Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking too many pictures?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I keep taking pics hopeing one day I will take a half decent shot,before losing the rag,then I have to do something femme to relax again.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I am a vain old cow when en femme, I love taking pics of myself. When I first started, I used to photoshop them, and take out all the wrinkles, and fix the make up mistakes. I was really impressed with the look, but as I got better at the make up, I did less photoshoping, and as a result, I was no longer looking at the rose tinted version, and seeing the reality. It was a bit of a downer for a few months, but as I got used to the real me, I was actually much happier with myself. I actually hate being photgraphed when in male mode, but over the last year I have become more relaxed with it, and have been able to project a bit of my inner self when being photographed, so my crossdressing has had that benefit. As for the number of pics I will take at one time, it is usually in the hundreds, but I never edit them en femme, that would just be a waste of femme time. I usually save that for the next day.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Yes of course do other things, but you should know that young GG's like to take pics of themselves. On a tangent, at the end of her life, Betty Page would look at her famous pics from her modeling days & say,"oh I never looked that good."
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Your only taking to many pics if your not enjoying yourself. Some people just like to dress and thats it, Others {Myself Included} Like to have photoshoots sometimes. Dressing is about enjoying yourself, So do whatever makes you happy. I myself, Take a lot of pictures. But half cause I like to and half cause I use them so see what Im doing wrong. How the flash makes my makeup look, Or how to better carry myself as a woman. So its really fun for me to not only take the pictures, But also to see just how much like a woman can I be.

So next time you dress up, ask yourself what it is that you really want to do. Then just enjoy the fact that your doing what you want while being Girly.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm not sure, Nicole!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Doc, I take videos too, but the still frame shots aren't very sharp. Maybe I need a video cam with higher resolution.
    About ten years ago, I began a scrap book for my favorite photos. I keep my scrap book with my femme stuff, so it doesn't increase my chance of getting busted. I have gotten lazy over the years, and just store my photos in the computer or on cd's or flash drives. I still enjoy looking at the scrap book and old images on the computer. I may update the scrapbook.

Does anyone else keep a scrapbook of their dressup photos?
    I purchased a new HD videocam over a year ago. I believe my pics r a bit better, but, so is my LITING now!
    Maybe u should work on your liting?

A problem with the new cam, it MUST be kept far away from me, to get my entire body in the frames!

I have a number of old scrap books with Sherry's pics in them, too. Because I used to DELETE all her photos while my older girl lived at home!
    I stopped that about 3 years ago, when I came out online! Now, I seem to keep EVERYTHING, and have MANY 1,000's of pics on my computer!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-22-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

i take to many too but do like to it helps me see what looks good and what i thought looked good on me at a later time .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pictures, did someone say pictures? Lol I have a weeks vacation leading into Memorial day holiday and plan to spend some of that time taking pictures of Diane. She just can't help herself!!

I'm kind of not tech smart. Would love to have some pics taken of Nancie but my SO is a little up tight with this. I did a short photo shoot at the Glamour Boutique in Vegas after having a make over and every now and than I pull them out and take a look and I love them.. Would love to take a video, maybe in the great outdoors. Trouble is, I like the dress up look, heels, nylons, full make up, the works. Will have to slowly work on my SO to maybe do this.

[QUOTE=Jenna Stun;2155711]Your only taking to many pics if your not enjoying yourself. QUOTE]

Jenna, great comment.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I think the only problem with taking lots of photos is the tendency to make that the focus of getting dressed. I started to worry more about finding the right backdrop and making sure I changed outfits as many times as I could. The photos were becoming the controling factor rather than just the enjoyment of getting en femme. Now I find that I'll dress a dozen or more times in between sessions where I take photos. Those are opportunities to relax, to try new combinations of things or do a little work around the house. I try to take a few photos when I get out with others. I like to document those moments because the time I share with them is special.

There is one other problem with a library of old photos. Now it's much to easy to see how much weight I have to lose.
    I agree with Sarah, sometime the need to take photos takes me over. Even though I have considerable freedom to dress from my spouse, she seems to imply sometimes that she can't understand my compulsoion to take photos.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Amanda View Post
    That's it? At my best (worst?) I would take up to 150-300 digital pics in one night! I had around 15 GB of pictures stored at a point....)
    What Amanda said covers my experience of this aswell. I've literally filled my camera some nights... only to upload the pictures and feel like I was still missing what I wanted.

Unhealthy... maybe... but its hard to say so if you find yourself smiling in 90% of the pictures So if you feel depressed afterwards... backoff... but if you're still full of steam and somewhere off in pink-space. I'd say its not bad... unless you're putting off homework or loved ones!
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    The joys of the digital age. In twenty five years I had two Photo's of Jane. In the past 15 years I have hundreds. It's great to look back at the Photos I have and a fantastic outlet to be able to share a few with the girls here.

I'm so vain

OMG pictures of Daviolin. I have probally 10,000 digital pictures and 24 hours of video. I love photoshoots and lip-sync videos. Like the title say's I'm so vain
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I do understand where you are coming from Jessica...

Since I finally accepted Kaz as being someone who isn't going away, I have tried to work on her a bit, and digital photos are great feedback... not sure about the mirror/photo test, but...

But yeah, so when I get a real chance to be Kaz, I want to photodocument it, and this starts to become the "raison d'etre". Sometimes when I have been staying away, I have actually woken up realising I didn't take any photos and actually felt "guilty"... it is like I lost the opportunity to capture the moment.

I think we just need a sense of balance. Posting pics here has helped me figure out who I am and what Kaz looks like... or should I say "can look like".... Like most of us I don't post the "bad" ones, but then my SO has spent a large chunk of her life getting rid of bad photos of her (some of which I liked!)... so we are all vain really!

But yeah, do we do it to take photos or to enjoy? Some of the best times I have had in the last month haven't been photographed... which is a shame as I would have liked to have shared... but then I wouldn't have enjoyed in the same way...

Kaz xx

There was a point where I wouldn't dress up without the goal of taking pictures.. I might have taken around a thousand pictures of myself all dressed up, and how many did I delete?? Absolutely none.. Obsessed??? I'd say so..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I take a lot of pics......& 95% get deleted!! lol

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrylee61 View Post
    I've been dressing all my life and in total, I think there may be about fifteen pictures of "moi". Interesting thing is that I'm a rather advanced prolific amature photographer.

Like I said, I guess I'm weird...

Kerry
    Actually, I'm exactly the same way.
    I never had an obsession with photographing myself.