Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visit with the DR.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

Visit with the DR.

Well like so many others, I had an office visit to my Doctor today and I had it in my head that I was going to bite the bullet and continue to wear my panties while their for a physical (knowing I would be exposed) so as I was getting ready to leave I had picked out a very plain pair of black panties with no bows or lace Just the word Jockey. Well anyways I chickened out at the last minute and quickly changed into a colorful pair of mens briefs (yuck) well upon changing I just happened to notice that I had the markings of a band going around my upper chest. Ok so if you haven't figured it out It was from my BRA. A perfect mark all the way around. What is a girl to do (nothing) but a closeted crossdresser (panic) But I went anyways hoping that it would go away before I had to remove my shirt. Well now that I built you up here is what happened. Nothing he didn't say a word about the marks, absolutely nothing. What he was more interested in was why I shaved my pubic area and legs. (never even crossed my mind) So I just told him I like to feel clean and I don't like body hair. So I shave. and he says to me that he is seeing so many men lately that are shaving that he just might have to try it. LOL I mentioned that my wife enjoys me being shaved which of course I was fibbing. So anyways I started to panic over the obvious markings left by my bra (which normally I enjoy seeing) So if your thinking about wearing your panties to the Doctor don't forget about your bra, and of course remember your hairless body too. Maybe nest time I will bite the bullet and just go the way I like to dress. I mean I am a grown man and a growing woman, shouldn;t I be able to do what I want to do and wear what I want to wear. Acceptance is what I want, but exposure is what I fear. Thanks for reading, and good luck to us all.

I are being awesome :) Brittany North's Avatar
    Hee hee, I booked a doc visit next week and was thinking about the same things.

Doctors are just people, but I would think they've seen everything under the sun. I doubt much would surprise them.
    ~britt~

Only in silence the word,
    only in dark the light,
    only in dying life:
    bright the hawk's flight
    on the empty sky

Smile

My fear is not from the dr or his nurses or staff.

But under obamacare, All medical files will be posted to a web site. and there probley is a check mark, or something like a file to befilled out when a cd is seen.
    Just another way to stomp down on people.
    Any gov that is runamuck, will use All info to do this to people, history has proven this many a time.

Yea-sure I do have a tripple thick tin hat.
    And another one that is so cute :-)

bras and panties

youare right keri we are grown men trying to be happy as we are as of the doctor he has seen it all by now

There are so many ways to be flagged by the gov. today just don't worry about it, enjoy yourself. When the time comes and they want to hassle us then we will worry about it then.

Hugs,
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    My fear is not from the dr or his nurses or staff.

But under obamacare, All medical files will be posted to a web site. and there probley is a check mark, or something like a file to befilled out when a cd is seen.
    Just another way to stomp down on people.
    Any gov that is runamuck, will use All info to do this to people, history has proven this many a time.

Yea-sure I do have a tripple thick tin hat.
    And another one that is so cute :-)

or the refusal for care because of how it is perceived.

Can we please not get into politicos here

Re: Loni and Obamacare.
    Please, please, please. We all have our opinions and I look to these forums for refuge from the BS. I have been in medicine, cancer specifically (very confidential) for 15 years and the idea that our medical records are going to be on 'a website' is ludicrous, I will practice restraint on that one. But even if you feel the need to spread fear, please dont start with the Dem/Repub/Lib/Con talk. I cant take it anymore, please stop. Thank you.
    Happiness is a choice.

And in that vein, Keri...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    ...What he was more interested in was why I shaved my pubic area and legs. (never even crossed my mind) So I just told him I like to feel clean and I don't like body hair. So I shave. and he says to me that he is seeing so many men lately that are shaving that he just might have to try it. LOL I mentioned that my wife enjoys me being shaved which of course I was fibbing. So anyways I started to panic over the obvious markings left by my bra (which normally I enjoy seeing) So if your thinking about wearing your panties to the Doctor don't forget about your bra, and of course remember your hairless body too...
    ...here's a reminder that we older CD's here need to be mindful of the fact that as we age, while we start to lose hair in some parts of our bodies, we also sprout new ones in other parts e.g. the nose and ears. Keeping an eye on those unruly hairs and trimming them on a regular basis before they start to become obvious is a must in enhancing our ability to pass or blend in. Almost as important as taming that dreaded "blue shadow"...

Silver Member
    It is always very impolite to spring your "secret" on anyone, including your doctor, by just showing up "dressed". TALK to your doctor first. TELL your doctor. Don't just show up in panties and a bra expecting a reaction.

Your doctor has NO time to care a whit what you are wearing. Ten to fifteen minutes per patient is ALL they are allowed by the insurance companies. If you want your doctor to know, tell him/her. Really guys, the way to communicate is by talking. TALK to your doctor. TALK to your wife. TALK to your family.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferishappy View Post
    Please, please, please. We all have our opinions and I look to these forums for refuge from the BS. I have been in medicine, cancer specifically (very confidential) for 15 years and the idea that our medical records are going to be on 'a website' is ludicrous, I will practice restraint on that one. But even if you feel the need to spread fear, please dont start with the Dem/Repub/Lib/Con talk. I cant take it anymore, please stop. Thank you.
    Double AMEN to that, Jen.

