Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was I read, or checked out?

I think Reine has it absolutely right.

The ony thing I'd suggest is to slow down your walk a bit and try to walk with your head up more, at times you're slouching a bit, and that tends to look a bit more masculine.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    .... ok... this is a subject near and dear to many hearts and minds here. The whole concept of being clocked or read and how to avoid it is rather complex and also rather "loaded".

First, as many above have said, please do not let being read "break the spell" for you. You need to relax more than that! In fact, one of the most effective things you can do to "pass" is to relax and just act normal ( which it appears you do in the vid). Want a good brain teaser: why do GG's almost always "pass" ??

Now there is an important thing to consider - and do not let this slow you down - you will likely be "read" every time you go out. Especially in public places that are well lit or day time. The thing is, most of the time there isn't a visable reaction and so you do not know it. Just because you go out and no one reacts in a way that you see, doesn't mean they do not notice you or clock you. Being accepted as just another person is a better goal, and in doing that ... you'll pass more. It is the zen thing and although it sounds wacky, it is true.

Did he check you out or read you ? No way on earth to tell in that vid. Too far away and he really just glanced backwards at you, who knows why ? Really, even if the vid was closer etc... still don't know unless he says something or gets that "oh my gawd Mable ... look there" look on his face. Alternately, sometimes you'll get addressed and find out ( "excuse me sir ....") I wouldn't worry about it, or try and read too much into it. Just enjoy the day and your experiences.

Love the boots by the way

Charlene
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Just dropping in a quick thank you reply and will get back in more detail Wednesday, it is getting a bit late now here 11.41pm time for bed.

But must really add a very big thanks, I really appreciate the "critical" comments, and all the encouragement, they both work well together.

Sophie.

Silver Member
    who can tell---Maybe both?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

ya know, if you look at the women in the white jacket and jeans, he is checking her out also, so I think he was just checking out women on his way into the store. He was checking you out. I probable would have done the same :-)
    Vash
    24th Century Grande Dame

sophie
    were you not dress as a female, so do not men look at females
    i for one do especial if she has a nice skirt or top on, and if
    they have nice legs.

you have not been read but check out girl.

carolyn xx

Watching the video carefully I would say the glance was too short to be reading you, more just a double take at a pretty girl well dressed. As a guy we all do that!

Hmm. I check girls out all the time, but move my eyes not my head

I'd say he wasn't sure. Most guys I know will look when they see a skirt, with their eyes or their head depending on their confidence. If it were me, and I wasn't sure 100% that you were a girl, I'd do my best to keep to myself. So either he's a very macho guy that don't give a sh** about your feelings, or he was checking you out.

And btw, I think that in some sense you got the "shy girl" thing down. You looked too nervous in your hands. I thought you blended in well by touching your hair - girls do that. But I'll admit that your nose, shoulders, hands, and some not obvious things are noticeable, if I concentrate. But in a city where we're moving around fast and keeping mostly to ourselves, we're not going to notice those kinds of things. I'd give you a b+ for costume and courage and form.

Please note I'm not an expert. Just another nobody. But I'm trying! I watched your other videos on you tube and have to say that i probably would have checked you out a couple times too. I can imagine scenarios where you would pass.

Like some others have said here, don't get too caught up on this notion that you need to pass. On inspection, most people will notice. You can't win em all! I understand you probably do this for the enjoyment factor. Have fun!
    Last edited by gemsay32; 11-11-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Smile

Congrats on obtaning that level most of us can only dream about,
    just getting out in public is a very hard chore for those of us at 50+ years, 6ft, 200+ pounds.
    You do so well and even get a gent to turn and check you out.

Enjoy the high while you can.

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    Video was a great idea. You outfits were great, you looked great. He was checking you out cause he looked down. Maybe admiring the boots, since you were the only one wearing them. Overall, great video, great look, great boots, and great everything.

I think he checked you out. He might have wondered, but it was too quick for him to 'know'. I say good job!

Now, what is the song that was playing and why is everyone driving on the wrong side of the road??

It's hard to tell if he or anyone else read you unless you ask them.

Thank you everyone for your comments and encouragement.

A few notables.

Reine and Ruth

Thank you, your insight is very valuable

Sarah

Don't define your outings on whether you feel like you've been "read". The thing is, you'll never know for sure. That is why passing is such a poor choice of wording for what we're trying to accomplish.
    Thank you, I have conversed at length in the past about passing and what it means to me, and the "spell".
    While I am out as Sophie, for as long as it lasts, that is who I am, Sophie and female, and it takes an incredible amount of effort and practice to get where I am now, and I admit still plenty to do, but the more I pass, the more I enjoy just being Sophie, and in a nutshell, when read, I then become a man in women's clothing. As time has gone on Sophie and the male me have become two quite separate entities and I do enjoy being one or the other.

Ineta

Just do not grimmace
    Yes, that is one I have worked on for years, and still have not got it.

Carol.

The ony thing I'd suggest is to slow down your walk a bit and try to walk with your head up more, at times you're slouching a bit, and that tends to look a bit more masculine.
    Yes, another area that I have worked on for years and still not got it.

Charlene

Alternately, sometimes you'll get addressed and find out ( "excuse me sir ....")
    That would really finish me off, on a good note though I have been called "Love" (a term of endearment here in the UK) quite a few times when being served by male assistants and that does feel great.

gemsay32

I'll admit that your nose, shoulders, hands
    You can't win em all!
    Yes, by far my worst features from a female point of view.

Loni

Congrats on obtaning that level most of us can only dream about,
    just getting out in public is a very hard chore for those of us at 50+ years, 6ft, 200+ pounds.
    You do so well and even get a gent to turn and check you out.

Enjoy the high while you can.
    As well as having "worst" features, I do have some positive ones that I am aware of.

I am 5ft 8" 10 stone (140pounds) 28" waist and size 6 shoes.

The last part of your message means a lot to me, at age 51, the "school mom" look will not survive much longer.

girlyj

Now, what is the song that was playing and why is everyone driving on the wrong side of the road??
    The song is Deep by Binocular, as for driving on the wrong side of the road, we all do it over here, I just do what everyone else does, seems to work.

Again with a great deal of warm thanks, to everyone, no offence has been taken, and I hope non given in my replies.

Sophie.

With those killer boots on Im surprised you didn't cause an accident in that parking lot.

I would say definitely checking you out as I might have too, women wearing long boots like that tend to get a second look from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I think Reine has it absolutely right.

Carol

I concur, slow down a bit and try to ignore the camera. Focus on being a lady, while observing what's around you (always, safety first) relax, smile and maybe even wink at that guy when you see him next!

JO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!