Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge.........as we enter into the "Traditional Weight Gaining Season"

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn A. View Post
    Julie, First congrats on losing 5#s since Thanksgiving. That's a major accomplishment to my way of thinking !!.........For me, last year when I was successful in losing some 55 lbs in 2 months, I would have some of my fat foods only on Sunday, never any other day. Also would only have 1 beer on Sunday, no other day. It worked for me then, hopefully I have the constitution to see it through again !!.....Good luck Julie.
    Thanks Madilyn. It was tougher than I though it would be. I lost 30 lbs in 2009, looking to lose another 30 lbs this year (I'm dreaming about making it 40, but we'll see). What has alwys killed me was the cheating. My friend told me to pick a day, go shopping for the things you want, and really enjoy it. He says that if you never allow for a fat day, when you cheat you go way over the top and create a yo-yo affect on your weight. By setting one day aside it gives you something to look forward to and makes it easier to turn down "goodies" when you're not supposed to have then

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ok, so here I go again. 181 to 187 over thanksgiving, back to 181, and this last week up to 186. With no holidays in sight, it's dive! dive! dive!

tina

Thank heavens for this thead! When we began I weighted in at 236.5. By the 23rd of December (wife's birthday adn the official start to our Holiday Season) I was 228.5. Now I am 234 after the Holidays. So since the start of this thread I've lost 2 lbs! If it weren't for this I be at 242.5. So I am happy! I'm back on the diet until my birthday in March, so here we go!
    Dana Fleming

a bit nutty
    Oh Lucky me! In just one day during the holiday I lost 3 lbs! Well, thanks to our friendly world of communicable diseases ie: NOROVIRUS. The whole family got hit, and I was hit especially hard. I haven't been that violently sick in a long time. Who knew there was that much stuff inside me! Oh well, lost my appetite through the new year and lost an additional 2 lbs for a total of 5 lbs that I lost before today.

Wanna lose weight real fast? Find someone with the Norovirus AKA Norwalk virus and you are in for a real weight loss session!

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I've been a bad girl, too, Jennifer! Up to 202.8 ..... but determined to get healthy. To the basement, and exercise bike, right now.
    Love

Lynne

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Ginger, Ouch !! Not a favorite weight loss technique. But remember, it's not wheather you win or LOSE, it's how you play the game !!...NOT !!
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Well I have been a bad girl lately. The last time I weighed my self I was 173.4 I know I gained back some of my weight this last week but tomorrow I go back to work and back to getting to losing my weight and I will not stop until I lose 15 pounds. So I will keep posting my updates throughout this new year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I went to the gym to do a little cardio after a couple of weeks off over Christmas. So after a lack of exercise and an excess of food and drink (and a chesty cold that has been hanging around for about three weeks) I expected to, have put on a bit of weight. I was shocked to see I'd lost about 0.5kg (or 1lb) which makes me 59.5kg (quick thumbnail conversion, that's about 130lb). Still feel fat though

At the start of the New Year I also started logging everything that I eat or drink into Cron-o-meter (calorie tracking software that is a free download). KNowing that I'm "counting" everything I take in has (in this short few days) done great deal for my willpower.
    Love

Lynne

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Congrats again to all u "losers!

I have NO IDEA how u LOSE over the holidays!

I did MUCH better than expected!
    After totally pigging out over the holidays and "game day", new years day, I only put on 5 pounds! Expected to put on closer to 10!

So, I'm up to 155. I'll be down to 150 again in 2 weeks! Then, it's back to my continuing quest to equal the weight I was on my first, age 16 driver's license! 145!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Loser......that's me !!!

Well, this morning down 2 lbs. from yesterday ...... The food intake was :1,003 calories, 33.7 grams of fat, 101.0 grams of carbs, and 60.9 grams of protein. I am using www.fitday.com to log my food intake and weight loss.......Let's see how you all are doing ?

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I lost another 2 lbs, so I'm 230. However yesterday I gave blood and that weights 1 lb so I really dropped 1 lb. Of course after giving blood I am very hungry so I ate a lot of friut and raw veggies. This morning I had an easy weight workout but still got light headed so I cut it short, and I didn't do cardio. Guess when you get older the loss of that much blood is harder to recover from. When I was in my 30s I would give blood in the morning and run in the evening so for all you youngsters givng blood should not bother you.

If you can I urge you to give blood. After the holidays the blood supplies are down and they need to build them up. When you give blood you help so many people with just one donation. So if you can please donate!

