Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever watch a TV show to see what the GG's wore?

Did you ever watch a TV show to see what the GG's wore?

My wife was watching this show on HGTV, they were fixing houses and one of the GG's was wearing gold thong sandals. I think there is nothing more feminine then wearing sandals that are gold or silver. I had to watch the show just to see more shots of her sandals. I didn't care about the show.

Does anyone else watch shows they are not interested in seeing, just to see what the girls are wearing?

Misty

Grammys,Oscars,Golden Globes...........LOVE all the beautiful GGs and their DRESSES !
    " If the dress fits..."

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I always hit the web the morning after the award shows to see the great gowns. I doubt I'll ever be able to wear anything like them but OMG it's great to think about being able to.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I like to watch NCIS to see what Abbey is going to wear.

Teri

Wheel of Fortune

I love to see what Vanna is wearing. And I love to watch "What not to wear" with Stacy London and her partner.

All the time. Sometimes for movies too, ill pick one based on what the female characters are wearing on the cover of the movie box.

Smile

Oh yes indeed, I notice what women in tv as well as movies. Now if only I looked as good as they do.

i like to watch tv shows for that, this way i can figure out a more "casual" look so when i get all dressed i dont look too much like im trying to stand out

[SIZE="2"]OMG Misty, all the time. I try to look in on The Weather Channel every weekday evening to see what Nicole Mitchell is wearing, I think she is soooo cute!!!
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Everytime I turn on the TV I'm checking what the GGs are wearing. It's a big reason I got into Friends as Racheal has the best wardrobe.
    In the UK there is a show called countdown and I always tune in to see what Racheal Riley is wearing.
    Also Emelia Foxx is hot on Silent Witness and she has a sexy, understated style

I never have. But I often wish I had some of the dresses I've seen on some shows.
    Angie

truth be told... I always check out what the women on the Today Show are wearing. It's great to see a middle-aged woman (Meredith) wearing nice skirts and boots. It seems as though I don't see that in real life much; most everyone I see is wearing jeans and sneakers.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Absolutely, The awards shows come to mind even as I'm watching the morning shows with the Grammies red carpet photos right now. But my preferences run to the 50's early 60's period movies and TV shows such as Mad Men.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Yes. I watch a show call ‘What not to wear”. I only watch it to see the clothes and the shoes. Kiss Sandra

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I love the local weather woman in the Boston area.
    I love to see what dresses and skirtsuits they're wearing.
    Seeing them in the morning is a great way to start the day!

I don't purposely tune in for that but when I am watching a show I check the gals' hairstyles to see if they might work for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by il.dso View Post
    Yes, I love the local weather woman in the Boston area.
    I love to see what dresses and skirtsuits they're wearing.
    Seeing them in the morning is a great way to start the day!
    Did you hear about the Pete Brouchard thing? Talking about snow, he said somewhere would get nine inches, "almost as big as himself". Sheesh!

Anyway I don't tend to watch things I don't enjoy for the clothes, but there are a lot of shows I DO watch that have outfits I like.

Strike that, I glance in when my wife is watching The View sometimes. I hate Elisabeth's politics but adore her wardrobe

I don't necessarily tune in just for that, but I will pay particularly close attention to what the GG's in the shows I am watching are wearing. I also watch for mannerisms. It is amazing how much you can learn by watching GG's in action. Lately I have been trying to walk properly, so I have been paying particular attention to how the women walk on these shows. I have noticed that truthfully, there is not a "proper" way to walk. Some women walk like we have been taught as CD's (lead with the hips, one front in front of the other, small steps, etc...), but I have noticed that other quite feminine women actually walk like guys (lead with the knees, side to side motion). The shows also give you a good idea of what items you can put together as an outfit. What Not To Wear is an awesome show. I love Stacy and Clinton, and Stacy is an excellent example of proper fashion that is classy without being homely. On TLC .com, the style tips on the WNTW page are excellent!

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Picking up tips

I find myself looking at their clothes more but esp. the face and makeup. I'm trying to decide what looks good and what doesn't and asking myself,"How would that look on me?"
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I don't watch shows just to see what the girls are wearing, but I do pay good attention to what they are wearing and how they wear it. I also luv checking out how the girls do their makeup. Some shows that I enjoy watching and gives me a good sense of fashion are melrose place, keeping up the kardashians, gossip girls.
    Mimi Lee

Everytime I turn the TV on!

Every show I watch, lately its been say yes to the dress. I would love to be fitted for a beatiful wedding gown

Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune.As often as I can. She wears her gowns and dresses sooooooooooo well. I also watch Jeopardy but for other reasons.No offence Alex.

My Favourite Show

I love to watch "Dancing With The Stars". The Dresses are wonderful. I always wonder what those dresses would look like on me.

All the time!
    Sometimes when watching beautiful weather-presenters I get hung up on what they are wearing, how they are keepingtheir hair are and so on.
    When the presentation is over I have no clue what the weather is gonna be like hehe.