Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards In "Femme" Names?

Credit Cards In "Femme" Names?

I was just wondering for those of you who go out in public "enfemme" and go shopping, does anybody use credit cards and if so, how do you go about getting a credit card in your "femme" name or do most stores just accept your credit cards with your "regular" name? Given the prevalence of ID theft, I would think that most stores would be hesitant to authorize purchases by somebody who does not appear as their name would suggest without having to explain why. Any information and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Formerly Natalie Lynn Tracy Lynn's Avatar
    I have no problem at all, my given name is Tracy.
    Love Ya, Tracy

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves.... Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine." ~James Poland

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie
    I was just wondering for those of you who go out in public "enfemme" and go shopping, does anybody use credit cards and if so, how do you go about getting a credit card in your "femme" name or do most stores just accept your credit cards with your "regular" name? Given the prevalence of ID theft, I would think that most stores would be hesitant to authorize purchases by somebody who does not appear as their name would suggest without having to explain why. Any information and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I have all my cards in my femme name. I'm in a different situation to most of the girls here though. He is a thing of the past now though and I had a letter from my GRS doc explaining the situation and change of name documents I gave to the card companies and everyone else who needed them.

Anne

I think you would have a hard time using your drab name to purchase with a card and I doubt they would take a femme name card without ID. If it were me, I would just use cash if you can.

xoxo
    Britney

Here in the uk we are changing over to CHIP & PIN, so salespeople don't even get to handle our cards. We put the card in the reader, type in our PIN, and that's it - no sweat!
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

I'm in Canada and I've got supplementary credit cards from Amex and Visa with Amanda Bower as the name. I've never had a problem using them for any purchase while dressed or occasionally online. All I had to do to get them was call the card company and ask for a supplementary card.

It was actually harder to get supplementary cards for my wife a couple of years later, they wanted to confirm that I wanted two different women to have cards!
    Amanda Bower

Quote Originally Posted by britney1
    I think you would have a hard time using your drab name to purchase with a card and I doubt they would take a femme name card without ID. If it were me, I would just use cash if you can.

I applied for and got another card on my existing account in my femme name, Lauren Patricia D*****n. No questions asked by the CC company and I've not had any problems when I've used it.

Lauren

Platinum Member
    we always use "his" cards ....at least "he" is good for something.....

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Wife uses my card without problems, so does Emily. I try to use cash mostly though.

Emily Ann

I don't have any credit cards.
    I always use cash.

It is easy to get extra cards on your account in different names. My sister dis with her kids and I did it with our son. Great to manage what they buy. Just contact your Credit Card company. BTW, the extra cards are FREE.

JoAnn

True, it's easy to get an extra card in any name you like; but the problem, I would think, is that many stores (at least here in the U.S.) ask for identification when you make a purchase using your card. They usually ask me, anyway....maybe I look like a shady character.....

Anyway, even if they don't ask 99% of the time, they COULD. Just something to think about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Thanks for the info, I might try getting one in Billi. But at LB or FB, even Ave, no problem.

Marla GG..... Good point, I remember the senine from "White Chicks", where they went up to the counter to check in the hotel and the cleck asked for ID. They girls open her purse and stared at their ID with their male pictures and had to quickly figure out a solution. So she had a BF. LOL
    Some places ask for ID's, but many do not. Now if you pay with a check, they always request ID.
    I think I'll check into what it takes to get a ID. My mother doesn't drive but has a Texas ID card that looks a lot like a drivers license.

JoAnn

My real name is a unisex name so i get the best of both worlds,ive even had mail addressed as miss which i thought was quite funny.

I have a unisex name also and my last name runs right with it as if my mom was naming a girl I dont have any problems.
    When using your debit card they dont ask for ID as long as you have your pin #
    Last edited by ebony; 09-29-2005 at 03:31 PM.