The only way I want to hear from any of the squawking-head political pundits here is if they're wearing to-die-for outfit, in which case I will look and admire.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonRenee View Post

The only way I want to hear from any of the squawking-head political pundits here is if they're wearing to-die-for outfit, in which case I will look and admire.
    OK, fine. But only with earplugs in!!! You are too funny.
    Happiness is a choice.

I told my doctor straight up about Sally. This can have an impact on my state of mind and moods, which is one of the things we are working on with medication. Also, if this was to go further than I plan, I have my GP onboard already.
    Sally

Spreading false fear is VERY bad. However, the provision that ALL medical practioners must submit ALL medical records to the federal government -- even if the service was not paid for by the government -- is part and parcel of the the "American Reinvestment and Recovery Act" a.k.a. the "Stimulus Bill" that was passed while Dub was president and supported by both McCain and Obama.

To date, there have been no case law tests of the requirements and it is to be seen as to whether those provisos will be found to be either Constitutional or enforceable. However, given the activist stance of Federal Courts since the early 40's, I would be more than surprised if the requirements were overturned.

So.......

Now you know.....

I get my six month checkups at my local VA hospital. I've worn panties at least three times in the past two years and haven't heard a word from anybody. My provider is a nurse/practitioner and has probably seen it all. Anyway, she's pretty cool.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Did my yearly check up with my VA Dr yesterday. I wore a pair of black pinstriped joe boxer panties. With not a problem with the Dr I had taken my polish off my toes but still had traces also no problem.

kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I always wear panties and pantyhose to the doctor. And have been shaved for over 10 years.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferishappy View Post
    Please, please, please. We all have our opinions and I look to these forums for refuge from the BS. I have been in medicine, cancer specifically (very confidential) for 15 years and the idea that our medical records are going to be on 'a website' is ludicrous, I will practice restraint on that one. But even if you feel the need to spread fear, please don't start with the Dem/Repub/Lib/Con talk. I cant take it any more, please stop. Thank you.
    I couldn't agree with Jen more.

What does your particular anti {enter the name of the politician you love to hate here} crusade have to do with the reason we use these forums? Nothing!

By all means have your own political views, but don't ram them down our throats.

If I want party politics, I'll go to a political meeting and won't expect them to tell me how to dress.

If I want to discuss my cross-dressing, I'll come here and don't expect to be told how you vote (or not).
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Silver Member

ditto---I work in Washington DC, near the capital, and can see that kind of thing every day on the mall--that BS gets very very old quickly
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Focus people, this thread is not about Democrats, Republicans or Obama. It is about wearing lingerie when seeing your doctor. Leave your politics at the door.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Silver Member
    For those of you who worry about your medical records, let me say that I actually WORK in healthcare. Privacy is something that the government takes VERY seriously. We get several hours of in-service training on this EVERY year. There are posters and instructions posted everywhere in every medical facility about protecting patients privacy.

The fine for a FIRST offence of misusing patient infortmation is $250,000. The government and the healthcare industry take this VERY seriously.

Be more afraid of the information available about your shopping habits and your internet surfing history than the misuse of your health records. There is already a booming industry set up to track your shopping history and your commercial likes and disikes and where you go on the internet.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 11-20-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling

I don't worry about it. The very rare times I go see any kind of doctor, nail polish and panties come with me. Yes, sometimes they take a 2nd look at my toe nails but I think they are just jealous that they aren't wearing any.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had a complete physical three weeks ago and never thought about it until this thread. The doctor never said a word and that was at the VA.

Interesting stories. This has me thinking a little. Maybe i will make this my next step, out!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    It is always very impolite to spring your "secret" on anyone, including your doctor, by just showing up "dressed". TALK to your doctor first. TELL your doctor. Don't just show up in panties and a bra expecting a reaction.

Your doctor has NO time to care a whit what you are wearing. Ten to fifteen minutes per patient is ALL they are allowed by the insurance companies. If you want your doctor to know, tell him/her. Really guys, the way to communicate is by talking. TALK to your doctor. TALK to your wife. TALK to your family.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Well my proverbial cat is way out of the bag…
    During one of my recent surgeries (I've had 6 in the last 5 years for cancer, gallbladder, by-pass, and a few other things) One of the prep nurses saw my crotch was shaved and just said "procedure or preference?" I replied the latter of course

And now I'm seeing a therapist for my "transgender" issues with Evie I've had to talk to my GP, cardiologist, and oncologist about the effects of hormones (should I decide to go that route) on a 58 year old body with my medical history

The good news? they all agreed it was OK… (if I so chose to go that road…)

I'm not worried about doctor confidentiality, but one time when going to the chiropractor while he was massaging and adjusting my back he rubbed a few fingers across the bra strap mark. I think he realized what it was and never said a word.