something to be guilty about then there's enough evidence to put me up against a wall and shoot me. I don't feel guilty anymore - I know that now I understand myself.

Secrets - well - the secrets are there because of a lack of understanding by the majority. Too bad for the majority...

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    One aspect of crossdressing I observe relates to when a spouse clearly knows of the interest, tolerates, but doesn't want it 'in her face'.
    This is the situation for me. Not a bad one but a bit double edged. I tend to feel that it would not take much more to make it all perfect if she would just be okay with me dressing in front of her. I do not need to dress publicly to feel okay just privately.

As for guilt, well, perhaps a little when I consider how much I enjoy sexual activities in either mode. What can I say?

understanding me

I have been a crossdresser all my life so far. Hiding and sneeking around. Trying to live as that macho man that society expects. I am still having a little trouble dealing with my female persona. I love being in dresses or skirts,they feel great and very normal. My wife found out some years ago and has no trouble at all with my femme side. In fact she says I am much more sensative and helpful as a girl. We can share a lot better now.
    If I could only go out in to the world dressed either way it would complete my life and make me very happy.
    Well the world is not ready for crossdressers yet, too bad...

MEDORO.

I don't feel the least bit guilty about having a mortgage....

normap

Dear friends ,Normal is a setting on the washing machine.It is for general use but there are also settings for "casual' and "Gentle" ,which by coincidence sounds like me.I may not fit in the "norm"but do we really know what's going on inside closed doors of people who are sexually repressed? Nancy,sorry i spelled normal wrong,does that make me a something else?
    Last edited by nancyish; 07-04-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: normal

I am guilt free. I have no shame.

I love who I am. I really love my life.

I paid my mortgage off 15yrs ago.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

Theres that word again, NORMAL, would someone please explain to me what it means?
    just north of crook county,in the land of Lincoln(if he could see it now)

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post
    I agree totally.
    Now that I've gone time and everyone knows all about me I feel very happy. I used to be guilty about hiding this from my closest friends - but now they all know and support me.
    For me everything is now in the open, I have no secrets...
    [SIZE="3"] I agree with Suzy, when I accepted myself it was the turning point in my life. I am proud of who I am and show it. The confidence I have in myself shows through, it has affected me in life totally, with relationships I have nothing to hide, with work I am no longer the timid person that sits in a meeting with nothing to say. I have been at my job of 17 years but the last 2 years my voice is now a prominate one at meeting. When you are happy with yourself it affects more than just yourself, it affects those that know you and love you. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I AM normal and live very guilt free.

I understand what you mean in the use of the word "normal", but I'm not the one with the problem - society has the problem, not me. Society once had a problem with women voting and blacks drinking out of the same drinking fountain as whites. Maybe women and blacks are (or were) not "normal" as well? Not picking on you for your use of the word "normal", but I AM picking on those who would call us not-normal for being who we are.

I live a very normal life - work, take care of business, exercise, deal with life's issues day to day, have a loving wife, etc.

There was only guilt in my life before accepting myself as I am. I'm good now though. No guilt, no confusion, and plenty of happiness in my life. There's room for improvement, but we've all got goals to reach in life.

You know - it really saddens me to hear about those who live with constant guilt for being themselves. It's so senseless to exist that way... I completely understand it as I was there myself not too long ago, but looking back - it was such a terrible waste in my life to be that way. I hope and pray that my sisters who live with guilt every day, simply for being themselves, can find their way to a life filled with more happiness and less guilt. Life is way too short.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Fredrick: Would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
    Igor: And you won't be angry?
    Fredrick: I will *not* be angry!
    Igor: Abby Someone.
    Fredrick: Abby Someone. Abby Who?
    Igor: Abby Normal.
    Fredrick: Abby Normal.
    Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Courtesy of Mel Brooks from the movie "Young Frankenstein". And by the way, that's pronounced Fronk-en-steen.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 07-04-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

When you realize there's nothing to be ashamed of to begin with,there's no fuel for the guilty feelings.

I like to think that all aspects of my personality make me who I am today.Cding is one of those attributes and I never have to feel abnormal or guilty about the qualities I value.

Almost every day I wish that I was either 100% male or 100% female. It would soooooooo much easier than the life that I live today.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Stephens View Post
    Almost every day I wish that I was either 100% male or 100% female. It would soooooooo much easier than the life that I live today.
    [SIZE="3"] Half empty or half full, this is not a curse but a blessing, I would not want to be a guy not knowing what I know. My insite into what women have to go thru in live being a women has made me a better human being. Gone are the days of stereotype gender, the man being the provider, hunter, defender, there are some strong women in the world, and some of us that just want to be seen as women. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I AM normal. I AM free of guilt. It's the rest of the world that needs to get it's act together.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I was scolded by one member, so I better be careful about using terms like 'normal'. I express only how I view my own situation-not wish to judge others or paint them with a wide brush. I think, though, that most inferred what I was driving at and have some similar thoughts.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Kelly View Post
    Half empty or half full, this is not a curse but a blessing
    Blessing? Yes, of course it is. That's why there's so much shame, and why so many hide their cd-ing and also why so many marriages end in divorce.