Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inquiring minds want to know-Week 13

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    34) Why the seeming obsession with panties? All the threads about them?
    I think they're a symbol ~ something that separates the men from the women. But so are bras and slips so maybe it's the "unmentionable" aspect.

35) Having to do with your CD lifestyle are you for the most part happy? If not what would make you happier?
    For the most part, yes. But I'd like to be more open. Hiding is the hardest part. Not being able to share my trips out with my closest friends is hard.

36) Do you have bouts of depression or sadness because of CDing? Why do you think you do? What helps you? Is there anything we can do?
    See above. My wife, in response to an offer to show pictures says "I know what you look like." Well, she doesn't. She finds the idea of me telling people I CD "embarrassing" to her. So what can you do? Share this most intimate part of our personalities.

34) Not saying it is wrong I am just wanting to understand. Why the seeming obsession with panties? All the threads about them? I just do not get it.

For me its a very intimate and attractive piece of clothing for a woman. Theyre incredibly feminine and sexy, and can be worn anytime you choose for a subtle reminder.

35) Having to do with your CD lifestyle are you for the most part happy? If not what would make you happier?

I guess I'm happy. I enjoy dressing, but being GG would make me much happier

36) Do you have bouts of depression or sadness because of CDing? Why do you think you do? What helps you? Is there anything we can do?

I don't have depression because of CDing, rather I have a crushing depression because I wasn't born female. Not many girls understand it, so It's pretty hard to convey and/or explain

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    34) Not saying it is wrong I am just wanting to understand. Why the seeming obsession with panties? All the threads about them? I just do not get it.To me panties are the ultimate giveaway to feminine. between the gorgeous colors and the soft fabrics and the accessories such as lace and bows and little flowers what else could you wear more feminine, besides the matching bra to go with them.

I believe I am for the most part happy, in order for me to complete my happiness I would like to stop hiding all aspects of myself from family and friends. Those that can't accept I guess are not close enough for me to care about, However that is a bridge that once you begin the journey you have to continue across without knowing what is waiting for us.

36) Do you have bouts of depression or sadness because of CDing? Why do you think you do? What helps you? Is there anything we can do? Sadness yes, depression no the sadness is because I know that if I allowed myself to just be me I could be closer to the people who I cared about. I am responsible for how I feel because of my own fears of losing my family. The help would be for me having a fantasy of a real life and the thoughts that go with us everyday. what you can do is have an open heart and an open mind and see the good person that I am weather I am dressed as a man or a woman. preferably a woman because I feel like a better person when I do.

#34 panties mean nothing to me. I'm all about the social aspect.

#35, I would kill myself if I couldn't have my other side.

#36, just accept. As along as we are dedicated to our partners, that's all that matters..... I can't speak for everyone but i try to satisfy those beyond myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    34) Not saying it is wrong I am just wanting to understand. Why the seeming obsession with panties? All the threads about them? I just do not get it.
    Can't help you there as those thread annoy me too.

What would make me happier? How about a bigger closet and more stuff to put in it?!
    Just teasing! Yes, I am reasonably happy. . .

This question is touching. If you ask me, THIS is a significant difference between most male and females. Here you have the chance to ask anything you want, and you choose to ask what you can do to make our lives better. Who ever submitted this question, I owe you a hug.
    Yes, I have often suffered serious bouts of depression. The bad news is that I wouldn't claim to understand it myself and so am hardly in any position to advise you on how to help make it better. In the end, a simple hug and an honest and sincere "I love you" tends to make everything at least a little better. . .

34) Love womens panties for as long as I can remember. Like alot of us have said already, it was the easiest thing to slip into when I was a kid and it felt soooooo good. Boy's underwear are useless. No comfort at all. The boxer shorts are even more useless than the standard boy's underware.
    I have wondered what would have happened if the panties had been REAL
    uncomfortable? Would the CDing come to an abrupt halt.???? I really don't think so, because than came the bra.
    35) I have never been happy with my CDing. With my first wife, I told her
    but she did not want any part of it and wanted me to see a "counselor" who
    would, in her mind, fix me. I have been totally afraid to tell my second wife
    for fear of breaking up. We are both getting way up in age and I feel that
    its best left alone. I do underdress almost every day and I pray that this will
    continue to satisfy me.
    36) Because of the above reasons, I do have bouts of sadness and depression. My SO does see them on occasion and will ask me whats wrong.
    I'll just say that "its no big thing, just a bout of the blues or whatever".
    The only thing that would help me would be for her to know about me and
    somehow understand and allow me to be "my femme self" and even maybe
    go out with me dressed and go shopping or something. This will never happen. Thanks, ladies, for understanding and the questions.
    Karen

I wish I knew the answer to that question too

yes for the most part I am happy but thats because I am now a lot more comfortable going out and about

There have been times in the past but then it was a lot more difficult to obtain information. I still have times of sadness but not too often
    Being able to talk about it is usually helpful
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Week 13

I do not feel that I have an obsession with panties, I wera femme panties almost all of the time, because I find them much more comfortable than man pants, and they don't have those hideous fly openings.

