Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Manly" job by day......

I go out in a skirt and flats and blouse to do the yardwork now buts its in the backyard . But maybe I will be able to make it to the front yard when the neighbors in front of me move and the road moves as well . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JiFem9ll View Post
    Me Too, I'm retired now but for many years I worked in the building trades (carpenter and associated trades) which included equipment operation, truck driving, masonry, steelwork, and also power plant maintenance. these were all considered to be very manly jobs. However I secretly dressed when I was at home and never mentioned anything about it while at work because I didn't want to be the subject of ridecule. I guess some jobs are still considered bastions of masculinity where anything feminine is taboo.

Truck driver had to be the best , I figure if you do night runs you can dress however you wanted to while driving even in the daytime just change back before you get to your destination . Since the economy went to pot I figure there are some closed truck stops as there was a TA travelcenter 30 miles from here and the whole thing shut completely down , this would give you number 1 not to mention all the rest stops on the interstates.

The last job I had (retired from) was as a wastewater treatment plant maintenance mechanic. I have also worked as a welder/fabricator, power plant maintenance (coal fired, ask Karren about the coal). I have encountered women working at some of the same jobs at the places I was at too.

I also work in the automotive industry, I don't subscribe to giving jobs a "gender" but in my very long service I have not come across many women that do my job, in point of fact I know of only two, that is not to say there are not others, but clearly not many. I share the feeling that after getting home from an oily, dirty and dusty job its great to get into something more comfortable, as for hobbies, well I like driving fast cars, riding faster super bikes and mountain biking.

Banned Read only
    I'm a mechanical engineer; have been for 38 years. I do design work, machinery installations, etc. I am a MAJOR motorsports fan. I've seen a lot of the greats and legends drive over the last 40 years on road courses, big ovals, little ovals, pavement and dirt. I've driven race cars (though not in competition) and helped a late friend maintain his race car. On the other hand, as I write this, I'm wearing a thong, pantie girdle, bra and forms under my overalls. We are what we are. The trick is to allow ourselves to be...

Ms Taken, I'm in the same boat. Love the manly stuff (hunting, shooting, working out), but like the opportunity to dress and just relax en femme. I would never dream of being 100% en femme, but I just treat it like another hobby in a way.

i also work in heavy industry steel mill i have been cding for years it gives me a real release from my hectic work load. for many years i was very confused to who i was but now i have grown to finally love Cherie as me . just love the girl within .

you could be me

hello dee baker your story is mine i too worked in telecom industry climbed poles ,spliced cables,worked underground in Manholes .i love to target shoot also i dont do any welding so my pantyhose are safe would like to correspond more with you if you like

Jacksonville, NC (Nope not military either ;) )
    I work for a professional race team.....Talk about a manly job, lol. Was a line tech for many years and at one time owned my own race car fabrication business.
    I love my work and honestly, when I am at my own shop, working on my own little projects I am usually fully under dressed and love it.

Gold Member
    I was a Carpenter, 40 years, the last 6, a stair builder, the round type. Loved the trade, hated to retire. Rader

I’m a federal agent (don’t want to say publicly which agency, but if you PM me I’ll tell you). Also, I enjoy collecting and shooting guns, mountaineering, running in adventure races, lifting weights, and brewing my own beer among other “guy” things. I have been crossdressing longer than I have been working at my job or enjoying these hobbies, and I’ll probably be crossdressing long after I’m retired and long after I’m too old to enjoy these hobbies. I don’t think that it’s “strange” and I don’t feel like it’s a struggle for me to deal with these “total opposites”. As a small child I loved guns and I loved dressing like a girl. Decades later I love guns and I love dressing like a girl. It’s just the way that I am.

I can totally understand how some people may think that is “strange”. But it’s been a part of me for so long that it doesn’t seem out of the ordinary to me at all. Growing up as a small child, when my parents would find girl’s clothing in my room, they did their best to make me understand that it was wrong. I don’t hold anything against them for that. But I do remember how confused they would get over it. “He’s such a normal boy. I don’t understand.”

I am retired from a "manly job" in the building trades. I spent almost half a century working as a mechanic's helper, manitenance mechanic, carpenter, structural maintenance man, equipment operator and handyman. I spent several years working in power plants in my state and, although the work was usually hot and dirty, I liked all the building and fixing because the end result was always high quality.

When I wasn't working my interest reverted to my favorite pastime, crossressing. I had to hide it for many years from my wife and family, and if my co workers had known about it, they would have given me a lot of heat. I always enjoyed working in "manly" jobs but also expressing my feminine side when not at work. So you're not alone in doing the work you enjoy and also enjoying dressing.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land