Hugs,
    Dana Fleming

Down another 2 lbs, net loss this week 5 lbs........ Yesterday, caloric intake about 1100 calories. Included was 2 Miller Lights, 1 glass of red wine. Didn't feel hungry at all. I think I am focused on my goals and should have no problem dropping the 22 lbs....... I am curious as to how everyone else is doing ?

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Wenr out to dinner last night with my wife since neither one of us wanted to cook. Ate a bit too much but only gained 1/2 lb, so I'm at 230.5.
    Dana Fleming

I'll play too. What great motivation! I could stand to loose 20 or 30 pounds.

For some reason yesterday I was hungry all the time. I ate a lot except it was friuts, nuts and veggies durning the day. At dinner we had pasta (the 3rd day in a row). That evening I had 3 pieces of candy. After that it was time for bed. Perhaps I felt like that because it was cold and snowy most of the day and I was trying to stay warm by filling up. This morning I gained only 1/2 lb so it wasn't that bad.

So far today I not hungry at all, how strange is that?

Hugs
    Dana Fleming

Banned Read only
    I lost five pounds over the holidays. I'm down to 198 morning weight. I would love to hit 175 which was my weight in the military and for several years thereafter. I read the back of the beer cans and saw 175 calories-same for soda pop. I have to just eat less. Hopefully the spring will be early for I can start moving dirt around for several hours a day. That's a weight loss program that produces tangible results, even if I do not lose some pounds.

Great progress! Congrats to all my girlfriends here. You're outstanding!
    I'm definitely inspired by you. 202.8 on New Year's day. Cut my calories down to an average of 1500 per day (heavy on protein), and cut out my beloved beers ( ;( ). Added 30 minutes on the exercise bike or rower .... and was shocked at the result. Down to 193.6 this morning. And I have not felt all that hungry either.

Keep up the good work, chickas!!
    Love

Lynne

Lynne, Your post is inspiring to all of us. Wow, congratulations ! I am only down this morning by 3 lbs., but have some great dresses to get into; so, thanks again for the inspiration. Hugs Maddy

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Thanks Maddy! I think my biggest problem in 2010 was that in December I had fallen into a routine of having ~4 beers after work ... almost every day .... not such a good idea, for more than 1 reason, I suppose. I think my body is wondering where all those calories have gone
    Love

Lynne

Lynne, My problem as well, a few beers each day, well sometimes a few more than a few as well. Hoagies, cheese steaks, and pizza don't help either....But I am inspired after seeing how well you have done....BTW, a few photos might serve to inspire us even more !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Whoa!! Andrea to cool 9# loss wow, I think I'm up 2 more Geeeeeze, this looks hopeless for me, congrats to all of the girls with will power! and hasta-la-veast Baby to the poundage you've lost, love ya Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Last summer I was down to 85 kg [188 lbs]. Then when the weather cooled down I got up to 89 kg [195 lbs]. This morning I weighed myself, and it was 87 kg [192 lbs].

Those numbers are so much better than in July 2009 I weighed 104 kg [228 lbs].

My type 2 diabetes is under much better control at my lower weight. I still would like to get down to 80 kg [175 lbs].

My wife hassles me about my losing weight; she says I am being really vain. After losing weight I finally have a figure with breasts and hips, and my wife teases me about my "tits".

So, I did not gain weight over the holidays.

We have to dump the old colonial units and go to modern SI units.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-08-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Well it sounds like everyone is on the right track OUTSTANDING. I got back to work and started working out there by climbing the stairs at work for 25 minutes and eating correctly I have not gotten back on the scale yet but I will tomorrow and let everyone know. Let's keep this up and in no time we will all be thiner women.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good news means bad eating!

Hi again. So I fell off the wagon for a couple days this past week. You know how I had gotten down to 169 on Jan 1, right? Well, by Thursday I had ballooned up to 172 because I had lots and lots of delicious celebration foods and drink. I just received a solid job offer to create my ideal program at a top tier university, to begin in June when I finish my current responsibilities.

I've started and run businesses before, and have run academic programs. I enjoy doing them both because I find them to be satisfying, challenging, creative endeavors. Now I get to combine those two things I enjoy with a field of study that has been my passion for the past 20 years, but which I never expected might receive institutional support.

Yahoo! Let the celebrations begin! And the first one was immediately afterwards with a HUGE juicy bacon and bleu cheese burger and fries, accompanied by "one bourbon, one scotch, and one bee-eer"! Hahaha! Even in a high-rent district I can be a low-rent girl sometimes! It was a hoot.

I'm back down to 167.5 now, basically through barely eating and staying active these past couple days, but I just had to tell you all what's been going on and why I haven't been on here as much this past week. Yay!

I think I've had one or more of these working on my behalf, because this event makes me .

Hugs,

Rachel