Yes I am happy with my cd lifestyle, I could be happier but only if I still had my darling late wife to share this lifestyle with.

No I do not suffer depression when dressed. BUT I do have bouts of depression and sadness when in male mode

Formerly Deborah Whitney

Yeah, I don't get this, either. I mean, underwear is underwear.

I'm mostly happy. I could be happier having been born a female, I think.... can't say for sure though, that'd be an entire lifetime of differences.
    I don't have depression, more of an "angst" feeling I guess you'd call it. I probably should have been a girl, but I value my family and friends too much to lose them over this. Not sure there's anything anyone except myself can do about it.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    34. I do not have an obsession with panties! They are feminine, and as an active CD I wear them all the time!

35. I am very happy with my CD lifestyle, although I wish my late wife was still here to share it with me.

36. The only sadness I have is because of the loss of my dear wife!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member

Two ways of looking at your question. The threads? I don't get it either. Not something I care to discuss. But obsession? Depends on your definition. I do have more than I have of drab underwear. Now I hope that is the only time I post about panties.

I do it to be happy. So yes I am. Do I have room for improvement of looks and doing more? Certainly. But that doesn't take away my happiness for what I am doing now.

No. I CD because I want to and it makes me happy (see #35). If it made me depressed or sad, I wouldn't do it. I just don't believe in going through life not happy. There are bad things that go wrong in my life. But I choose to not let those things monopolize my time and feelings.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    #1Honestly dont think im at all Obdsessed with Panties,of course I love to wear them but obsessed,no

#2Am very Happy with my CD lifestyle

#3Don't have bouts as such,but do at times hate the thought of getting older,wondering how long Ive got left to enjoy my girlie life,these thoughts don't last long though
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Maybe I shouldbn't have answered ....

34) Not saying it is wrong I am just wanting to understand. Why the seeming obsession with panties? All the threads about them? I just do not get it. As obsessions go, I prefer bras

35) Having to do with your CD lifestyle are you for the most part happy? If not what would make you happier? Right now, with the life (and SO) I have, there is nothing that could possibly make me happier.

36) Do you have bouts of depression or sadness because of CDing? Why do you think you do? What helps you? Is there anything we can do?Not any more. Once I found out that my SO was ok with it and she saw that it made me happy and thus encouraged it, then all my sadness melted away.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Panties?? Bras!

34) Why the seeming obsession with panties? All the threads about them? I just do not get it.

I'm not really obsessed with panties, but I like them. To me, putting them on is WAY different than men's briefs--they are very feminine. Nothing makes me feel more feminine than wearing a bra!

Yes, happy.

Nope
    Thanks for asking!

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar

I dont get the panty threads either.

Somewhat happy. I only get "Girl Time" one day a month, and would love to have more time. But with family, business, and life in general standing in the way its tough to get more ME time. Obviously more Girl time would make me happier.

I used to get depressed from time to time, but being able to talk openly with my wife about it now has really helped with that more than I could even imagine. She has become more tollerant and somewhat accepting and its made our relationship better as well as helped with my depression. I do get a little depressed sometimes, but only about a tenth of what it used to be. Of course a little shopping or girl time helps.

That being said, be VERY sensitive to your wife, dont overload her with the CD stuff, take baby steps and hopefully it will work out. It has taken almost 4 years for our relationship to grow around the CD issue, just be patient and take your time for your wifes sake.
    Erika Leigh

Sometimes. I think it has to do with keeping it a secret from people I care about. As a by product I still haven't 100% accepted who I am. Acceptance from the few who I know helps. Maybe just an affirmation that you embrace them fully would help...
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

We have more questions from our GG's thanks for joining in everyone!

Week 13

The sensual and I love the feeling of nylon, satin, silk. What is all the more I love being and playing the feminine role? Having been the man the husband in the relationship I would love to play and be the "Wife" in the relationship ~ that is to say I would not mind being the submissive and "wife" of the relationship.

And there are many women who would not mind being playing the more dominant role. The more controlling role in the relationship ~ they just want to do so without their DH playing a sissy-submissive role. They want their men to play the subservient and submissive role while still presenting as a fully masculine role in public and to friends and family?

My LTR GF and I broke up and her last marriage broke up because she "wanted it all her way" ~ yet she couldn't deal with my being TG?

She wanted it both ways?

Yes!