A word of caution

Just something to think about, getting a credit card in your femme name is relitivly easy BUT imagine the sinerio(spelling?) You are trying to pay for something while dressed using a females credit card and you are "read".
    Do you really want a store calling the police because some guy in drag is trying to use a credit card that clearly belongs to a woman, do you really want to try and explain that you're not commiting credit card fraud.

Stick to cash, it's a lot safer.
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

I use my credit cards with my guy name...have yet to have a problem. They ID me...I just pull out my drivers lisence and show them that. I get some smiles but no one has refused to sell to me yet.

Nordstrums, Mac and Macys are some of the stores I've gone to...of course Atlanta has lots of Tgirls...perhaps they are used to us.

I don't carry plastique personally, but I do a lot of shopping for my GG nurse friend and the man she takes care of who is also my employer.

So I carry cards in both a male name that isn't mine and in a female name - and I do their shopping in drab. I live in a high-crime city (Houston) where check and CC fraud is rampant, yet I am rarely asked to show ID - and on those occasions that I am, if an explanation doesn't suffice - which it usually does - then I simply pay cash.

Since the card(s) you're using aren't 'hotlisted' as being stolen, the worst that can occur is that they simply won't accept it for payment. The risk of anything untoward or embarassing is, as a rule, miniscule...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Smile

I have always use 'me male credit card when buying femm things and never had a problem until a couple of years ago. i was dressed femm and was in a lingerie shop buying some bras and knickers and everything was fine until we are at 'th till. Th cashier rang everything in and i gave her 'me credit card with 'me name on it, She ask me what i was doing with a male credit card and thought i was going to commit fraud. So i explained to her that i was a crossdresser and that was me and even show her 'me drivers license, social sercuity card etc. But even after all that she still thought i was commiting fraud and told me that look you can either give me all 'th credit cards and id and just leave and nothing else would happen or she was going to ring 'th police and have me charged. anyhow to make a long story short what ended up happening was 'th police did come and everything was sorted.Th officers figure out i was a crossdresser and 'th credit cards were mine and simply said to me to just leave and don't go out shopping dress femm again so this wouldn't happen again. well i didn't buy anything from that shop but 'bout a hour later went to another lingerie shop and had no problem at all. i told them what happened and they couldn't believe it when i told them and said from now on just come here for your stuff and they will never be any problems and i still do when i need stuff.

So that's 'th only problem i ever had other than that i never any problem at all,some shops are very picky and with 'th ID theft going on i can understand on them being cautious. your best to go to shops that either they know you or ring them up first and ask them if you can come in and look 'bout and try stuff on and possibly buy somthing, That's what i do now after that one experince i had and since then had any problems at all.

Most states in the USA will issue photo ID cards, which carry your legal name and address, but have a photo of you looking however you are when you come in to apply. I have several CD friends here in Atlanta who have gotten them with photos of them enfemme. It does make it easier when using credit cards. It's also a must if you ever contemplate flying enfemme. I know some girls who have done that as well. I don't have said photo ID myself yet, but do plan to get one in the next few weeks.
    Phoebe

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar

It's not as bad as you think

In the States (OK, in California) a lot of the department stores now just have you swipe your card, so the salesperson never looks at it -- although I'm not sure if the name shows up on the register.

I've got a pretty illegible signature anyway, plus an extra vowel changes my male name to a female name, so I just went ahead and used my credit card, and added an extra ambigious character. Vowel or sloppy handwriting... :undecided

I don't shop where I live anyway, so I figured at worse if they asked for ID, they don't know who I am, so it doesn't really matter.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I have no problem with any of my credit cards, they all have my initals and then surname, ie: L D Hexi, no gender indication.

Linda.

Thanks everybody for the input. I hadn't seen this topic mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd ask for advice from people who have been doing this for awhile. I think that I probably WILL stick to cash when I'm out or use my debit card wherever I can swipe it. Unfortunately, I'm not blessed with a "gender neutral" birth name like some lucky people here. Thanks again! Luv

credit cards are the devil
    Merry

HRT since 2009