Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever watch a TV show to see what the GG's wore?

I don't really pick shows for that purpose but tune in very closely to what the GGs are wearing. I recently watched that show MAD MEN for the first time. Lord the females looked great! Well actually the men did too. Fashion back then in the early 60s was very cool.

I later got on the web and looked up the show. They had pics of the cast at some awards show....holy cow! I was shocked at how much better everyone looked while on the show all dressed in retro fashion as opposed to the sloopy fashions of today. Was really jarring.

I watch the "Price is Right". The women are beautiful and I want almost everything they wear.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I love "What Not to Wear" too. Very helpful for what helps with different body types. they have had tomboys on. On regular TV I watch just about every woman that comes on for clothing and what it means as far as what the character is. Costumers connect clothes and meaning in what the character stands for. You can learn a lot about people that way....Dee

Platinum Member
    Only all the time.

Orchid

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    What not to Wear shoudl be everyone most watched show as they will tell you how to dress your body type. You can see all ofthe latest fashions and how they come together. Love it.

Yes. Are there other reasons to be watching network TV or cable channels other than Discovery and The History Channel? Incidentally, there's a definite shortage of GG's demonstrating wilderness survival or working in pawn shops or crab boats. Though there is one trucking on the ice road now.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra diaz View Post
    Yes. I watch a show call ‘What not to wear”. I only watch it to see the clothes and the shoes. Kiss Sandra
    I LOVE What Not To Wear...so I can see what I *should* wear :P

I usually dont watch The Spanish Networks Univision or Telemundo but once in a while I like to check on what kind of clothes and shoes are wearing the female anchors of several shows I think they have more freedon on what kind of clothes they can wear than the females of the big networks

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Now I even watch TV to see what the drag queens wear.

Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Christina66 View Post
    I glance in when my wife is watching The View sometimes. I hate Elisabeth's politics but adore her wardrobe
    I agree. I luv watching The View. I hate the show but I like to see what Elizabeth is wearing as well. She always has some great outfits on. Not to mention the cutest shoes. Plus she is a girl around our age. So it allows me to get some style ideas.

Another one is Live with Regis and Kelly. I can't stand the show but Kelly is always dressed well and is always wearing really high heels.

I do not recall ever watching a TV show just to catch the clothes. Maybe the Emmys can be the exception.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I have started re-watching "The Nanny" on Nick At Nite. Fran's got that loud & gaudy taste that I like!

I have also been Know to watch What Not to Wear, and glance at the Today show. I have also been known to watch Ghost Whisperer just to see what Jennifer Love Hewitt has on. She has cute outfits though a little young for me.

I love watching soaps. Girls are always well dressed and I often wish I could wear all of the stuff I see on these shows and TV in general.

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    I have also been Know to watch What Not to Wear, and glance at the Today show. I have also been known to watch Ghost Whisperer just to see what Jennifer Love Hewitt has on. She has cute outfits though a little young for me.
    I do the same regarding JLH!
    And I don`t even like Ghost Whisperer haha

Quote Originally Posted by josie_S View Post
    I LOVE What Not To Wear...so I can see what I *should* wear :P
    Me 2 & more !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I live on the south shore of Massachusetts
    Definitely it seems like thats all i watch tv for lately, I love Ann Curry on the today show and Kelly Ripa on reg and kelly and also the local tv news shows especially on fox in boston between Cindy and Kim in the morning and Maria at night they have some of the best outfits. on 7 in the evening you have Frances Rivera and Kim Khazei who you always see standing shots so you can see the whole outfit right down to the shoes. Thank god for DVR i would be lost without it
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]I dont want anyone else but when I think of you I touch myself

RuPaul's Drag Race

Oh, hang on...

Some of them do look great though!

Runway, QVC, Next Model, What Not to Wear, Style channel....the list goes on.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    I like to watch NCIS to see what Abbey is going to wear.

Teri
    Ditto. She dresses so sexy at times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Every show I ever watch on TV!

Faves: FoxNews: Jamie Colby, Margaret Hoover. Emme, Delta Burke. Kate Bilo, any country music video, the list seems endless...

Going back a bit I know, but I watched 'Dynasty' just to see what Linda Evans was wearing.
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    I'm always studying the women on movies, TV shows, commercials, local news broadcasts and so on. I look first at faces, eyebrows, lipstick and hair. Then, the outfit worn and the gestures. I listen to all the voices, trying to imagine me saying those words in that voice.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Once in awhile while channel surfing I stop & watch the Spanish soap operas for a few, most of the women have Fab make up. & naturally everyone should catch the Oscars ( tangent, they close off all of Hollywood Blvd. around there, the beginning of the walkway is out in the middle of the street ). Oh, and pay attention to what the actresses say: "I spent five hours getting ready" ( & people think we take a long time )
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Aspiring Member
    Some of the shows and movies that I wouldn't watch before my wife accepted me as a CD, I watch all the time now, especially when I know there's going to be nicely dressed women on them!!