1. Communication!

2. Communication!

3. Communication!

4. Understanding!

5. Accepance!

6. Communication

7. Communication

8. Communication

Aspiring Member
    Why do we like panties?????? Why do we like panties???
    Have you looked at a panty rack in a store lately?
    The thongs and bikinis and hip hugger panties are made to enhance the most private of female parts and they do it very well. Victorias Secret spends thousands maybe millions on advertising their pretty panties. Mfrs make them as sexy as they possibly can and overcharge for a minute piece of fabric which we, in our pink fog, induced by the ads, are eager to pay.
    I can't say that I have ever responded to a panty thread but I have fantisized about being that alluring female in those skimpy panties. Understand that when a VS model on tv walks down the runway in a pretty thong or bikini panty, exactly half the world falls in love with her. In fact it may be more than half although my wife would not be included.
    Why do we love panties??? I wouldn't want VS and the rest to waste all that advertising money. I must do my patriotic duty and love 'em too.
    SheriM

For me, it is just utility...they hold certain things in place and male underwear is too bulky to wear under tight clothing. As a male, they look sexy on a woman because they are shaped to accentuate her curves, so that follows through to CDing if you want to appear as femine as possible.

Not sure, maybe I don't see it CDing as a big deal and I wish someone I know would encourage it.

Feeling depressed is all about knowing how to deal with your feelings. I would not say CDing causes it. But, to help someone who is depressed, don't change how you interact with them...you need to know you are still normal, but encourage them to get out and get active. Let them do things that they have enjoyed in the past.
    Chickie

Week 13 answers...

I don't understand them ether... I'm more of a "bra" person when it comes to obsessions. Oh, and shoes.... loooove high heals! And tight fem jeans... and lipstick... Just not really obsessed with panties though...

In general no . But that just has to do with the lack of opportunities to dress up. Otherwise I've learned to (mostly...) accept and enjoy being myself, and that includes being a CDer. Make me happier? Give me the time and money to dress up once a month... Heck, I'd be happy with once a quarter...

Again, what few moments of sadness (I'm generally an upbeat person...) I do get, do to being a CDer, has to do with lack of opportunities. What helps? Buy a know pair of fem jeans or a new bra! Shoes are a good pick-me-upper too! And then dress up in them! How can you help? See my answer above about time an money...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

[QUOTE=Di;2205874]
    Week 13
    I am trying to think of a sensible answer but really can`t think of one only that maybe it is because it was the first item of female clothing i wore and the most intimate , my wife just says i have this thing about them but yes it is an obsession .(thank the Gods that she likes me in them)

No for the most part i am not happy , i can release a lot of my fem feelings and desires through being androgynous and the wearing of bracelets, rings ,nail varnish and a small amount of makeup coupled with not worrying about my feminine ways and gestures but being able to wear what i like when i like would be something that would make me happier.

36) Do you have bouts of depression or sadness because of CDing? Why do you think you do? What helps you? Is there anything we can do
    Unfortunately yes i do , sometimes it can dominate my thoughts all day it is a constant battle between what i can wear and what i want to wear i know it does not make sense to get like this but it does depress me a lot of the time ,
    what helps me, nothing only going to bed at night and starting it all over again in the morning plus a few other things that i am not going to mention , I am not sure who you mean by (we) but thank you for asking , no there is nothing anyone else can do to help me as it is my battle which i have to live with .
    (In case this may worry some GGs who have a CD SO i should point out that i personally have deeper issues than the CDing on its own so it is very unlikely that they would turn out like me ) thank god.
    Last edited by Joanne f; 07-17-2010 at 04:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

34) I think its probably because they're the most feminine thing for most of us.
    35) I love being CD but i wish i had the confidence to transition or at the very least was passable
    36) Regularly, mostly because im so indecisive and unsure of myself :/
    "Life is like a movie: If you've sat through half of it and it's sucked every second so far, it probably isn't going to get better right at the end and make it all worth while. No one should be blamed for walking out early..."

Add me on MSN or Facebook
    Pippa_J_10@hotmail.com
    Http://www.Facebook.com/PippaJ2010

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Week 13

(34) Panties, I love em. GG's get to wear all the nice clothes and why can't we. As for me I only wear panties, my wife tried to have me wear male undies to go through the screening at the airport and I told her do you really think they care what my underwear look like?
    (35) I wish that I could dress all the time as a woman and get breast implants but family considerations won't allow so I am as happy as I can be.
    (36) Depression, not a chance. I am the most upbeat and positive person you will ever meet. Life is wonderful inspite of my covert lifestyle.

Panties are one of the first links to the feminine side. Panties and skirts make me feel the most girly, and are often the first items I put on. Also, it's easiest to underdress with panties without detection. I don't know why there are so many threads, because I would imagine they could be merged into just a few categories, but I can understand the draw.

I am happy for the most part. I have a wife who understands, and I dress when I want. I would like several specific clothing items, but all in due time.

36) Do you have bouts of depression or sadness because of CDing? Why do you think you do? What helps you?

I'm typically fine with my crossdressing. Once in awhile I might get down because almost no one I know would ever understand the desire.

Week 13

Me neither. I'm a wholistic presentation type, not fixated on particular articles of clothing.

Yes, for the most part. If I could be perfectly passable, yes, I'd be a bit happier

Never have been sad or depressed about it.