Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crossdresser or Transvestite

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Rachael View Post
    I prefer bare legs. How do I stand in that situation?
    I usually find the best way to stand is on both feet
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Heels or flats?

Rachael
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Heels or flats?
    Preferably 4" stilettos, otherwise 3" wedges - flats are no fun, rather go barefoot (in warm weather of course)

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

I used to think TV was more a UK term, where as CD was a US or general worldly term for the same thing.
    However I think of myself as a crossdresser, it sounds much prettier and modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina2008 View Post
    I used to think TV was more a UK term, where as CD was a US or general worldly term for the same thing.
    However I think of myself as a crossdresser, it sounds much prettier and modern.
    "Modern." Is that just a polite way for a friend, 21 years my junior, to say that I'm a dinosaur. Dinosaurs! Maybe I'm a TV-Rex, even though "rex" means king, which got me to thinking. What were female Tyranosauri called?

Preferably 4" stilettos, otherwise 3" wedges - flats are no fun, rather go barefoot (in warm weather of course)
    Phew! That covers most of my shoes. Although I do have a couple of pairs with only 2.5" heels.

Rachael
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

"Modern." Is that just a polite way for a friend, 21 years my junior, to say that I'm a dinosaur. Dinosaurs! Maybe I'm a TV-Rex, even though "rex" means king, which got me to thinking. What were female Tyranosauri called?
    Tyrannosaurus Regina ?

Heels or flats?

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble

Phew! That covers most of my shoes. Although I do have a couple of pairs with only 2.5" heels.

Rachael
    I'm thinking of getting some Barefoot Sandals from eBay for the summer, other than that, when I am being me rather than "him", I don't wear anything below a 3" heel. I don't have any men's shoes at all - "he" has 1 pair with a 1" wedge to use as drabs.

I just like being Marla

The words mean the same. They just have different cultural connotations, hence why Eddie Izzard is happy to be TV... but then he was championing the cause before we heard about the CD label in the UK. Reading the posts, clearly there is an emotional context which relates either to a previously emphasised negative connotation of the TV expression, or a need to move on and claim a more modern view of the world.

I am happy to be whatever (or rather whoever) it is that I am. The need to classify and categorise is important for understanding, but it brings with it its own problems when subcategories arrive... but this is the nature of classification schema.

In the UK we used to have dustmen, but that was deemed demeaning, so we got refuse technicians... then they got outsourced!

Years ago I used to try to find ways to explain what I did when I was a Sales Rep for a Pharma company... then one guy hit between the eyes "I sell drugs!". Never looked back!

I wear women's clothes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I wear women's clothes...
    I don't any more, I now wear my clothes instead.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    [SIZE=4]AAArghhhh as the pirates say. CD and TV are very confusing terms to me, my view is that if you know you are male and like to wear women's clothes and go out or not in them, you would be either. I can't fathom the sexual aspect of it, but then how would I, since I am for sure FEMALE in the wrong body,and I dress female because I AM, sexual feelings have nothing to do with it for me. I also have female ID and have been employed three times as a gg, 2 times by the federal government for census work.

Crossing
    , a book by by Deidre McCloskey who began as a crossdresser and had a sexual aspect to her dressing; then had an epiphany and became transexual, going all the way even having 4 voice surgeries, and the colon type vaginal surgery plus breast implants, was very interesting but did not relate to my own journey.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Can I be a cross-vestite?

No? *pout* Okay, then.

It's just so hard for me to hear the word "transvestite" and not think of Rocky Horror, that my preference would probably go to "crossdresser". But only just.

I watched a show on this debate a great many year's ago "though I dont remember the name sadly" The "girl" Had gone thru transition and said she considered her self a trans-sexual and further went on to say that a transvestite or tranny was a male that lived as a female 24/7 365 with no intention or desire to actually become a female. And a crossdresser was a male that like to wear womans cloth's

I realize this will restart the debate but im just curies is that or was that ever right? Id see my self as a cd even if i was living 24/7
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Transvestite seems to bring up Rocky horror picture show and xcross dress to seems more in line with dressing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily L View Post
    Can I be a cross-vestite?

No? *pout* Okay, then.
    Why not? You can call yourself whatever you like.

Mind you, transdresser might be an apt label for us, as it could be misheard as transgressor. LOL

Rachael
    Rachel,

Transvestite here

I don't know but as far as i am concerned i am a transvestite. I enjoy looking as female as possible but do not want to become one. My dressing is fetishistic, mostly a dress and play.

Mmmmmmmmmm......tough one........I prefer crossdressing I think ..........the term transvestite has a tacky Rocky Horror esque vibe......to wear the other genders clothes is to crossdress and I think personally this best decribes what I enjoy doing.....or are we trying to be female impersonators but not in the drag queen persona...........I think I have confused myself !!!