Quote Originally Posted by AmiFL View Post
I have been looking at everyone's profile and noticed an interesting common denominator. A lot of us here read sci-fi. I happen to love it too.
Interesting! But is it really because crossdressers read sci-fi more than others do? Or is it simply because there are lots and lots of sci-fi readers and some of us are also some of them?

I read someplace, but don't really know if it is true, that more contemporary sci-fi readers are women rather than men. Is this true?

Certainly in the "old days" of sci-fi it was definitely a guy read, but has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiFL View Post
I could fill the page with authors names that i like. However everyone here should pick up the "Sex Gates" by Darrell Bain. It is a series of stories about gates that appear all over the world. Passing through one changes a person's sex. Sometimes permenantly, sometimes reversible. An interesting read.
I went to Amazon to order it and found that there were two different versions.

One appears to be part of a trilogy, with a cover that looks like this:

The other is supposed to be the "orginal version" :

"This is the Sex Gates novel as originally written by Darrell Bain alone. It has a completely different ending, and it contains one more major character and several more supporting ones. In this original version, all questions are answered and all issues resolved in this one book. It is being published now in response to all the fan mail and interest the trilogy generated?and continues to generate. The Sex Gates has already become a science fiction cult classic and this book should be a significant addition to the sex gates universe."

That cover seems to look like this:

Do you recommend one over the other?